Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Got the results from my neurologist yesterday. Have a cyst in my brain. Going for another MRI with contrast this time to know more about it...I'm waiting until then to start pestering my neurologist with questions, since there's no point in doing so until we have more info.

Stay strong, my brother. Heart and prayers to you.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In other (probably sad) news:

I think our older Jack Russell has just about reached the end of the road :(

She was picked up as a stray and taken to Battersea dog's home, where she spent 8 months in their behavioural unit for nervous aggression (average standard stay in the home is apparently 35 days). She had plenty of "interviews" over that time but everyone deemed her too much trouble to work with. She came with instructions that she'd never be able to cope with living with other animals or children.

We took her into our lives in May 2006, at which point Battersea estimated her age to be around 3.

She moved to France with us, and when our son was born in 2009 she spent the next 6 months on active guard duty, assessing anyone who approached him. Ever since then she's been on passive guard, ramping back to active when our daughter arrived in 2012.

Over her time with us she's accepted the arrival of any number of chickens, rabbits and another JRT with little fuss.

More recently her health has been in decline, she's been effectively deaf for some time (some sort of immune reaction for which she's on daily meds) and her eyesight is going due to cataracts, but she's always kept up.

The last few weeks she's had problems with her back legs/hips though, and we think there's the possibility she's started stroking in a small way...

We don't think it's at all fair to try starting invasive treatment on a nearly 20 year old dog, so unless she gets herself better over the weekend we really think it's best to admit game over.

Put me right out of the mood for work today, that's for sure.

It's the deal we make with them. She sure did have a great human in her life, she couldn't have asked for any better.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well....I should never go anywhere, to buy food, when I'm hungry. I got a salad...which was good, but I also got Spaghetti which was ok...but I then added on 2 meatballs, made with beef.....I don't eat read meat.....haven't in a very long time.....and now...... I'm paying for it
Yeah, that's a seriously bad decision - going shopping hungry. Don't do that.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well....I should never go anywhere, to buy food, when I'm hungry. I got a salad...which was good, but I also got Spaghetti which was ok...but I then added on 2 meatballs, made with beef.....I don't eat read meat.....haven't in a very long time.....and now...... I'm paying for it
Bacon deficiency leads to bad decisions.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Went to a Paul Simon concert last night, outdoors, under a bright moon and breezy clear skies, had great seats. Older crowd, everyone had a buzz as you're allowed to drink beer at your seats.

He's lived here a long time but has never performed on Maui before. In fact, the last time he performed in the state was on Oahu, 45 years ago with Art Garfunkel. Go figure.

He rocked the house. Everybody was up singing and dancing to every song.

paulSimon.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Went to a Paul Simon concert last night, outdoors, under a bright moon and breezy clear skies, had great seats. Older crowd, everyone had a buzz as you're allowed to drink beer at your seats.

He's lived here a long time but has never performed on Maui before. In fact, the last time he performed in the state was on Oahu, 45 years ago with Art Garfunkel. Go figure.

View attachment 22412
Did you call him Al?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The kid found a clutch purse in the yard (under the laundry room window and thought it might have fallen out there - the dryer vents through it) The good kid put it on my desk, and when I got up, I was slightly puzzled, and opened it: 3 or 4 syringes, a spoon, or two.....cue Hank Hill here, ahhhhhhh.
Deep sixed the lot, and wonder if I need to put a fence across the front yard.
Or get a big dog on a chain.....(which is a no, I don't do chains)

Happy Friday.....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The kid found a clutch purse in the yard (under the laundry room window and thought it might have fallen out there - the dryer vents through it) The good kid put it on my desk, and when I got up, I was slightly puzzled, and opened it: 3 or 4 syringes, a spoon, or two.....cue Hank Hill here, ahhhhhhh.
Deep sixed the lot, and wonder if I need to put a fence across the front yard.
Or get a big dog on a chain.....(which is a no, I don't do chains)

Happy Friday.....

A Bengal Tiger..... how about a Bengal Tiger..... that or a Kodiak bear... that should keep the drug paarifinallia types out of your yard

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the way you think..... however Nile Crocodiles might be better. They can even get trespassers even if they venture to close, and they are vicious enough to do it too
Yeah, but then you can't also have the tiger. Shark and tiger at the same time.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

View attachment 22412
That sounds like fun! I love concerts where people dance and sing along!

Status
Not open for further replies.