I'm Angry!!!

placeing all of my other statements aside.
I agree 100 % with what Vincefuess just said.
Belive in yourslef enjoy what you do but never be afraid to question what others would have you do and never be afraid to ask for help
Shadow

This whole discussion prompted me to make a few phone calls to my nephew and some of the friends we shared- especially our friend whom I discussed in earlier posts who was associated with Chung Moo Quan.

It is rumoured by more than one person that he is dead. I do not know if it is topically related or not, he was a casual acquaintance and I have no reliable contacts to confirm if in fact it is true, much less how it happened. He was my nephew's age, roughly 31 years old now.

The guy was a heavy partyer, and loved to fight (at least back then) so maybe his death is a no-brainer. It just seems weird to me right now, but then again I have not inquired of him in over ten years. Supposedly, it happened about five years ago.

Very likely no relation to the topic but it hit me like a small brick- just thought I would share it. There may be more to the story.

Where the heck are you finding this stuff?

Thanks for posting that link I had in the 'Horror Stories' forum, fist of fury...I was too lazy to do it myself :)

Thanks for the other links, guys.

The thing is, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Do a search in Google Groups and you'll find a lot more stuff. (If you're lucky, you may run across some of the incredibly arrogant posts I made in my younger days. Of course, you've gotta know my real name :))

Cthulhu

Originally posted by chungmoowarrior
:soapbox:
Sorry that I can't stay in front of a computer 24/7, but I DO have a life, and I DO have to train, you know. Chung Moo Doe requires a great deal of mental concentration, and if I was to fight someone without that same level of concentration, they can be hurt seriously. No, I don't believe that Chung Su Nim Kim can walk on water, fall 8 stories, etc. Like I said, those were things that little kids made up. And I'm sorry that I have to follow the rules that my school set up for me. If you honestly want to know so badly, you have the address of my school. My instructor welcomes any serious questions from fellow martial artists. Just don't call and start to bash him, he will get angry.
I checked out your web site and the modified single whip training is ok for training. The serving up tea motion is ok also for training! Please explain how these 2 motion sets can be adjusted for street fighting a downward knife attack! Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

Originally posted by chungmoowarrior
:soapbox:
Sorry that I can't stay in front of a computer 24/7, but I DO have a life, and I DO have to train, you know. Chung Moo Doe requires a great deal of mental concentration, and if I was to fight someone without that same level of concentration, they can be hurt seriously. No, I don't believe that Chung Su Nim Kim can walk on water, fall 8 stories, etc. Like I said, those were things that little kids made up. And I'm sorry that I have to follow the rules that my school set up for me. If you honestly want to know so badly, you have the address of my school. My instructor welcomes any serious questions from fellow martial artists. Just don't call and start to bash him, he will get angry.

No, little kids most certainly did not make those stories up, since many of the instructors were also preaching them (unless you're saying your instructors are little kids).

I forgot to mention one claim...my favorite one: that Bruce Lee was killed by someone in the CMD organization for revealing CMD/Q secrets.

As far as not fighting someone with your 'same level of concentration'...if CMD gives you the skills you claim, you should be able to control your techniques, regardless of who you are fighting. I can spar anybody, from white belt on up, and not worry about losing my control and accidentally killing somebody. I can also adjust my sparring level to that of my partner. That's called basic control. If you don't have that, you don't get a green belt in my system, much less, black.

Cthulhu

Originally posted by Cthulhu
Thanks for posting that link I had in the 'Horror Stories' forum, fist of fury...I was too lazy to do it myself :)

:))

Cthulhu
Actually I stole that from Kirk I didn't know you posted it there.

Originally posted by Cthulhu

I forgot to mention one claim...my favorite one: that Bruce Lee was killed by someone in the CMD organization for revealing CMD/Q secrets.

Cthulhu

Bwahahahahahaha!! that was a good one I can't stop laughing.

Best be careful. You saw his post. Kim will get angry. He might come throw a flying side kick off your roof. That is some spooky stuff. I just THOUGHT a guy jumped off my roof once, and I was paralyzed with fear for a week.

Thats a scary thought I won't be able to sleep all weekend.

Fellow Posters,
I think the bashing of this person has far exceeded acceptable limitations. I thought this was supposed to be a place of
"friendly discussion"? I don't see any real instance of this person attacking anyone, but man the stomping that many of you have inflicted! You may believe the system he is in is "suspect", but why the unkindness? The desire of cmwarrior to honor his word, as far as the not revealing info thing goes. Should be admired, not ridiculed... I posted a few questions regarding the validity of Mr.Kim's claims, and the claims of his detractors on this forum. NO ONE HAS RESPONDED... If this is a cult, if Mr.Kim is a charlatan, if there is any substantiated proof of any of these claims? Please someone bring it to the light of day. I would have to think. That if any of these accusations are true. There is someone out there who can/would give a first hand accounting. WELL!!!???
Salute in Christ,
Donald:asian:

Originally posted by donald
...If this is a cult, if Mr.Kim is a charlatan, if there is any substantiated proof of any of these claims?

Donald, "Iron" Kim was convicted in court and Chung Moo Doe is a cult.

There's plenty of proof in the public record.

Pierre

ok, just my 2 cents here:

CMD is broadly regarded as a cult and/or ineffective system based on various perspectives.

I've seen many references to various things. Please post links, etc to back up claims.

chungmoowarrior has every right to be pissed over a feeling of being bashed. While well intended, some of the comments are a bit harsh.

Cthulhu has done extensive research on the issue of CMD.

In discussing CMD, please post verifiable factual information. "He-said" or "I saw it somewhere" is not really good enough.

Saying "It sucks" why? "cuz" works for 10yr olds, not mature, adults.

I've been a tad busy the last few weeks and have'nt been as active as I'd like here. I tend to agree with donald though...this ones gone a bit far.

please keep it friendly, and topical. If you can back up what you are saying we can keep this one open...if it continues to look like a bash-a-thon, we're gonna have to lock it, and I prefer not to do that. So, start putting up alot of factuals, k?

Thanks!
:asian:

Kaith
-MT Admin-

Originally posted by Donald
The desire of cmwarrior to honor his word, as far as the not revealing info thing goes. Should be admired, not ridiculed... I posted a few questions regarding the validity of Mr.Kim's claims, and the claims of his detractors on this forum. NO ONE HAS RESPONDED... If this is a cult, if Mr.Kim is a charlatan, if there is any substantiated proof of any of these claims? Please someone bring it to the light of day. I would have to think. That if any of these accusations are true. There is someone out there who can/would give a first hand accounting. WELL!!!???

I wonder if you'd say that same about the Branch Davidians?
How about Heaven's Gate? Had someone been more outspoken
about these cults, and calling a spade a spade .. maybe some
lives could have been saved? Even those that didn't die in the
Waco fire yet were members had have their lives dramatically
altered as a result of being members in a cult. Should these
people been given the same respect as say, Catholics,
Methodists, Southern Baptists? Should they have been able
to go to a christian forum on the net and been welcomed there
to spread their views? Cults are typically dangerous, and
engage in brain washing. Too often people lose their lives.
Should we have sat back and allow genocide, or child molestation
for fear of hurting someone's feelings? Making them
feel "bashed" ? I'm all for what you say, Kaith, but I say there's
enough proof that CMD is not a martial art, and has no place
on this board, other than possibly revealing the truth about
what it is, in order to help those brainwashed by "Iron" Kim's
retoric.

I know it's a much, much smaller scale, but should we have
sat back and let the nazi's do as they pleased? CMD followers
are in danger, and there's very little out there for this cult. Maybe
collectively we can do our little bit as members of this forum to
stop just one person from falling into it?

Any CMD student, or wanna be student may just fall upon this
page and go, "why is there such a harshness about this art?".
Maybe it'll be just enough to encourage him/her to research
it further before they drop out of college, give their possessions
to a CMD school, get beaten down at school, and/or have thier
dog killed in attempt to bring them back.

Originally posted by Kirk

give their possessions
to a CMD school, get beaten down at school, and/or have thier
dog killed in attempt to bring them back.

Dude If someone ever tried to kill my dog, I'd neuter him, Of course unless he has a gun or a decent weapon i think my dog would probably take him, trying to fight an 80 pound dog is not the easiest of things to do. Still id neuter any guy that tried to attack my dog, unless my dog did it first.

Very well said indeed. Your points were made with total conviction with no sense of malice. I salute you.

The fact that these guys were sentenced to sixty months (5 years) for an essentially white collar crime means they have been back on the street for awhile now and have learned from their mistakes. Learned how to pull off the con better, I mean. Kim came here admittedly to become the richest man in the world, for nowhere but America could he do that, and his defense for not paying taxes was that the money wasn't spent wisely in his opinion.

We DID have a bit of fun at Chungmoowarriors expense, and we were wrong in that, even if the message we served up was honest in intention. He is in it deep. He is likely not alone. Let's keep the message out there- even if it chaps their butts, it has to make them think. One of the hardest things in the world to do is admit you made a mistake, especially when it is a big mistake. Trust me, I know. I've made a bunch of 'em!

Like Kaith said, let's keep it factual and straightforward and not add to this guys misery. For all we know, he is on the take. Might be a predator himself, rather than a victim. Ever think of that? (sorry CMW)

It's all here for everyone to see- whether or not they open their eyes is not our business.

Well said. :)

1 of my points is basically, I'm not saying anyone is wrong, just saying show the proof. Then, we can all make up our own minds, once the information is presented.

Thanks!:asian:

Latest Discussions

Back