Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Found out today... got a new job! Working as a barista at a really beautiful place, a real community and faith driven cafe which is a not for profit that gives all profits back to the community. Had a trial last week, and what I thought was an interview today, but turns out I'd already gotten it. They felt like I fit right in and were very impressed. Really excited :). Only one day at this stage but will get called in when needed, which suits me just fine after my foot rehabbing and after everything else this will be good to ease back into things.

That and I may potentially be in the music team (on keys) at a new church I'd been frequenting over the last month or so, which would be such a blessing..

Have had such a drive of late to get involved more in the community and with people (which is a super duper 180° compared with the past), so I'm learning to follow that little voice :)
Congratulations! Well done and best of luck!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is so darn nice, and what beautiful pictures too! Very thoughtful :)
It's fun. We are going through this big transition, and people are stressed. Everyone is snappy. You know? Something to help people not be so stressed. Besides, I sketch all the time - I have sketch books and binders, like stacks of them. So, it's something I can do fairly easily. Plus, we've been having such crappy weather lately (aside from three days of summer), people like pictures of the beach.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. You know you can't actually open the door while the plane is pressurized, right?
I always chuckle when I see reports of people freaking out because some drunk tries to open the door. It's literally impossible.
I'm persistent and stubborn. Some might even say intransigent...

Telling me "impossible" sounds a lot like "make it happen anyway!" :D

(To the FBI and NSA sorts who are undoubtedly monitoring me for oh-so-many reasons... JOKING!!! Just joking. I have less than zero intent to disrupt the orderly operation of an airline. Of course, I'd have to see an airline operate orderly to be disruptive...)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

(To the FBI and NSA sorts who are undoubtedly monitoring me for oh-so-many reasons... JOKING!!! Just joking. I have less than zero intent to disrupt the orderly operation of an airline. Of course, I'd have to see an airline operate orderly to be disruptive...)

Good luck with that. Do the math for how much pressure is holding that door closed at 30,000 feet.

Now, you could do it at lower altitudes, of course. Planes are (so I've been told) pressured at about 8000 feet normally. So the closer the altitude is to the internal pressure, the more possible it will become.

Of course, even if you could open it at 30,000 feet, you're going to need more than just a simple parachute if you hope to survive.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My oft-used version of that is, "That sounds like a challenge."

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think my fiancee is secretly trying to make go broke through Broadway shows. I cant figure out why though

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Nice day so far. Got about 6" of snow, and while I was shoveling the driveway, my St, Bernard was having a field day, romping around like a puppy.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice day so far. Got about 6" of snow, and while I was shoveling the driveway, my St, Bernard was having a field day, romping around like a puppy.
Our half-a-newfie is like that, too. He's getting old, but still turns into a puppy when there's any amount of snow.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
She's building her story for selling her "Recovery from Broadway Addiction" DVD series.
That series will actually be for one of her former friends from college. She may actually be broke from going to them, plus she managed to get herself a letter specifically requesting that she no longer goes to Broadway shows. I have no idea how you manage that

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
9 day's into the new month...Gerry's already got 1&1/2 times the number of posts as the guy in second (@Dirty Dog ), and almost three times the posts of the guy in third (me). None of us will ever beat him out for poster of the month

Last edited:
OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That series will actually be for one of her former friends from college. She may actually be broke from going to them, plus she managed to get herself a letter specifically requesting that she no longer goes to Broadway shows. I have no idea how you manage that
I can think of ways... but they generally doing things that make you unwelcome to be on the property...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
9 day's into the new month...Gerry's already got 1&1/2 times the number of posts as the guy in second (@Dirty Dog ), and almost three times the posts of the guy in third (me). None of us will ever beat him out for poster of the month

But none will mach the greatness of @terryl965...MT's greatest of all...the one, the only...."Post Whore Extraordinaire"..who had over 41,000 posts....and that is after the might Bob did an update that deleted a bunch too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions