Korean Masters from the 1960's and 1970's

Discussion in 'Korean Martial Arts - General' started by SahBumNimRush, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog MT Senior Moderator Staff Member

• LifeTime Supporting Member
    I've seen it, but don't have a copy. I do have a copy of Kill Line though. Another fine example of the genre. :)

2. Norm Reno

Norm Reno White Belt

3. Norm Reno

Norm Reno White Belt

Hi, my name Is Norm Reno - I am a 3rd Dan and trained under Grandmaster Tong Joo Choi (Song Moo Kwan) in Akron Ohio. During some of our Dan testing we would have visiting Grandmasters sit on testing boards. I remember testing under Il Joo Kim, Young Pyo Choi and Joon Pyo Choi all Son Moo Kwan - Tae Kwon Do Grandmasters.
    Please let me know if you have any other info, or comments to add - I'd love to hear them!!

4. Bruce7

Bruce7 Blue Belt

Website below gives Information on all the US taekwondo grandmasters, nice resource
    Hall of Fame
    Awards to hall of fame started 2006 to today.
    You should be able to find your grandmaster.
    For example The 2006 Pioneer Award was presented to Grandmaster S. Henry Cho.
    My teacher was presented the 2008 Pioneer Award.
    Hall of Fame

5. Norm Reno

Norm Reno White Belt

Hi, my name Is Norm Reno - I am a 3rd Dan and trained under Grandmaster Tong Joo Choi (Song Moo Kwan) in Akron Ohio. During some of our Dan testing we would have visiting Grandmasters sit on testing boards. I remember testing under Il Joo Kim, Young Pyo Choi and Joon Pyo Choi all Song Moo Kwan - Tae Kwon Do Grandmasters.
    Grandmaster TC Choi passed away in 2017. Before his passing he informed me that GM Il Joo Kim had moved back to Korea. Growing up in southeastern Michigan and training in the Akron / Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio area I got to interact with some very talented and influential TKD/SMK Grandmasters.
    Please let me know if you have any other info, or comments to add - I'd love to hear them!!