Jocks vs. wimps

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackSheep

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Jocks naturally gravitate to the sporting martial arts. Wimps naturally gravitate to martial arts which are long on kata and short on competing.

Wimps will argue with the jocks on the web about which martial arts are the best but the wimps will never face the jocks in a NHB match to prove their argument. This is because deep down the wimps know they will lose to the jocks and lose big time.

Edmund BlackAdder

<B>Rabid Wolverine</B>
Reaction score
I stand between the Dorkness and the Not Bright
Is that because jocks can't handle real martial arts and must limit themselves to the rules limited ones?

I'm more of the opinion that real martial artists spend their time training, not trying to prove how "smart" they "is" on this here "interweb" thing. Then again, there are entire sites dedicated to the angsty wannabe who thinks his UFC-fu will save his lame *** in a real street fight. Us wimps make sure we stay away from those morons, and actually hope they do try for a submission when we roll. Makes it easier for us to stick em good with our blades. :rofl:

Your argument is that if one doesn't compete, one is somehow a wimp.
I say if one only trains to compete, one may hold trophies and medals, but be ill prepared for a real fight. Having talked to a number of real-deal people like Hoch Hochheim and Mark Hatmaker I tend to have a low opinion of the "sports only, lets get in the ring and see who's a real man" morons. Personally, I think they, and the whole "pressure test your art" crowd suffer from some serious problems.

They should be like the French and "Run Away!"

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BlackSheep said:
Jocks naturally gravitate to the sporting martial arts. Wimps naturally gravitate to martial arts which are long on kata and short on competing.

Wimps will argue with the jocks on the web about which martial arts are the best but the wimps will never face the jocks in a NHB match to prove their argument. This is because deep down the wimps know they will lose to the jocks and lose big time.

My reply:
*** remember all in fun as the original poster stated ***

So if I bring a knife to your contest, what does that make me?

The guy going to jail?

The guy who scare the little kids rolling on the ground when they should just get a room?

What if the Jock shows up and can't spell his own name on the entrance form ** Too many hits to the head or lack of oxygen form too many choke outs **, and loses based on a technicality as no one knows who he is?

What if the Geek shows up with his squad of Jocks he now hires to deal with the other jocks, as he is too busy making money off of selling products and sports drinks to the Jocks.

Who in the end would really win?

Who in the end would really care?

I mean if everyone is having fun just like we are here in this thread, then do we not all win? ;)

A reply:
If you are a jock, the other jocks will dis your for being unmanly (real men don’t need knives).

If you are a geek, one of the jocks will take your knife away and give you a wedgy.

If you are a street punk, this geek will shoot you.

Hmmm As I do not study any of the arts with Kata as you mentioned in another post.

As I am not a Jock.

As I am not a student of any of the arts you listed.

I reply with the following:

Real Men do not need a knife. That is true they carry multiple knives and also know how to use them. Do you?

I am a Geek, but challenge for any Jock to try to give me a Wedgie. None could give me one. Then or now. I do not play by rules.

As to street punks. When we sit down with a beer and you explain the number fo times you have a gun pointed at your head, by someone who actually meant to hurt you, then we can talk. Until then I will make the same comments. It takes any weakling whois unafraid to get close and dirty to pull a 7 lbs trigger and not see what he has done. Yet, If you take that knife and walk up to them and stick it in to them, and wiggle it around looking for alla the good stuff, and then breath in their last breath. Then you are a real man. :) ;) :lol:

**** remember all in fun. Right? ****

No hard feelings? Not hurt egos? No issues. Jsut people commenting to have fun about a simple discussion. Right?

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
I get both of your arguments. There is truth to what both of you are saying. I'll add this to the mix, all martial arts are legitimate. Both the "real" people and "fake" people are ill prepared for the real thing. This is simply because things almost never go the way you train for. Also, when the wimps are confronted by those morons they usually do get rolled. This will happen because you can't always run away. The predators choose when, where, and how, when it's for real!

OP
B

BlackSheep

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Edmund BlackAdder said:
Us wimps make sure we stay away from those morons, and actually hope they do try for a submission when we roll. Makes it easier for us to stick em good with our blades.
The “I’m too deadly to compete argument”.

Thanks for the example of how wimps argue but but are too afraid to fight.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wimps also do MMA

Jocks also do Traditional styles.

Blanket statements rarly survive in tact passed 2 replies on a good day before getting kicked in the groin, curb stomped and having their "bling bling" stolen and pawned for something more useful, like a case of beer and bottle of Rum.

Edmund BlackAdder

<B>Rabid Wolverine</B>
Reaction score
BlackSheep said:

Some of us have nothing to prove, content that what we do does work. We feel no need to seek out confrontations simply to prove we are top dick. We also have the nasty habit of having a low opinion of the Neanderthals who feel they must do that. We don't fantasize that we are somehow "real warriors" because we can get in a ring and beat someone up withing the specific rules of the confrontation. You want some real NHB stuff? Enlist and demand deployment into a warzone. Lets see you arm-bar someone carrying an AK-47 and cry "foul" when his buddies beat the **** outta you with clubs.

Sorry sheep. I'm not afraid to fight. I just find it rather pointless since I am confident about my own place in life and feel no need to either harm nor be harmed by some kid who thinks the UFC is "real" and the guy in the fancy PJ's is Mr. Miagi.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Edmund BlackAdder said:
Some of us have nothing to prove, content that what we do does work. We feel no need to seek out confrontations simply to prove we are top dick. We also have the nasty habit of having a low opinion of the Neanderthals who feel they must do that. We don't fantasize that we are somehow "real warriors" because we can get in a ring and beat someone up withing the specific rules of the confrontation. You want some real NHB stuff? Enlist and demand deployment into a warzone. Lets see you arm-bar someone carrying an AK-47 and cry "foul" when his buddies beat the **** outta you with clubs.

Sorry sheep. I'm not afraid to fight. I just find it rather pointless since I am confident about my own place in life and feel no need to either harm nor be harmed by some kid who thinks the UFC is "real" and the guy in the fancy PJ's is Mr. Miagi.

Mr. Blackadder, you the man!

OP
B

BlackSheep

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
I am a Geek, but challenge for any Jock to try to give me a Wedgie. None could give me one. Then or now.
That sounds like a challenge.

Rich Parsons said:
I do not play by rules
That sounds like a way to weasel out of the challenge match which you issued.

Edmund BlackAdder

<B>Rabid Wolverine</B>
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
Mr. Blackadder, you the man!
I just have issues
with people who think that just because someone doesn't "do" things their way, that they are somehow inferior. There are forums out there that "get stuff all over themselves" debating this drivel, on how they are "real" and the other guy is so fake, wimpy, whatever. If they get off on that kind of bull, fine. I just prefer the higher evolved life forms that frequent sites like this. I'd love to read more on the concepts, ideas and such of MMA, but this childish dick waggling really seems rather below the high standards this site's based on. Pity the mudpit mentality keeps creeping in. Maybe we can all start getting together and wacking each other to see if we're "real". :rofl:

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BlackSheep said:

Nope Not Too Deadly at all. You can have a real blade as well.

What you not willing to meet me at my game? Probably not.

Ok how about a stick less deadly but still can cause lots of damamge. Is that ok? Once again Probably not.

So now I have to come to your game and play your way. Sorry I do not play that way. I will take you empty handed as well. If you give me the wedgie then fine no problem. But if I poke you in the eye, or break a finger, ** Which is not allowed in any of your Jock arts you listed **, then do not complain. For you see that is how I train. well ok I do not break fingers for real but I really twist them until people stop, so if you do not stop then it might just get broke. Then again the hypethetical jock could give me that wedgie or knock me out.

I am not the fastest.

I am not strongest.

I am not the best.

I am just a geek. Bullies and Jocks tried to puch me around from day one. I always thought a fair fight was four of them and one of me. Why? If less then four they could not trap me or take me to the ground, and I could always hurt them just enough to get away. At more then four, I always hurt one real bad and they spent a lot of time in the hospital recovering. At four, I would get hit, they would get hit, and they would get hurt but not real bad, maybe just a trip to the hospital for them, but nothing too serious.

Just a geek that learned on the streets of hard knocks, who just wishes that people would talk about what really matters:

Train hard. Train with those you like so as to enjoy it. It is not the art but the heart put into the conflict that will determine the result.

So maybe I should be put into the Wimp group as Geks are wimps and get wedgies. But jocks make lots of money in sports. Even if thsoe are few and far between compared to the geek types who make more on average. Keep dreaming that just because the art you train in makes you the baddest on the street. It does not.

Peace

OP
B

BlackSheep

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Some of us have nothing to prove, content that what we do does work.
If you have nothing to prove then why do you argue the point so vigorously?

Is it because the web is so much safer than the ring?

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BlackSheep said:
That sounds like a challenge.

That sounds like a way to weasel out of the challenge match which you issued.

I issued no challenge. A challenge of any type is against the rules of MArtial Talk. If you wish to show up and see what I have. Cool! :) No challenge.

As to weaseling out, well I am not the one making the claims that MMA is the end all just because I train in it.

It does sound like you are just out to try to get a fight. Not my goal. But always looking to train, yet it dos sound like you are issuing challenges with these types of threads.

Edmund BlackAdder

<B>Rabid Wolverine</B>
Reaction score
BlackSheep said:
If you have nothing to prove then why do you argue the point so vigorously?

Is it because the web is so much safer than the ring?
I'm bored? But, again, you continue to push the falsehood that "the ring" is somehow important. Do the "ring" stuff in the street. Go home in a bag. Then again, it might help the genepool if more people did that I think.

Edmund BlackAdder

<B>Rabid Wolverine</B>
Reaction score
Edmund BlackAdder said:
I'm bored? But, again, you continue to push the falsehood that "the ring" is somehow important. Do the "ring" stuff in the street. Go home in a bag. Then again, it might help the genepool if more people did that I think.
Percy: I must say, Edmund, it was jolly nice of you to ask me to share your
breakfast before the rigours of the day begin.

Edmund: Well, it is said, Percy, that civilised man seeks out good and
intelligent company, so that, through learned discourse, he may
rise above the savage and closer to God.

Percy: Yes, I've heard that.

Edmund: Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead
to remind me I'm best.

OP
B

BlackSheep

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Nope Not Too Deadly at all. You can have a real blade as well.
You are suggesting an illegal test which will never happen, so you will never have to prove your point.

How convenient for you.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BlackSheep said:
You are suggesting an illegal test which will never happen, so you will never have to prove your point.

MMA and NHB contests are now illegal in a lot of areas as well...

Edmund BlackAdder

<B>Rabid Wolverine</B>
Reaction score
Gentlemen-Rankers by Rudyard Kipling, 1892

To the legion of the lost ones, to the cohort of the damned,
To my brethren in their sorrow overseas,
Sings a gentleman of England cleanly bred, machinely crammed,
And a trooper of the Empress, if you please.
Yea, a trooper of the forces who has run his own six horses,
And faith he went the pace and went it blind,
And the world was more than kin while he held the ready tin,
But to-day the Sergeant's something less than kind.
We're poor little lambs who've lost our way, Baa! Baa! Baa!
We're little black sheep who've gone astray, Baa--aa--aa!
Gentlemen-rankers out on the spree,
Damned from here to Eternity,
God ha' mercy on such as we, Baa! Yah! Bah!

Oh, it's sweet to sweat through stables, sweet to empty kitchen slops,
And it's sweet to hear the tales the troopers tell,
To dance with blowzy housemaids at the regimental hops
And thrash the cad who says you waltz too well.
Yes, it makes you cock-a-hoop to be "Rider" to your troop,
And branded with a blasted worsted spur,
When you envy, O how keenly, one poor Tommy being cleanly
Who blacks your boots and sometimes calls you "Sir".

If the home we never write to, and the oaths we never keep,
And all we know most distant and most dear,
Across the snoring barrack-room return to break our sleep,
Can you blame us if we soak ourselves in beer?
When the drunken comrade mutters and the great guard-lantern gutters
And the horror of our fall is written plain,
Every secret, self-revealing on the aching white-washed ceiling,
Do you wonder that we drug ourselves from pain?

We have done with Hope and Honour, we are lost to Love and Truth,
We are dropping down the ladder rung by rung,
And the measure of our torment is the measure of our youth.
God help us, for we knew the worst too young!
Our shame is clean repentance for the crime that brought the sentence,
Our pride it is to know no spur of pride,
And the Curse of Reuben holds us till an alien turf enfolds us
And we die, and none can tell Them where we died.
We're poor little lambs who've lost our way, Baa! Baa! Baa!
We're little black sheep who've gone astray, Baa--aa--aa!
Gentlemen-rankers out on the spree,
Damned from here to Eternity,
God ha' mercy on such as we, Baa! Yah! Bah!

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BlackSheep said:

How convenient for you.

Nope I also stated an empty hand challenge would be against the rules here as well. As to laws, everything without special rules to avoid permanent damage and appropriate safety precautions are not legal.

So once again it seems like you are the one looking for a fight here.

How convenient of you to only quote part and put it toward your agenda. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions