Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
a couple of days ago, a 'friend' ripped me a new one, because before Easter I had a discussion with another person in a group setting.
the topic was the constant disagreeable behavior of yet another person (confused yet?)
the person I got into a tiff with ended up defending the mean behavior of this individual, insulting everybody else in the round, along the lines of 'she is like me' and nobody but her had common sense...and it got worse from there.

So, the attempts to shut her up the nice way failed, so, yours truly got more clear (And if you have visited the Study of old, you know I can be pretty clear!), and considering her support of ultra extreme political views, I called her that appropriate moniker by comparison.

Anyway
the group decided to part ways with her, and 2 months later said friend messages me in a huff, because I called her a bad name. Said 'friend' spends her free time aggravating people with the above mentioned extreme values, and reports them to FB.
She send me 3 emails with the complaints and I suppose the link, because I had not found it even though I actually did search. I remember I wasn't feeling like I was in the wrong, and after re-reading the content, this has been affirmed, sorry not sorry.

I did not open the emails. I didn't feel like messing with it.
Didn't even read the majority of the private messages either, like fort line, last line, hey, I am done with this topic!

So somewhere, I am puzzled, but not enough to really look into it.
what makes people tick.

I mean, it is funny when people who blaze into a topic with their minds made up complain about people having their minds made up before entering a discussion! :D

It was some surreal experience, which I obscured some for brevity and the general amusement .

OH, she had my email wrong, so somewhere there is a poor sap who just got bombarded with a bunch of accusations out of the blue, by a complete stranger!
:rolleyes:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just curious. The last few trips we have made where there was a decent amount of tourism Uber/Lyft was cheaper than a car rental by a good bit if you had to pay for parking where you were staying or where you were going. $20-30 bucks just to park every trip adds up quickly.
We have also had good service using Airbnb when we have a smaller group, say four or less. I am too old to be interested in staying in a house with 6-10 people even if they are all good friends.
I've been using Lyft (and occasionally Uber) to avoid most of my business rental cars for a couple of years. In most cases, the math works out nicely, as you said.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
mein Auto über alles

I do not like taxis, buses, Uber or Lyft. But I will say the name Uber has made me uncomfortable ever since I heard it. Not because I think they are doing anything, but because I immediately associate it with a phrase used in Germany prior to and during WW II

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
HEY!!!! I ain't NOBODIES Pigeon....dang kids...NO respect :D

Sorry, my apologies! Poor Choice of picture. This one is more fitting.
651a1ba120254cc3710961be50184dcf-cushion-ideas-stick-pins_orig.jpg

Or this one.
hobbies-leisure-acupuncturist-darts-dartboard-clumsy-accidental-jmp080620_low.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well...my knee hurts, and I STILL AIN'T ABLE to do taijiquan like I WANT TO!!!!!!

walked to much this past weekend, but I did come much closer to picking where I want to retire and while away my days doing taijquan.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Then hopefully tonight or over the weekend going to look at a cyclo-cross bike

Well, had a look on Sunday...

And bought it.

Quick go over today (adjust and check) and went out with my son tonight.

IMG-20190701-WA0000.jpeg

Soon I'll give it a full strip and service, but I'm quite pleased so far.

Only issue is I'm not entirely sure Specialized had my butt in mind when they designed the saddle :/

Might have to save up a bit and get another Brooks.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

And bought it.

View attachment 22308

Only issue is I'm not entirely sure Specialized had my butt in mind when they designed the saddle :/

Yeah, the people who design bicycle seats seats need to be keelhauled.

I love the pic and the one you posted the other day of the bike at dusk. Really nice shot.

Reactions: pdg

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, the people who design bicycle seats seats need to be keelhauled.

I love the pic and the one you posted the other day of the bike at dusk. Really nice shot.

Thanks for the compliment, appreciated :)

They're literally just snaps with my phone - I guess we're just lucky with photogenic countryside around where I live.

And yeah, saddles are quite the pain in the backside ;)

Maybe it's because I'm old, but I don't think I'll ever find anything to beat a decent leather butt perch. They might take a bit of looking after, and there's a bit of a weight (and price) penalty, but after a couple of hours to break in they just work.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
mein Auto über alles

I do not like taxis, buses, Uber or Lyft. But I will say the name Uber has made me uncomfortable ever since I heard it. Not because I think they are doing anything, but because I immediately associate it with a phrase used in Germany prior to and during WW II

uber definition:
denoting an outstanding or supreme example of a particular kind of person or thing. However, If you have strong ties to WWII I fully understand.
May I ask what the phrase is? I am not familiar.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment, appreciated :)

They're literally just snaps with my phone - I guess we're just lucky with photogenic countryside around where I live.

And yeah, saddles are quite the pain in the backside ;)

Maybe it's because I'm old, but I don't think I'll ever find anything to beat a decent leather butt perch. They might take a bit of looking after, and there's a bit of a weight (and price) penalty, but after a couple of hours to break in they just work.
Yeah, I got excited when I first saw the post and thought you had purchased the land in the picture.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And bought it.

View attachment 22308

I don't have anyone to ride with, but I'm probably going to break down and get a trail bike this year. I can't run distance regularly anymore, so time to go back to what I did before I got into running.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
a couple of days ago, a 'friend' ripped me a new one, because before Easter I had a discussion with another person in a group setting.
the topic was the constant disagreeable behavior of yet another person (confused yet?)
the person I got into a tiff with ended up defending the mean behavior of this individual, insulting everybody else in the round, along the lines of 'she is like me' and nobody but her had common sense...and it got worse from there.

So, the attempts to shut her up the nice way failed, so, yours truly got more clear (And if you have visited the Study of old, you know I can be pretty clear!), and considering her support of ultra extreme political views, I called her that appropriate moniker by comparison.

Anyway
the group decided to part ways with her, and 2 months later said friend messages me in a huff, because I called her a bad name. Said 'friend' spends her free time aggravating people with the above mentioned extreme values, and reports them to FB.
She send me 3 emails with the complaints and I suppose the link, because I had not found it even though I actually did search. I remember I wasn't feeling like I was in the wrong, and after re-reading the content, this has been affirmed, sorry not sorry.

I did not open the emails. I didn't feel like messing with it.
Didn't even read the majority of the private messages either, like fort line, last line, hey, I am done with this topic!

So somewhere, I am puzzled, but not enough to really look into it.
what makes people tick.

I mean, it is funny when people who blaze into a topic with their minds made up complain about people having their minds made up before entering a discussion! :D

It was some surreal experience, which I obscured some for brevity and the general amusement .

OH, she had my email wrong, so somewhere there is a poor sap who just got bombarded with a bunch of accusations out of the blue, by a complete stranger!
:rolleyes:

We reach a lot of our conclusions dogmatically rather than intellectually.

And then argue those emotionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions