Not open for further replies.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hand Sword said:
I've seen those situations happen. Hopefully none of us have to get into them (or again for some us ) to prove anything. There are no winners there, just survivors.

That is my point. Survivors.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BlackSheep said:
Jocks naturally gravitate to the sporting martial arts. Wimps naturally gravitate to martial arts which are long on kata and short on competing.

Wimps will argue with the jocks on the web about which martial arts are the best but the wimps will never face the jocks in a NHB match to prove their argument. This is because deep down the wimps know they will lose to the jocks and lose big time.

Sounds like a challenge here to me?

Is this a challenge?

If it is not a challenge then it sounds like you are one of the wimps to me, talking out of both sides of his mouth. Arguing about it on the internet. ;) :D

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BlackSheep said:
Jocks naturally gravitate to the sporting martial arts. Wimps naturally gravitate to martial arts which are long on kata and short on competing.

Wimps will argue with the jocks on the web about which martial arts are the best but the wimps will never face the jocks in a NHB match to prove their argument. This is because deep down the wimps know they will lose to the jocks and lose big time.

You make this post.

Then you accuse me of making a challenge but I think you are.

Yet in this Thread you speak of the person making the claim has the burden of proof.

So I request that you prove your statments in your first post.

Thank you

OP
B

BlackSheep

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like a challenge here to me?

Is this a challenge?
The challenge has been around since UFC#1.

Why aren’t the aikido and tai chi guys cleaning house? Why is it, that kick boxers, wrestlers and BJJ are the ones cleaning house?

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BlackSheep said:

Why aren’t the aikido and tai chi guys cleaning house? Why is it, that kick boxers, wrestlers and BJJ are the ones cleaning house?

Why did they turn down FMA as part of the UFC?

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
You make this post.

Then you accuse me of making a challenge but I think you are.

Yet in this Thread you speak of the person making the claim has the burden of proof.

So I request that you prove your statments in your first post.

Thank you

You still have not shown proff as you demanded of others. So your rules for others do not apply to yourself?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BlackSheep said:

Clean house? CLEAN HOUSE??

Whose house y'all cleaning? Give me some good references and I'll think about hiring ya for housekeepers.

Edmund BlackAdder

<B>Rabid Wolverine</B>
Reaction score
I stand between the Dorkness and the Not Bright
BlackSheep said:

Why aren&#8217;t the aikido and tai chi guys cleaning house? Why is it, that kick boxers, wrestlers and BJJ are the ones cleaning house?
If the "sportsmen" could hang without the rule book and safety net I might be more impressed. Again though, I don't see many of them joining up and asking for frontline duty. Maybe they are the "wimps", nice and safe at home, cuddling in their little safety cage while the real men are risking life and limb in real war.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BlackSheep said:
You are suggesting an illegal test which will never happen, so you will never have to prove your point.

In a rather extreme example, I think he has a point.

Would you fight in point fighting? Grappling? Boxing? How about Full Muay Thai? Or maybe MMA? What about under the older Vale Tudo rules? Toss in some sticks?

Everyone has a limit to what rules they'd compete under, different people have different rules. Challenges make no sense because of that.

Let's say I get challenged by a WTF fighter, even a moderate level one. Under his rules I'll get my but kicked. Under Boxing rules? Well I'll probably do the but kicking. Under MMA Rules? Probably me. Point fighting? I'd bet on him as what he does is closer and it's been a long time since I did anything even close.

You're right in a way, the challenge is meaningless as a fight under those rules would never take place, even if the law had nothing to do with it. But it works the other way too, a fight under less dangerous rules would not take place either.

Is a Tae Kwon Do fighter challenging Chuck Liddel to a TKD match going to happen? What's in it for him? Those aren't his rules, that's not how he trains. Is him challenging the TKD fighter in MMA going to happen? Nope. Same reasons.

Gracie's made this famous, challenging top boxers to a no rules fight. It was never going to happen, they knew that, but they did it to sell thier art. And it worked.

Edmund BlackAdder

<B>Rabid Wolverine</B>
Reaction score
BlackSheep said:
My proof is the results from MMA/NHB competition.
Sports Entertainment is not Proof!

So they can win in a match that doesn't allow eye gouges, blades, impact weapons, small joint manipulations, that get stopped when bones break, or people pass out from lack of o2 to their peanut brains.

Yup. Thats "real". Just like WWE Pillow fights are "real".

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dude, is this guy serious?

UFC, K-1, Sportfight, Team Quest, all of those are rigorous, tough, demanding sports. Takes a tough guy or gal to get in there and do that. But they're sports, with rules. Anybody who defines their manhood by their participation in a sport is missing the big picture.

Royce Gracie is a scary man. Quite possibly one of the toughest men alive.

But any broadway dancer has better wind. Any college linebacker is stronger. Any drunk moron behind the wheel can kill him.

It's about the total package, Sheep. You may be able to whip my ***. You may not. How many people's lives are better today because you're walking the earth? How much better will the world be because of you once you're gone?

Ain't nothin' else that matters, son. Nothin' else at all.

Edmund BlackAdder

<B>Rabid Wolverine</B>
Reaction score
bushidomartialarts said:
Dude, is this guy serious?

UFC, K-1, Sportfight, Team Quest, all of those are rigorous, tough, demanding sports. Takes a tough guy or gal to get in there and do that. But they're sports, with rules. Anybody who defines their manhood by their participation in a sport is missing the big picture.

Royce Gracie is a scary man. Quite possibly one of the toughest men alive.

But any broadway dancer has better wind. Any college linebacker is stronger. Any drunk moron behind the wheel can kill him.

It's about the total package, Sheep. You may be able to whip my ***. You may not. How many people's lives are better today because you're walking the earth? How much better will the world be because of you once you're gone?

Ain't nothin' else that matters, son. Nothin' else at all.
:cheers:

I'm buying a lot of rounds today it seems. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions