Impossible to contact Kukkiwon

Discussion in 'Tae-Kwon-Do' started by David Popper, Oct 2, 2019.

1. David Popper

David Popper White Belt

Long story short, I have gotten my certificates through Kukkiwon and have opened a school. I want to issue Kukkiwon certificates but there is literally no way to contact the organization to find out what I need to do to be a member school. I have searched for email addresses or a phone number and nothing. I can't even register with the website because my email address isn't one of the drop down choices. I can't believe that a world respected organization is impossible to communicate with. Any one have any suggestions?

2. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Sr. Grandmaster

• Supporting Member
    Open a new email address that is one of the drop-down choices. Use it only for your dealings with kukkiwon.

3. dvcochran

dvcochran Senior Master

Top Poster Of Month

• Supporting Member
    The phone number is under the location tab. That is the best way to make contact if you can get through the language barrier. You may have success going through USA Taekwondo. www.teamusa.org

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jaeimseu

Jaeimseu 2nd Black Belt

This is the email address I used to set up my school...

kms_2017@naver.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. WaterGal

WaterGal Master of Arts

You need to join the Kukkiwon Membership System (KMS), which is here: http://kms.kukkiwon.or.kr/usr/main.do

When we signed up, we had to follow up with Master Park Chulwang, who's the Kukkiwon representative for all schools in North and South America, to complete the process. I've found that sometimes I need to send him multiple e-mails to get a response, which probably isn't surprising given he probably has 1000s of schools in his jurisdiction. His e-mail is kukkiwonmaster1@gmail.com. If you're not in the Americas, you'd have a different representative, but I'm sure the contact info for them is still available somewhere on the KKW website.

6. andyjeffries

andyjeffries Master of Arts

The last number I have for Master Park Chulwang is +82-2-3469-0158. I often find when dealing with Kukkiwon a telephone call is far and away the quickest way. The International Business Team speaks very good English, so you shouldn't have an issue with that, and if Master Park is unavailable, someone else should pick up his phone (obviously if you call during Korean business hours).