Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well... I didn't want to say, because then everyone would get jealous....but I did get a smiley face sticker and a lollypop
One time, I had a really complicated blood test done. It required nine test tubes of blood - and you had to have been fasting. By the time they were done, I felt like Dracula had had his way with me. Didn't eve buy me a drink.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Something I started at work. Just because.
51078318_2206124442742642_8404502067644727296_n.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You know, when someone takes all the money from your budget for IT purchasing.... and then gives you a new procedure to follow to purchase equipment....and then when you follow that procedure they ask you where the money is coming from to purchase this......I think my response was justified when I said...."why am I talking to you then"...and I hung up... and it took 8 months to get to this point.........

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You know, when someone takes all the money from your budget for IT purchasing.... and then gives you a new procedure to follow to purchase equipment....and then when you follow that procedure they ask you where the money is coming from to purchase this......I think my response was justified when I said...."why am I talking to you then"...and I hung up... and it took 8 months to get to this point.........
"I have then sent you the bill"

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Found out today... got a new job! Working as a barista at a really beautiful place, a real community and faith driven cafe which is a not for profit that gives all profits back to the community. Had a trial last week, and what I thought was an interview today, but turns out I'd already gotten it. They felt like I fit right in and were very impressed. Really excited :). Only one day at this stage but will get called in when needed, which suits me just fine after my foot rehabbing and after everything else this will be good to ease back into things.

That and I may potentially be in the music team (on keys) at a new church I'd been frequenting over the last month or so, which would be such a blessing..

Have had such a drive of late to get involved more in the community and with people (which is a super duper 180° compared with the past), so I'm learning to follow that little voice :)

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, say you're working at Delta...with Coca-Cola..... and in this day and age of Sexual Harassment cases and Sexual predators getting arrested and charged...you think..."BINGO!!! I have a GREAT idea to make the flights of our airline passengers more relaxed and comfortable....lets make a special napkin and give them out with drinks"

Delta+Creepy+Napkin.JPG

Just what you want to have given to you on a long cross country flight in a confined space with nowhere to run
This is one of those things where you have to think, "This had to be suggested by someone, to someone else, who took it for approvaly - probably to a committee - where other people then had to design it, and someone had to sign off on the final design before printing. And none of those people happened to think, "Maybe this isn't a good idea."

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in the sheep class you only get one free adult beverage with dinner....
And cheap airlines don't even give you that much!
I don't think major airlines even give you that, unless it's an overseas flight. Heck, dinner is a rare commodity on domestic flights.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don't think major airlines even give you that, unless it's an overseas flight. Heck, dinner is a rare commodity on domestic flights.

Flew SAS to Norway, and I would recommend SAS to anyone, the food was AWESOME, the seats were large and actually comfortable. But the drinks were not free. Have never been on a flight where they were free, not even the 21 hour trip to China

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Flew SAS to Norway, and I would recommend SAS to anyone, the food was AWESOME, the seats were large and actually comfortable. But the drinks were not free. Have never been on a flight where they were free, not even the 21 hour trip to China
Never fly United....
I might have to consider SAS, the hopping on a plane from Norway to were I want to be - or train.
But Delta, American....they give you (last time I flew) one free drink with dinner over the atlantic.
(We just watched those old airplane movies, Terror in the Sky, etc....glory days of flying! open bar, top service - if you didn't mind the odd disaster here and there...)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Never fly United....
I might have to consider SAS, the hopping on a plane from Norway to were I want to be - or train.
But Delta, American....they give you (last time I flew) one free drink with dinner over the atlantic.
(We just watched those old airplane movies, Terror in the Sky, etc....glory days of flying! open bar, top service - if you didn't mind the odd disaster here and there...)

Flew SAS from NY to Norway. It appeared to be one of the only direct flights. All other flights went to Copenhagen first and then to you destination. Which was rather strange since it went from NY to Copenhagen to Iceland or NY to Copenhagen to England or NY to Copenhagen to Greenland or NY to Copenhagen to Sweden...so, in some cases, you flew past where you wanted to go to fly back to where you wanted to go.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're always free in business/first class. I used to fly first a lot, because I had enough status with US Air to get automatic upgrades on almost every flight. When I went to India last year, we required the client fly us business class. The seats were amazing - actually folded flat into a reasonable (if small) bed, complete with sheets and comforter. And, of course, free drinks.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
They're always free in business/first class. I used to fly first a lot, because I had enough status with US Air to get automatic upgrades on almost every flight. When I went to India last year, we required the client fly us business class. The seats were amazing - actually folded flat into a reasonable (if small) bed, complete with sheets and comforter. And, of course, free drinks.

Show off :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions