Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
As I sit here with needles in my knee, after a long hard forced march yesterday (shopping with mrs xue and the littlest xue), where I was told to go sit in the car if my knee hurt so much

Morning MT
Why would they leave you to sit in the car? This is July! There is an all-out directive not to leave your dogs and children in the car.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
it was night, it was New Hampshire, it was in the high 70s, i have air conditioning, and besides it wasn't July then, it was June 29th
No. It can't possibly be New Hampshire. New Hampshire is only about a thousand miles from where we live. And you said 27,000. So... not buying it.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, the people who design bicycle seats seats need to be keelhauled.

I love the pic and the one you posted the other day of the bike at dusk. Really nice shot.
I used to take cycling classes but had to quit - my bum just couldn't take the torture. Was reminded of that back in April when we did the karaoke cyclo-thon.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
a couple of days ago, a 'friend' ripped me a new one, because before Easter I had a discussion with another person in a group setting.
the topic was the constant disagreeable behavior of yet another person (confused yet?)
the person I got into a tiff with ended up defending the mean behavior of this individual, insulting everybody else in the round, along the lines of 'she is like me' and nobody but her had common sense...and it got worse from there.

So, the attempts to shut her up the nice way failed, so, yours truly got more clear (And if you have visited the Study of old, you know I can be pretty clear!), and considering her support of ultra extreme political views, I called her that appropriate moniker by comparison.

Anyway
the group decided to part ways with her, and 2 months later said friend messages me in a huff, because I called her a bad name. Said 'friend' spends her free time aggravating people with the above mentioned extreme values, and reports them to FB.
She send me 3 emails with the complaints and I suppose the link, because I had not found it even though I actually did search. I remember I wasn't feeling like I was in the wrong, and after re-reading the content, this has been affirmed, sorry not sorry.

I did not open the emails. I didn't feel like messing with it.
Didn't even read the majority of the private messages either, like fort line, last line, hey, I am done with this topic!

So somewhere, I am puzzled, but not enough to really look into it.
what makes people tick.

I mean, it is funny when people who blaze into a topic with their minds made up complain about people having their minds made up before entering a discussion! :D

It was some surreal experience, which I obscured some for brevity and the general amusement .

OH, she had my email wrong, so somewhere there is a poor sap who just got bombarded with a bunch of accusations out of the blue, by a complete stranger!
:rolleyes:
Yeah, I feel bad for the poor person who might have gotten those insane e-mails. I would just block this "friend" across all social media channels - they pretty much all have that option now. And have her e-mails automatically routed to the junk folder. There is no arguing with people like that. There is no reforming them. They will just keep at it and then wonder why they have no friends.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
No. It can't possibly be New Hampshire. New Hampshire is only about a thousand miles from where we live. And you said 27,000. So... not buying it.

Yeah. 1000 miles as the crow flies, and I ain't no crow...but it is a little closer to you than where I live now...its only 14,562 miles from you

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, I feel bad for the poor person who might have gotten those insane e-mails. I would just block this "friend" across all social media channels - they pretty much all have that option now. And have her e-mails automatically routed to the junk folder. There is no arguing with people like that. There is no reforming them. They will just keep at it and then wonder why they have no friends.
after I told her twice I was done with the topic she left it alone.
I try to be adult (and boy, does that suck most of the time) and just scroll past.
Having the attention span of a gnat does help tho, not reading more than a paragraph or two, tops.

But yeah, I am considering to email this poor person an apology, since obviously the messages went through, or she would have noticed she had the wrong addy! :D
I have a fairly common name. My husband is one of at least 5 of the name (front, middle initial and last) at his last place of employment alone, no telling how many in the county!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions