I Do Have A Sense Of Humor

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some people here have said that I might not have a sense of humor but the fact of the matter is that I do have a sense of humor, I just appreciate good humor not bad humor. There's two kinds of humor, the kind that's funny and the kind that isn't. Its the bad humor that's of the latter. Now, what makes humor good or bad? Aside from the humor itself it also has to be done in the proper time and place. There is a proper time and place for humor and for somebody to be humorous and to be good at it, they have to be doing it in the proper time and place.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some people here have said that I might not have a sense of humor but the fact of the matter is that I do have a sense of humor, I just appreciate good humor not bad humor. There's two kinds of humor, the kind that's funny and the kind that isn't. Its the bad humor that's of the latter. Now, what makes humor good or bad? Aside from the humor itself it also has to be done in the proper time and place. There is a proper time and place for humor and for somebody to be humorous and to be good at it, they have to be doing it in the proper time and place.
Prove it! Make a funny.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truth By Blatant Assertion isn't very convincing...

I was going to fix alligator for dinner.
But then I realized we only had a croc pot...

I just had a thought.
They should call iPhone chargers Apple Juice!

Do you know how much a new roof costs?
Nothing. It's on the house.

I am NOT a fan of elevator music.
It's wrong on so many levels.

If you're not rolling on the floor after those, you have no sense of humor.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Was there something that inspired you to post this? Seems out-of-the-blue.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ju

just don’t make jokes about the spouse of Will Smith unless you are gonna keep your left up!
Now that one I admit I don't get.
[Edit] I googled it. I never watch those shows. Tasteless joke, but that doesn't justify the battery. I've lost a great deal of respect for Will Smith.

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Now that one I admit I don't get.
[Edit] I googled it. I never watch those shows. Tasteless joke, but that doesn't justify the battery. I've lost a great deal of respect for Will Smith.
I always worked Christmas and Thanksgivings so guys with kids and big families could have those days off. I worked the days my lifelong team was in Super Bowls, taping it at home to watch later. So guys could have the day off.

The one day I never worked was the Oscars, always saved a vacation day for them. Been watching them since I was a kid. (Hey, I'm a movie freak, what can I say?) My bosses always said, "Just give him the day off, he ain't coming in anyway."

What Will Smith did tonight was criminal. But to me it was a desecration. I hope he never works in the film industry again. But what I'd really like is to see here, so I could call him out on it. Maybe I could get him to slap me. I'd like that. That would make me as bad as him. But, I'd like that, too.
F him.

You can go to the TMZ website and watch it with full sound, not muted like it was by The Academy.

Last edited:

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I always worked Christmas and Thanksgivings so guys with kids and big families could have those days off. I worked the days my lifelong team was in Super Bowls, taping it at home to watch later. So guys could have the day off.

The one day I never worked was the Oscars, always saved a vacation day for them. Been watching them since I was a kid. (Hey, I'm a movie freak, what can I say?) My bosses always said, "Just give him the day off, he ain't coming in anyway."

What Will Smith did tonight was criminal. But to me it was a desecration. I hope he never works in the film industry again. But what I'd really like is to see here, so I could call him out on it. Maybe I could get him to slap me. I'd like that. That would make me as bad as him. But, I'd like that, too.
F him.

You can go to the TMZ website and watch it with full sound, not muted like it was by The Academy.
Here’s the thing, if you played Muhammed Ali, you better look better than that when you go to smack someone. Sting like a butterfly? Chris rock never even lost his composure. I have to believe Chris didn’t know about her alopecia, he is better than that. Tasteless or not, the comedian always has Carte Blanche to say whatever, that is quite literally his job,

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Here’s the thing, if you played Muhammed Ali, you better look better than that when you go to smack someone. Sting like a butterfly? Chris rock never even lost his composure. I have to believe Chris didn’t know about her alopecia, he is better than that. Tasteless or not, the comedian always has Carte Blanche to say whatever, that is quite literally his job,
I really hope Ricky Gervais hosts the Oscars next year... or better yet, Dave Chappelle.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
There was another, really awkward joke earlier in the show that poked fun at them for their "open" relationship. One of the female hosts said something along the lines of, "Will Smith, come on up. I know you're married, but Jada said it was okay." The idea is she was calling up some handsome, single dudes and was going to give them a COVID test (overt, painfully overt sexual connotations). No one punched her for that. Huh.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I really hope Ricky Gervais hosts the Oscars next year... or better yet, Dave Chappelle.
I was thinking the same thing. And if Will Smith slapped either one of them, he might have been slapped back.

Latest Discussions