I Do Have A Sense Of Humor

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
People say I'm a great comedian.
I think it's because I know the key to comedy.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Is it the joke or the delivery?

Guy gets a job at a factory. Union shop and he's the first new guy in over a decade. He sits down at a table at lunch.

A few minutes later, one of the guys stands up and yells out, "14!" Everyone in the lunch room laughs except the new guy, who looks really confused. A few minutes goes by and another guy stands up and yells out, "27!" New guy says, "Hey, what the hell is going on?"

Guy at the table says, "Oh man, sorry! We've all been in here so long we've memorized all the jokes we know. So, to save time, we gave each joke a number and when someone says a number, we know what joke they're telling. Why don't you give it a shot?"

New guy stands up and yells, "Okay... 44!" No one laughs. "Hey everyone! 44!" He sits down dejected and says, "I don't get it. What did I do wrong?"

Guy at the table says, "I don't know. I guess some people just can't tell a joke."

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Guy gets a job at a factory. Union shop and he's the first new guy in over a decade. He sits down at a table at lunch.

A few minutes later, one of the guys stands up and yells out, "14!" Everyone in the lunch room laughs except the new guy, who looks really confused. A few minutes goes by and another guy stands up and yells out, "27!" New guy says, "Hey, what the hell is going on?"

Guy at the table says, "Oh man, sorry! We've all been in here so long we've memorized all the jokes we know. So, to save time, we gave each joke a number and when someone says a number, we know what joke they're telling. Why don't you give it a shot?"

New guy stands up and yells, "Okay... 44!" No one laughs. "Hey everyone! 44!" He sits down dejected and says, "I don't get it. What did I do wrong?"

Guy at the table says, "I don't know. I guess some people just can't tell a joke."
If his number had been 34, this joke would have been a lot funnier.

Rookie mistake.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
He has a tendency to do this. It wouldn't be the first, fourth or seventh time @PhotonGuy created a post (I'm guessing) forgot about it, then remembered a couple years down the line and replied. Sadly, by the time he gets back to it, a lot of the time the people who he's replying to don't post here anymore. And even those of us that do have to reread the whole thread if we want to understand what he's replying to.
And yet people do remember stuff that I say and stuff about me, from stuff I said years ago, all the way back to when I first joined this forum in 2013.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's what you're writing as your point, but pretty much everything you've written outside of that is that other's don't have a good sense of humor. Either way I guess it doesn't matter too much and I'd just reiterate my advice from above about not being able to control others.
Just because I can't control others doesn't mean Im going to find what they say funny. Sometimes I will start a thread with the hope of having a serious discussion and people will try to say funny stuff on the thread. If I wrote the thread to be serious Im not going to find it funny when somebody else tries to be funny on that thread. If I were to write a thread with the intention of it being funny I would write it in The Comedy Cafe, it is the proper folder for humor. If I post a thread and its not in The Comedy Cafe, and people start joking about something that I mean to be serious, its not funny. Just because I don't find everything funny doesn't mean I don't have a sense of humor period. I appreciate good humor not bad humor. And in my opinion part of what makes humor good or bad is whether or not you're doing it in a thread that I start that is not in The Comedy Cafe and that I don't intend to be funny and that I don't intend for people to make jokes on. I might not be able to control whether or not people do joke on such a thread but the fact of the matter is Im not going to find it funny, plain and simple.

Latest Discussions