Jocks vs. wimps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bushidomartialarts said:
there's the sense of humor i've been looking for in this thread. come join the BBQ. there's plenty of beer.

maybe we can thumbwrestle later.

:CTF:

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
All the fun aside. MMA stylists and other Stylists both have good points necessary to deal with the real thing "(which, I think, we were originally talking about?)

As I said, The predators decide where, when, and how something is going to go down. For them the sky is the limit! All we can do is respond to the stimuli. At that point, we can use all the qualities of both sides. A combination of the still mind from the other styles and the combat mindset of taking and dishing out punishment, and overall conditioning from the MMA's. The boxing/kick boxing skills a definite plus to anyone's arsenal, as well as grappling skills. Combine that with the open mindness of not playing by rules, and using "illegal" techniques, makes us all well rounded. Both of our worlds combined makes us more assault proof for real!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If my post is considered a flame, then some of my past ones must have been nukes.

OP
B

BlackSheep

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The humor is reaction from people whose cherished beliefs are threatened by reality.

And where are all the anonymously neg rep people?

I guess I shamed them to much on the other thread. LOL

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hand Sword said:
All the fun aside. MMA stylists and other Stylists both have good points necessary to deal with the real thing "(which, I think, we were originally talking about?)

As I said, The predators decide where, when, and how something is going to go down. For them the sky is the limit! All we can do is respond to the stimuli. At that point, we can use all the qualities of both sides. A combination of the still mind from the other styles and the combat mindset of taking and dishing out punishment, and overall conditioning from the MMA's. The boxing/kick boxing skills a definite plus to anyone's arsenal, as well as grappling skills. Combine that with the open mindness of not playing by rules, and using "illegal" techniques, makes us all well rounded. Both of our worlds combined makes us more assault proof for real!

Hence my thoughts of people trying to swing a stick at your head. Even though hands are just as bad, they do not seem quite as bad when it happens. Besides many people do not hit as hard as you get hit by accident with a stick.

Also, I have seen more golf clubs, tire irons, base ball bats, both wood and aluminum, hockey sticks and the occasional pool cue as well as other improvsied sticks used as weapons. This is or was my reality. So I choose to learn about it and deal with it.

Like I have state all over the place on this site, Search and you shall find, that I do not recommend it to anyone. The path I took that is. It is not the best nor the healthiest or the wisest for survival. Yet somehow I did as that was my ultimate goal.

Survival.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
funny how no one ever complains about anonymous positive rep...?

Oh well, if you have a problem with rep that has been given to you PM an admin and they will look into it for you.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BlackSheep said:
The humor is reaction from people whose cherished beliefs are threatened by reality.
mmmm ... that's easy to say and rarely true.

Dunno. *looks around*

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BlackSheep said:

I guess I shamed them to much on the other thread. LOL

Where is constructive data to support your views?

As you stated before you make the claim you need to back it up?

Thanks

OP
B

BlackSheep

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If my post is considered a flame, then some of my past ones must have been nukes.
You can read which threads are the ones, practically the whole thread. Do you want me to click on every post?

Go ahead and play this game if you want, I know you won’t do a thing about it.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BlackSheep said:
You can read which threads are the ones, practically the whole thread. Do you want me to click on every post?

Go ahead and play this game if you want, I know you won’t do a thing about it.

Very Nice.

Complain about being picked on and not willing to follow the rules.

Click on every post that is bothering you and it will be reviewed.

Do a search you will see that staff have retired and or been given vacations or sensored just like any other member.

PS: I was one of them so I believe me I know it will be done. As a matter of fact if you have the heart to follow this through, I would insist that the investigation was completed as the owner stated with out those already involved as per our policy.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bushidomartialarts said:
is he feeling picked on now? are the big boys not playing by the rules? what a wimp.

Not a wimp.

Hypocracy. Big difference for he still could get into a ring or octagon and play hard.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seriously, that's exactly what you need to do. Look at every post carefully and if you think it breaks the rules, then use that red triangle. You can report anybody, even the staff. I'm sure you'll report me and that's fine, but yes that is exactly the procedure.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator note:

Thread locked pending review, please feel free to RTM any posts you feel should be looked at.

Andrew Green / MMA Moderator

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The problem with this thread is that it is based on a false premise: That a failure to enter sports based competition and test yourself within a set selection of rules, somehow renders one inferior to the one who does. It was started after a similar thread was tossed for descending into several forum rules violations.

The starter of this topic is of course welcome to his opinion. We do however disagree with it, as apparently do many others here as evidenced by their friendly ribbing as well as more serious requests for backing of the original statement. Backing that did not arrive.

It is logical to assume that if one insists on a certain way as being correct, that one not only walks that path, but can back it up with independently verifiable evidence. When one does not do that, it is safe to assume that they will be called on it.

It is also logical to assume that when one starts a thread with the intent to promote a false premise, that they will be called on it. Demanding moderator intervention when one is losing a debate is poor form.

As is crying moderator favoritism when moderator actions do not go your way. We have over 25 moderators on this site. They come from every race, creed, gender and political leaning. They cover both traditional and non-traditional arts. The only bias is towards our rules, and running a friendly BS-free site.

As I also had previously indicated, on many many occasions: We do not read everything. Even if a mod is involved, do not assume they are there to moderate. Mods are members as well, and allowed to participate in this forum. As several have indicated, there is a simple and easy means to report a problematic post to our staff, where it will be reviewed and investigated by non-involved individuals and given the attention it deserves. I do however suggest you explain why it is a problem other than simply sending in a "Now Fix" or "See!" or "Fire!". 1 or 2 Reports is enough. More than that will only slow down the process, as well as risk you running into our RTM Abuse policy. Once you have reported it, it will be looked into. If you for whatever reason choose not to report it, you have no right to complain when nothing happens. It is the same as standing there crying "why doesn't anyone call the police!". I would rather see 3 different people report the same issue, than no one at all report it then complain "where are the mods". We are not babysitters, nursemaids or such. We are definitely not mind readers.

As to this topic, it can remain locked in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions