Is [your martial art] good for a "real fight"?

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, please state how contradictory it is. It is a statement about the levels of consciousness I experience after using a variety of mental, visual and physical training methods over a long period. Specific training methods which I can outline. Tho, I doubt anybody is interested in the mental and visual training.
Please elaborate on your mysterious training methods that you lean on. All I see you doing is a bunch of hot bragging about how tough and well trained and vetted in the streets you are. If you are what you say you are, tell me your teachers name. After all, even if they send 5 ninja gangs after you, you got this right? They been searching the mean streets for 50 years to find you right? I’m calling your cards, right here, right now. I’m quite willing to admit it, if I am wrong, but my bet is that you are just a faker troll. We see it all the time here. Go ahead, tell us who your teacher is, and where you trained, and your special methods.

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Please elaborate on your mysterious training methods that you lean on. All I see you doing is a bunch of hot bragging about how tough and well trained and vetted in the streets you are. If you are what you say you are, tell me your teachers name. After all, even if they send 5 ninja gangs after you, you got this right? They been searching the mean streets for 50 years to find you right? I’m calling your cards, right here, right now. I’m quite willing to admit it, if I am wrong, but my bet is that you are just a faker troll. We see it all the time here. Go ahead, tell us who your teacher is, and where you trained, and your special methods.

You either haven't read carefully or you're exaggerating. Although, I've give you this, you're the first person to ask directly. ...but no, I will not ID my instructor. I haven't said his name since 1976. You don't think you're gonna change my mind, do you?

However, I have no interest in proving anything to people that are disrespectful. You, or anybody else can say every word I put down is a lie. I'm fine with that.

I am uploading/posting a couple videos of nothing very serious, but an idea of what I do.

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Being experienced and even good street fighter doesn't equal being a good fighter iself. Im my teens and early 20's I was in dozens of street fights. More wins than loses without any martial arts training.
People "on the street" usually cannot fight and agression, determination, speed and surprise are enought to deal with average street jerks.
Any different level of consciousness are not necessary. Just turn your anger into violence and go ballistic.
Israeli military Krav Maga course is usually about 2-4 weeks for recruits. Mostly it is about how to be agressive and do not freeze motionless.
I've started boxing and bjj when 29 y.o. (now havent been boxing for many years).
Today when I am 47 I think I could beat 20 y.o. myself in 30 seconds hands down.

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Being experienced and even good street fighter doesn't equal being a good fighter. Im my teens and early 20's I was in dozens of street fights. More wins than loses without any martial arts training.
People "on the street" usually cannot fight and agression, determination, speed and surprise are enought to deal with average street jerks.
Any different level of consciousness are not necessary. Just turn your anger into violence and go ballistic.
Israeli military Krav Maga course is usually about 2-4 weeks for recruits. Mostly it is about how to be agressive and do not freeze motionless.
I've started boxing and bjj when 29 y.o. (now havent been boxing for many years).
Today when I am 47 I think I could beat 20 y.o. myself in 30 seconds hands down.
Well, it's when they mix in weapons where it gets challenging....or just facing 2 or 3 at the same time.

True, most one on one confrontations I've simply blocked. They stop after 3-4 punches, back off, give you a really weird look and go the other way.

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Being experienced and even good street fighter doesn't equal being a good fighter iself. Im my teens and early 20's I was in dozens of street fights. More wins than loses without any martial arts training.
I'll just add, if you want to fight like a mirror and move at the exact same time as your opponent, like a refection......while blocking and punching concurrently, you have to alter your consciousness. It has to be in your subconscious. The conscious mind cannot be involed.

Last edited:

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
You either haven't read carefully or you're exaggerating. Although, I've give you this, you're the first person to ask directly. ...but no, I will not ID my instructor. I haven't said his name since 1976. You don't think you're gonna change my mind, do you?

However, I have no interest in proving anything to people that are disrespectful. You, or anybody else can say every word I put down is a lie. I'm fine with that.

I am uploading/posting a couple videos of nothing very serious, but an idea of what I do.
Sure. Exactly what I thought. Thanks for confirmation.

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Repost:

If you want to fight like a mirror and move at the exact same time as your opponent, like a refection......while blocking and punching concurrently, you have to alter your consciousness. It has to be in your subconscious. The conscious mind cannot be involed.

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ahh, yeah consider every word I posted a lie. This is a complete waste of time and I'm certain some people including me, have more productive things to do.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ahh, yeah consider every word I posted a lie. This is a complete waste of time and I'm certain some people including me, have more productive things to do.
I don't know, I was kind of getting into the 40-0 street fight record.

Doesn't take record roughly 10 years ago I ran into a dude online who claimed 500.

Never been in one myself though I got full nelsoned in a gas station parking lot once.

Glory days.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't know, I was kind of getting into the 40-0 street fight record.

Doesn't take record roughly 10 years ago I ran into a dude online who claimed 500.

Never been in one myself though I got full nelsoned in a gas station parking lot once.

Glory days.
It depends on how you may define what street fight is.

Your friend knocked on your window in the middle of the night. You came out. He told you that his young brother just got beaten up and he needed his other friends and your help for revenge because the opponents are many. You picked up your weapon and jointed in a group of many that will fight against a group of many.

Will you call that street fight? Some people may call that "peacemaking - to protect the neighborhood in peace".

Last edited:

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I disagree. Sure, "delusional" might not be techincally correct (if we were to look at the DSM), but in the colloquial usage, it's probably an apt description of what he's saying. And I think it's a valid opinion about people who enjoy uncontrolled fights that they aren't entirely stable.
I agree -- in a clinical context, "delusional" would have been inaccurate.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know much about it, but it can’t be totally useless. What if you are at home with Katana near by?
They’re usually blunt (for legal requirements), wrapped and tied into a brocade bag and securely locked away. Also swinging a sword in a confined space like a house is the stuff of many a samurai tale of woe.

I suppose I could deploy one of my many grenades…🤔…but they ruin the deco…

Hot Lunch

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I only know two submissions in BJJ so far. The armbar and the ankle lock. I think I'm gonna ask my wife to let me try an ankle lock on her while she has her shoes, just to see if it still works.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I only know two submissions in BJJ so far. The armbar and the ankle lock. I think I'm gonna ask my wife to let me try an ankle lock on her while she has her shoes, just to see if it still works.
You should also test your ankle lock on your wife while she has spikes ring on.

For $19.99, you can have the best defense against all ground game.

spikes_ring.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Discussions