All weight is underside
Reaction score
Poor xue
15259743.jpg

HEY!!!! I ain't NOBODIES Pigeon....dang kids...NO respect :D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have to give you big mahalos for yesterday. I was really looking for an excuse to not work out. But your post got so under my skin I ended up working out like a banshee. Then ran all errands, and worked out some more. Heck, I was even working out, squeezing in last sets of planks and what not all the way up until bedtime. So, thanks, bro. :)

I'm headed to Boston in a couple months. Too bad it wasn't at the same time, I would have corrupted you badly. There probably would have been wanted posters.
Seriously @Buka , @gpseymour and I are desperately trying to figure out how we can finagle a trip to visit you in Hawaii. Neither one of us had ever been.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
tenor.gif

I NEED to do taijiquan.......stupid knee
Do it in a chair.

Not joking. One of my training partners had knee surgery. She trained... in a chair... while recovering. Posture, arms, much of the body alignment... just not standing on the knee.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Seriously @Buka , @gpseymour and I are desperately trying to figure out how we can finagle a trip to visit you in Hawaii. Neither one of us had ever been.

I'm going to have to look into this. The problem with vacationing here is obviously how damn expensive it is. A nice hotel is terrific, all you have to do is deposit an arm and a leg at the front desk. Then drop of a few more when you check out.

Condos and bed and breakfasts are the way to go. I haven't really looked into them in years. The key is having a place to cook your meals, so you don't have to eat out. The next big expense is a rental car. Gotta' have it. And you need to use one of the major companies. If you use one of the small fly-by-night ones - you're just renting trouble. You can get away without the rental car, but then you can't really go anywhere and that's no way to see Maui for the first time. There is some public transportation, minimal, but I wouldn't wish that on anybody. I mean, it's fine when you're eighteen and don't give a damn about anything, especially riding with crazy people, but that's about it.

Let me do some research, talk to some folks. My buddy Eddie at work travels all over the world, his gal works for an airline so they fly nearly free. But he knows about what to look for as far as cost and where/how to stay places. I'm pretty sure there's no magic panacea, but he probably knows the best way.

I wish it was the nineties. Back then we rented a house with a spare bedroom and bath, everyone used to stay with us. Now we live in an 800 square foot box that doesn't even have room for a kitchen table or couch. No complaints, mind you, we love it. Best thing about it is it keeps the wife's relatives away. :)

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I get Migraines, and when I get 1 I am generally going to have 2 more within a week, I tend to go partially blind, an they hurt, but they are nothing like that. I hope you never have another. But if I am around Mrs Xue when they start, she puts needles in my head and I skip the blindness, the pain and go directly to the logy, tired bits.
I had not thought about it for a very long time until this post. It makes me appreciate that they never happened again. I still have zero clue what happened or caused them.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am having a bizarre conversation with a 'friend' on FB, over something I said responding to another person, on FB, 2, maybe 3 months ago, which I can't look up (I tried) and don't feel any guilt about. At all!
might be down to 93 friends by tonight. Oh well.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Amazon sucks. The company got too big and now has NO quality control.

God, I so hate Bezos.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Amazon sucks. The company got too big and now has NO quality control.

God, I so hate Bezos.
Hmm. so far my dealings with Amazon have been great, in terms of return service, etc.
Unlike that big box chain which shall be unnamed, the warranty service bought through Amazon was tops. With Walmart is always was a dang struggle!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Do it in a chair.

Not joking. One of my training partners had knee surgery. She trained... in a chair... while recovering. Posture, arms, much of the body alignment... just not standing on the knee.

I actually did the entire sun style short form, while sitting on the table, waiting for the MD to give me a cortisone shot in the hip

But I want the stepping too..... stupid knee

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just cannot get over this cold.... has been 3-4 weeks now, it goes away for a few days, then just comes back full force, dunno what is goin on!

May be some deeper blockages happening or stuff being released, but in the meantime I've ordered a greens supplement just to help out on that front... at least for the winter!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanna hear all about it if you do catch up!!
I just want to show up in one of Buka's future stories, when people ask about some MA thing or other, and his story starts with, "Yeah, once when Gerry Seymour was visiting..."

That's my kind of immortality, right there.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hmm. so far my dealings with Amazon have been great, in terms of return service, etc.
Unlike that big box chain which shall be unnamed, the warranty service bought through Amazon was tops. With Walmart is always was a dang struggle!

It's my location. I lived here in the nineties and there was no trouble ordering from Amazon, none whatsoever, I did it all the time. But now.......half the stuff I want isn't available for shipping here any more, and half the stuff that is will get here.....but it's the wrong fricken' product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions