• Over 6 Foot

• 6 Foot Even

• Below 6 Foot

Results are only viewable after voting.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jenna said:
Eleven foot seven inches exactly when at a recent Metallica concert I was on someones shoulders... I think he was 5' 11" but he is fond of his 1 inch sole DM boots and I distinctly felt those half inch shoulder pads going on too.

I found I weighed nothing at all on a recent daytrip to Jupiter and upon landing and going through the Jupiterian immigration policy of standing on the scales.. I found I weighed in at 270 lbs with nothing to declare .. go figure.

...sorry was this a serious question?

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

If you wanted to be a bit scientific: You'd be crushed by your own weight, if you were lucky enough to survive the storms (or am I thinking of Pluto- I always get mixed up on those 2...)

And I wouldn't say I'm short (not tall either)- I'm 5ft. 6in.. A nice, average height.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
tkdgirl said:
If you wanted to be a bit scientific: You'd be crushed by your own weight, if you were lucky enough to survive the storms (or am I thinking of Pluto- I always get mixed up on those 2...)

And I wouldn't say I'm short (not tall either)- I'm 5ft. 6in.. A nice, average height.
hey my friend tkdgirl :) yes I am in agreement that 5'6" is spot on just the right height for us to be.. in fact there should be some regulation somewhere to classify folk over that as "TOO" big, ha!

and yes Jupiter is the largest ball in our SS and is 300-odd times the mass of the earth the gravity thereon is only two and a half times what it is on the earth... go figure.. but bring your inflatable dinghy as there ain't no surface to stand on ha! so you will just have to float around on that nice shiny liquid hydrogen . oh and bring some oxygen.. oh and some water too and probably some music to listen to.. in fact it ain't much of a trip is it? but it is nice to say you have been there at least

http://www.exploratorium.edu/ronh/weight/ ... if you are interested to know how heavy you will be on your next trip around the SS.... ladies and gentleman.. on our left is Neptune

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jenna said:
hey my friend tkdgirl :) yes I am in agreement that 5'6" is spot on just the right height for us to be.. in fact there should be some regulation somewhere to classify folk over that as "TOO" big, ha!

and yes Jupiter is the largest ball in our SS and is 300-odd times the mass of the earth the gravity thereon is only two and a half times what it is on the earth... go figure.. but bring your inflatable dinghy as there ain't no surface to stand on ha! so you will just have to float around on that nice shiny liquid hydrogen . oh and bring some oxygen.. oh and some water too and probably some music to listen to.. in fact it ain't much of a trip is it? but it is nice to say you have been there at least

http://www.exploratorium.edu/ronh/weight/ ... if you are interested to know how heavy you will be on your next trip around the SS.... ladies and gentleman.. on our left is Neptune

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Sounds like fun to me! So- Is the "Meet and Greet" going to be held there instead of Buffalo?

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok, so we won't be crushed, but will be quite heavier than I'd like to be...

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

I have friends both male and female that are in the low 5 foot range. 152.4 cm plus range. I do not think of them as small nor the males or females that are 6'6" (* 198.12 cm *) or so as tall. I think of them as their shape. Not big nor small. So if I was to meet Jenna then this would be the Jenna Shape I owuld remember. Now if she grew a foot then she would be a tall Jenna.

They size is relative. I just fear my relatives. ;)

funnytiger

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm about 5'10" which is really tall for a chick. So I am constantly paired up with the guys since all the girls in my class are 5'5" or shorter. It kind of sucks sometimes. Boys hit hard. :boxing:

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
6'3.5" In College I was 6'5", but time and weight loss have allowed me to get shorter.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
6' 4" and some change... more like rounded to 6' 5"...

When I have more time... I'll post about what being tall has been like for me in my Martial Science trainings...

Cooking at the moment... but, I wanted to weight in for now...

Regards,

Andy

P.S. WOW! This thread is OLD! It started in July 2002!

Thunder Foot

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well, I'm 6'2, and often taller than the majority of people I train with. However, nowadays I'm noticing a trend of giants at my gym (our tallest guy being 6'7). I don't notice a problem sparring taller verses shorter... its all the same to me. On average howeer, I notice people to be around 5'10 for men, and 5'6 for women. I believe those are common heights outside martial arts as well.

Also, I wanted to express my disagreement with "LanceWildcat1" on the first page, even though it was quite some time ago teehee. The Martial Arts weren't created for a specific body-type or anything... they are as diverse as the cultures we have on this planet. To think only one type of person can Martial Arts.... hahaha.