Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This has been a very fast year so far. Due to breakdowns and pasture renovations/reparations our farming overhead is the highest it has ever been. I'm scheduled for knee replacements in October but right now I do not see that happening. It is sad to think having surgery is the only way I can slow down enough to reflect on the year.

Are you going to have both done at once, or the second one after rehab of the first?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
This has been a very fast year so far. Due to breakdowns and pasture renovations/reparations our farming overhead is the highest it has ever been. I'm scheduled for knee replacements in October but right now I do not see that happening. It is sad to think having surgery is the only way I can slow down enough to reflect on the year.

Having arthroscopic in the beginning of summer really curtailed just about everything I had planed or had to do this summer.

You have to have time to heal afterwards so postponing may be a good idea. What about winter, would that work.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I did not know an MD would do both at once, but then I only know a few MDs

Yes, I was surprised too. While working in a Physical Therapy unit that specialized in knee surgery and knee replacement, I ran into a couple dozen who had both done at the same time. Which was a very small percentage of the folks in there.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yes, I was surprised too. While working in a Physical Therapy unit that specialized in knee surgery and knee replacement, I ran into a couple dozen who had both done at the same time. Which was a very small percentage of the folks in there.

Man, I'm dealing with 1 knee, and it was arthroscopic surgery and one is enough. Don't want to even imagine to total replacements at the same time. Although I have been told you are up and walking much sooner, you still must have to deal with the quads shutting off and getting them to work again.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It's been so fricken' hot and humid at work. Just nasty, and a lot of older tourists have gone down with the heat.

/www.mauinews.com/news/local-news/2019/08/temperature-gauge-breaks-at-airport/

Funniest line to me was - "It was unclear what caused the gauge to break."

To hot for me....but if I was there....dang if I would not be wanting to do Taijiquan.....every time I am out in hot humid weather I get the same dang urge to do taiji...don't know why....and it didn't start happening until I broke the 50 to 60 halfway mark.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Having arthroscopic in the beginning of summer really curtailed just about everything I had planed or had to do this summer.

You have to have time to heal afterwards so postponing may be a good idea. What about winter, would that work.
That is a big part of doing it in October. Summer flush is over and heavy feeding season has not started. My mind really does not want to do it but my body really does. We will have to see which one wins.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Are you going to have both done at once, or the second one after rehab of the first?
I want to have them done at the same time. My oldest brother who is a good bit heavier had both done about 2 years ago and it has went very good. I try to audit any and everyone who has had replacements. It is a pretty mixed bag and since I don't really know most of them I have to consider that some portion of the people who had problems were going to have problems no matter what (other health issues, etc...).
A problem for me it that I have two plates and a bunch of pins in my left leg that have to be removed to do a knee replacement. That leg has already had nine surgeries and it pretty messed. I have favored that leg so much it has worn out the right leg. Sometimes you just can't catch a break.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

There really is no good time to have this stuff done. In the winter you have snow shoveling, moving around on slippery ground, etc.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I want to have them done at the same time. My oldest brother who is a good bit heavier had both done about 2 years ago and it has went very good. I try to audit any and everyone who has had replacements. It is a pretty mixed bag and since I don't really know most of them I have to consider that some portion of the people who had problems were going to have problems no matter what (other health issues, etc...).
A problem for me it that I have two plates and a bunch of pins in my left leg that have to be removed to do a knee replacement. That leg has already had nine surgeries and it pretty messed. I have favored that leg so much it has worn out the right leg. Sometimes you just can't catch a break.

Damn, bro. We have some hard miles on us around here.

At least when the two are done at the same time the recovery is quicker that done separately. Just take your recovery therapy as serious as you take your Martial Arts. Wishing you the best. And when you do get it done - we'll be here to bust your chops you while you recover.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've been friends with a couple of cats in my life, but I'm a dedicated dog guy. Love dogs, getting one in the fall.

But this feral kitty showed up at the house about two months ago. Since then she lives on the porch or under the house. We don't feed her, she hunts. We don't even provide her water. (But obviously would if we thought necessary) We wanted no part of her, too complicated with the pet restrictions at our rental home.
And then....

We named her The Stroonz. It's Italian for Little Sh-t.

My God, she has stolen our hearts so bad. She spends hours on our laps. I'm bringing her in to be spayed and get shots.

TheStroonz.jpg

We are so screwed.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been friends with a couple of cats in my life, but I'm a dedicated dog guy. Love dogs, getting one in the fall.

But this feral kitty showed up at the house about two months ago. Since then she lives on the porch or under the house. We don't feed her, she hunts. We don't even provide her water. (But obviously would if we thought necessary) We wanted no part of her, too complicated with the pet restrictions at our rental home.
And then....

My God, she has stolen our hearts so bad. She spends hours on our laps. I'm bringing her in to be spayed and get shots.

View attachment 22409

We are so screwed.
AWWWWWWW! She is so sweet! I love almost all living creatures, including snakes and spiders. But I think I was a cat in my previous life. :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And then....

View attachment 22409

We are so screwed.
I'm mostly a dog guy, myself. But when the right cat finds you, it doesn't matter what you want - they always win. I've had two in succession sucker me in. One was a small 8-lb. girl who loved to ride around the house on my shoulder (I still have tension in my left shoulder I'm sure is from all those rides).

The second I still have. He's a bit bigger than the first.
upload_2019-8-14_17-7-12.png

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm mostly a dog guy, myself. But when the right cat finds you, it doesn't matter what you want - they always win. I've had two in succession sucker me in. One was a small 8-lb. girl who loved to ride around the house on my shoulder (I still have tension in my left shoulder I'm sure is from all those rides).

The second I still have. He's a bit bigger than the first.
View attachment 22411

That is one seriously large cat!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

And then....

View attachment 22409

We are so screwed.
That is so beautiful man haha.. ah yep, the pet chooses us right :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions