Certificate/Belt Re-Issue?

silent killer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
SO you expect others to do things you're not willing to do. Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.
went way over your head big boy.. i already did post a video of me fighting but you didn´t check it. someone else did.
are U a Teacher..:D

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
went way over your head big boy.. i already did post a video of me fighting but you didn´t check it. someone else did.
are U a Teacher..:D
Which one of the dozen or so people in that video are you claiming to be?

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Does anyone else think silent killer's name and posts are sketchy? I haven't seen any worth responding to.

OP
ohkarabast

ohkarabast

White Belt
Reaction score
Did you find your information on TCON? It is very specific on formatting. The DOB is straightforward, but I have found names that were entered incorrectly or differently, so try all versions of your name.
If not, are you certain it was a real Kukkiwon certification?
Sorry it has been a while since I checked on this post. Honestly, I haven't even tried the Kukkiwon site again since. My original cert was definitely real Kukkiwon, though. I did sign myself and my six year old son up for TKD lessons in person, both starting as white belts. It's a bit of a commute five days a week, but worth it. I have no problem being a white belt again, but the instructor and other students find it quite amusing (and occasionally intimidating). After my first few classes, my new instructor said he would help me get my cert reissued if we can't sort it through Kukiwon. Thanks for your comment!

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have no problem being a white belt again, but the instructor and other students find it quite amusing (and occasionally intimidating).
Intimidated is a strange reaction. They just have to fast track your progress. geez. lol But it's good that they are willing to help you out. That part I'm not surprised about,

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry it has been a while since I checked on this post. Honestly, I haven't even tried the Kukkiwon site again since. My original cert was definitely real Kukkiwon, though. I did sign myself and my six year old son up for TKD lessons in person, both starting as white belts. It's a bit of a commute five days a week, but worth it. I have no problem being a white belt again, but the instructor and other students find it quite amusing (and occasionally intimidating). After my first few classes, my new instructor said he would help me get my cert reissued if we can't sort it through Kukiwon. Thanks for your comment!
Good for you, this was always the best option!

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Intimidated is a strange reaction. They just have to fast track your progress. geez. lol But it's good that they are willing to help you out. That part I'm not surprised about,
I don't want to put words/feelings into what he meant. But, from my experience I can understand where he is coming from. When I was in college, I switched classes between where I lived and where I went to school in another state (same organization and oversight for promotions).

My main instructor was very old school and never really thought about promotions at all and rarely did them. When I went to the other school, my skill level did NOT match the same as other students and people started actually questioning the instructor if they really deserved their rank. A phone call to the main office and a discussion, I was skipped a rank at my next promotion to get me at a rank that was more representative of where it should have been.

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score
That's great to hear. If you are quickly moving through the curriculum, you may want to talk to your instructor about a skip-test or two through the gup-ranks.
Hopefully you can sort out your original Poom/Dan certification.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When I went to the other school, my skill level did NOT match the same as other students and people started actually questioning the instructor if they really deserved their rank.
I had something similar, I think. People in my second Jow Ga school were surprised at how well I caught on to the forms. I always told them that I wasn't new to Jow Ga and I had taken it before. and that I needed to start from the beginning because even though both schools are Jow Ga, the forms will be different in each school.

My beginner form in my first school was the 4th advanced form in my second school. My classmates were happy because now their world makes sense. When I taught classes, I always tried to have them focus on themselves and not compare themselves to other students in the class. Ironically the 2 instructors before I became one had the most difficult time with how well I knew Jow Ga. I guess it was like you say. my skill level did not match the same as theirs. As instructors they just automatically assume that they would be better at it than the students.

I can see how others would fall under your perspective. Most of the sports that I've done were individual sports. Gymnastics, Tennis, Pool (billards), ping pong, Track, cross country, Martial arts, chess. The only comparison that I'm used to was that of my opponent. Maybe that's why it' difficult for me to see what you can.

Last edited:

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kukkiwon maintained my record from 1989 so it may be possible to recover yours from 1996.

You may be able to search for your dan/poom records by your recorded name, date of birth, nationality &/or dan/poom number via Kukkiwon's associated website (TCON.net).

Good luck.. GM Andy Jefferies was very helpful in my reclamation of records/information so hopefully he chimes in.
Thanks for mentioning me, I didn't get an email (I think because it wasn't at-mentioned @OutcastSix), but I'm on the thread now...

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere; I did search first, but didn't come up with much. I received my 1st degree and Kukkiwon certificate when I was 13 in about 1996. I am now 40, and my certificate and belt were lost in a move. Is it possible to reapply for my certificate and belt, or do I have to start from scratch? I did go to the Kukkiwon HQ website, but couldn't find much there either. I should point out that I am military stationed overseas, so getting into any dojang for info is impossible for me. Also, my original school closed quite some time ago, as the owner passed way. Thank you guys so much for your help, and have a great day.

V/R
LTW
Hi, I'll ignore the stuff about whether you should start at white belt or not, mainly because I don't care that much but partially because I disagree (once you have a university degree, they don't take it away if you don't use it for a couple of decades). An individual dojang may make you start at white belt again, or may accept you at 1st Dan, but you know you'll have a long way to go before you can test for 2nd.

The information surrounding this isn't on the main Kukkiwon site, but on their membership system site - https://tkdcon.net/

Specifically how to do it is at Tcon | Kukkiwon Membership System>Poom·Dan Promotion Test> Reissuing Poom·Dan Certification and the downloadable form is at Tcon | Kukkiwon Membership System>Poom·Dan Promotion Test> Download for Application. The cost is $30 including shipping.

Knowing your poom/dan number for that form is essential, but if you don't know it - DM me your full name, date of birth and the country you received your Kukkiwon rank in and I've got a friend at Kukkiwon that will let me know the number.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you need anything further.

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi, I'll ignore the stuff about whether you should start at white belt or not, mainly because I don't care that much but partially because I disagree (once you have a university degree, they don't take it away if you don't use it for a couple of decades). An individual dojang may make you start at white belt again, or may accept you at 1st Dan, but you know you'll have a long way to go before you can test for 2nd.

The information surrounding this isn't on the main Kukkiwon site, but on their membership system site - https://tkdcon.net/

Specifically how to do it is at Tcon | Kukkiwon Membership System>Poom·Dan Promotion Test> Reissuing Poom·Dan Certification and the downloadable form is at Tcon | Kukkiwon Membership System>Poom·Dan Promotion Test> Download for Application. The cost is $30 including shipping.

Knowing your poom/dan number for that form is essential, but if you don't know it - DM me your full name, date of birth and the country you received your Kukkiwon rank in and I've got a friend at Kukkiwon that will let me know the number.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you need anything further.
This is a helpful, well laid out link.
To be fair, the Word document it leads you to is atrocious. Clumsy to fill out and usually leaving a person with more questions than they had to start with. I have had to help a few transfer students though the process and we still ended up having to make queries to correctly fill out the document.
FWIW, I am pretty sure the OP does Not know the Poom/Dan number.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
To be fair, the Word document it leads you to is atrocious. Clumsy to fill out and usually leaving a person with more questions than they had to start with. I have had to help a few transfer students though the process and we still ended up having to make queries to correctly fill out the document.
I didn't know if they'd have found it in the meantime, but as I said, they can DM me and I'll try to get it for them from some friends at Kukkiwon if they don't.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many organizations design forms for the recipient, not the person filling it out. In my consulting career, I had to help many organizations redesign forms to be more user-friendly.

Latest Discussions