Fighting to gain respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When dealing with adult bullies and child abusers (i.e. hitting his kids) it is very important to consider the effects of the 'fight' on the bully and his kids (and likely wife) Often when a bully loses 'face' especially in front of others they will take out their frustrations on somebody weaker than themselves. They lose a fight and then go find someone weaker and 'win back their respect'. Gang bangers often act out the same behavior pattern.

You 'win' the fight but the kids, wife or some weaker stranger takes your beating.

Not saying a beating is always wrong - but there should be purpose behind it if it is entertained. It should be serious work done very calmly.

Glad you were able to resolve your uncles and your issues at least for the evening Ironbear24. Are you going to be wrestling him at every family gathering?

Regards
Brian King

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And the definition of insanity is...

I hope it works out for you and your family. Do try to find alternative ways to help your family other than violence. Violence should really be the last resort and done deliberately, calmly and for a greater purpose. Good luck.

Regards
Brian King

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This just means that he feels a range of emotions when his temper is going, and isn't used to categorizing it. Most people are like this when they get very angry, especially if they're younger...it can lead to issues but it's not something that should 'scare' you for him. If I was his therapist my first objective would be helping him classify his emotions when they start being raised, but as he pointed out, we are not, and it would be close to malpractice (IMO, plenty disagree with this) to offer therapy online, especially in a forum like this. He also wasn't asking for advice about his mental health here and, I think (feel free to disagree), came on for help dealing with that particular day, which he navigated through.

Ironbear- Since its being addressed and i dont like talking 'through' someone... as has been stated in the past and I think you know, you would benefit from therapy focused around (the cause of) your ego and/or anger management. You went through this situation well, but there may be others in the future that get you in trouble.

He has already posted up about his anger etc. He is using this site as some sort of therapy/validation and posts up a lot about himself. Also changing the stories doesn't help.

Fighting professionally won't help, if anything it would make it worse. To fight professionally you need dedication to training to improve not to bulk up your ego, anger has no place in a professional fight, no coach wants an undisciplined fighter nor any promoter. You will be untouchable in the pro world.

Phobius

Black Belt
Reaction score
He has already posted up about his anger etc. He is using this site as some sort of therapy/validation and posts up a lot about himself. Also changing the stories doesn't help.

Fighting professionally won't help, if anything it would make it worse. To fight professionally you need dedication to training to improve not to bulk up your ego, anger has no place in a professional fight, no coach wants an undisciplined fighter nor any promoter. You will be untouchable in the pro world.

This is the sad part. He is so eager to become his best, and yet he is so unwilling to fight for it.

Fighting for him does not mean using fist or wrestle. Fighting for Ironbear24 is to stay ground and keep his temper under control. He lost this time and failed to prove his worth.

Swallow your pride is the fight you fear to take Ironbear24 and as such you took an easy way out. Anyone can take an easy way out.

This is not some monk talk. If you see him beat up someone you may intervene and if necessary knock his *** to the ground. Same if you had no desire to beat his *** you may spar or grapple as much as you like.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't argue with you or try to change your mind. You seem pretty set in stone on this.

I am. You've been in more than one fight recently that was totally avoidable, and clearly think that's OK.
And that is reprehensible.
In my personal opinion, instead of learning to hurt people more severely, with less effort, your time would be better spent learning how to be a descent human being.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to do it professionally and will when I have more training under my belt. Right now people me the chingaso. Spanish for "hitter "

And the fact that you're not ashamed of this says volumes.

Phobius

Black Belt
Reaction score
One question, how would you react if another student at practise said you have a shitty weak punch or kick. What would you do when sparring him just moments later? Show him how wrong he was by punching him or kicking him full force?

Where do you draw the line?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

I put it on Google translate, I can see why 'Bing' and a couple of other sites wouldn't translate it. Just wow, why would you even tell anyone you were called that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions