Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had my first training session today for some new volunteer work. I'm working with the local sheriff's office, initially helping with security screening at the courthouse. Not highly demanding work, but I'm looking forward to learning some new stuff. Using the x-ray screening machine is kinda fun.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am totally stoked.
Saturday I went to the yarn store to grab a couple of things. I didn't expect for a large selection of what I am currently using (fine yarns for small stuff, and skinny needles and maybe a replacement for the needles I keep losing)
The lady had a small bin of fine yarns, she said that don't sell well for her. The trend right now is super bulky stuff
I grabbed a couple of skeins, being conservative, and a set of needles I thought I ought to have, but misplaced.

When I got home, I got to think about it. She sold me the balls I got at a great discount, and was looking to unload the rest.
So today (she is closed Sundays and Mondays) and bought every one of the lace weight yarns she had.
She gave me an even bigger discount than on Saturday! We are talking nice stuff! Baby Alpaca, extra fine lamb, Yak....stuff that goes for much more than I paid!
And some other stuff that I got at a 70% discount. Now I need to find patterns to knit it up!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had my first training session today for some new volunteer work. I'm working with the local sheriff's office, initially helping with security screening at the courthouse. Not highly demanding work, but I'm looking forward to learning some new stuff. Using the x-ray screening machine is kinda fun.

Oh cool, great stuff sounds like fun :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am totally stoked.
Saturday I went to the yarn store to grab a couple of things. I didn't expect for a large selection of what I am currently using (fine yarns for small stuff, and skinny needles and maybe a replacement for the needles I keep losing)
The lady had a small bin of fine yarns, she said that don't sell well for her. The trend right now is super bulky stuff
I grabbed a couple of skeins, being conservative, and a set of needles I thought I ought to have, but misplaced.

When I got home, I got to think about it. She sold me the balls I got at a great discount, and was looking to unload the rest.
So today (she is closed Sundays and Mondays) and bought every one of the lace weight yarns she had.
She gave me an even bigger discount than on Saturday! We are talking nice stuff! Baby Alpaca, extra fine lamb, Yak....stuff that goes for much more than I paid!
And some other stuff that I got at a 70% discount. Now I need to find patterns to knit it up!
It's always nice when what we want is no longer as popular, so we get a bargain - and get to claim hipster cred for not doing the "in" thing. :cool:

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's always nice when what we want is no longer as popular, so we get a bargain - and get to claim hipster cred for not doing the "in" thing. :cool:
Or atleast until they decide to stop selling it.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am totally stoked.

I don't knit but I love those floofy yarns! I could just like pick them up and pet them like cats and dogs.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Surfacing for air between radiology reports. I am still alive. I've taken on someone else's task because the person responsible for it was incapable of keeping up with it. I am also revamping my web site (it's HARD and @gpseymour is supervising) and working on a really tough translation.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Imagine the drumsticks from one of those....

Yup

I was security at a college then and the farm was right next door and I had a plan...if one of them came running through the campus.....call the sheriff's dept. and start with..".you will never believe what I just saw". Because there was no way I was going to attempt to apprehend an ostrich.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yup

I was security at a college then and the farm was right next door and I had a plan...if one of them came running through the campus.....call the sheriff's dept. and start with..".you will never believe what I just saw". Because there was no way I was going to attempt to apprehend an ostrich.
Nope. they can lay you wide open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions