Does God have a sense of humor?

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, I was thinking about part of a comedian's routine (it's Jeff Gaffigan, so bear with me). One of his jokes is that God must have a sense of humor. Mr. Gaffigans proof is that he spoke to Mose through a burning bush... think about that for amount... a burning bush. You can just imagine some of the looks Mose got when he told everyone a God talked to him through a burning bush.
If that happened know (or maybe even back then) people would have accussed Mose of burning some bush himself... Now, with that thought in mind, do you think God has a sense of humor? Or, were the prophets who said that God spoke to them in strange ways (like after a week long wrestling match) just insane? Or is it something else?

OP
CuongNhuka

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
-Hay, I like platypus's budy! I don't appreciate that!- sorry, Gaffigan moment.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

LOL! That was the first thing I though of!

Me too.

And then, of course, there's the whole idea that humanity - weaker than animals of similar size, with only vestigial claws and small teeth, slower than other predators, etc. - is the "master" being, created in God's own image. How's that for a joke, hmm?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bethany: What's he like?
Metatron: God? Lonely. But funny. He's got a great sense of humor. Take sex for example. There's nothing funnier than the ridiculous faces you people make mid-coitus.
Bethany: Sex is a joke in heaven?
Metatron: The way I understand it, it's mostly a joke down here, too.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Mr. Gaffigans proof is that he spoke to Mose through a burning bush... think about that for amount... a burning bush. You can just imagine some of the looks Mose got when he told everyone a God talked to him through a burning bush.

I always did think that Moses tale was a parable, most guys have a thing for redheads.

Lamont

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I always did think that Moses tale was a parable, most guys have a thing for redheads.

Lamont

GRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Yes, god has a sense of humor. I work with Orthodox Priests, funniest guys I know!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yep, like Crushing it's the first thing I thought of too.

I mean He must've had some left-over animal parts after creation thus... "well... lessee what we can come up with here... Hey! New wings & a harp for the first angel to come up with a name for this thing!" :lol:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
GRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!
What? When everything uh... peaks, I swear, sometimes I think I hear god talking to me too.

'Course, at that point I'm usually talking back, though not very coherently.

"oh god, oh god, oh god."
Is that what you're saying when you hear
her husband's key is in the lock and you barely got your pants on? :lol:

(just kidding)

OP
CuongNhuka

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is that what you're saying when you hear
her husband's key is in the lock and you barely got your pants on? :lol:

God, what have I started? Mr. Jesus, why do you do this to me! -raises hands in fury at the skies-
Sorry, anouther comedian moment

OP
CuongNhuka

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
My such personal questions. You haven't even bought me dinner yet. My husband may not appreciate such questions....:p

I said red head I didn't ask about anything else

Latest Discussions