Fighting to gain respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
I know this is good heartfelt advice but please could you use punctuation? I got out of breath reading it! it is rather good as one sentence though.
I like writing like this I don't very formal sentence structures when im on a forums site I do it in my professional and school life just something I refuse to do when im online just for fun

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like writing like this I don't very formal sentence structures when im on a forums site I do it in my professional and school life just something I refuse to do when im online just for fun

Ah but it's very hard to read and many won't bother.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly, I started to read it, and then just gave up...not worth the time.

It's also a bit disrespectful to other posters in that you don't think we are worth using proper English for.

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
well I put it like this ok if you don't like it or don't like the way I write then don't read that's all I have to say how I choose to write in my personal time is my own choice that post was meant for one person I didn't come on here to get a English lesson and I sure you guys aren't on here to give them so you guys aren't stupid you know when to breathe while reading something or when to stop I joined this forums to talk about my way of life martial arts period I use proper English in my professional life all the time so like I said when I don't want to I wont do it I didn't say you guys weren't worth me using proper grammar I just don't feel it excuse the hell out of me if I don't want you guys grammar cops so leave it alone im not stupid if I chose to do it then I will my post was meant to make a fellow warrior feel better so thank you for you criticism and talking like I wasn't here I truly appreciate
only thing wrong with my post is that it didn't have punctuation in it thank you very much for being jerks I really like that I wasn't bothering you so if you didn't have something positive say leave it alone period

Troubadour

White Belt
Reaction score
well I put it like this ok if you don't like it or don't like the way I write then don't read

All they were saying is that if you WANT to be heard, then use punctuation, otherwise they won't read it, just like you said. :p

Totally your choice. Just keep in mind you might be ignored, since it's a pain to read.

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
how is it a pain to read if you reading to yourself

being critical about every little thing on here is ok its not like im using slang or anything like that that's the problem with people instead of accepting people for who they are you try to change them

its not like im insulting someones are or bashing people then I might understand a little better but I don't

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
upload_2016-6-20_14-7-38.png

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
well I put it like this ok if you don't like it or don't like the way I write then don't read that's all I have to say how I choose to write in my personal time is my own choice that post was meant for one person I didn't come on here to get a English lesson and I sure you guys aren't on here to give them so you guys aren't stupid you know when to breathe while reading something or when to stop I joined this forums to talk about my way of life martial arts period I use proper English in my professional life all the time so like I said when I don't want to I wont do it I didn't say you guys weren't worth me using proper grammar I just don't feel it excuse the hell out of me if I don't want you guys grammar cops so leave it alone im not stupid if I chose to do it then I will my post was meant to make a fellow warrior feel better so thank you for you criticism and talking like I wasn't here I truly appreciate
only thing wrong with my post is that it didn't have punctuation in it thank you very much for being jerks I really like that I wasn't bothering you so if you didn't have something positive say leave it alone period
Quite honestly i didn't even notice there was no punctuation until the people pointing it out. Got to love grammar nazis on a martial arts forum

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
Quite honestly i didn't even notice there was no punctuation until the people pointing it out. Got to love grammar nazis on a martial arts forum
i dont understand it they get caught up on little things and miss the big picture and people are really rude about it i don't understand

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sgraves, your age says 24 but you talk about 'schoolwork' how old are you actually?
I don't think you understand what we are here, we aren't being jerks but we are all serious, professional ( whether paid or not) martial artists, many are instructors, most have been training for many years, it's a serious place to discuss martial arts and things related to that. As well as being martial artists many of us are also professional people and we do tend to carry that over on here. We do like a laugh, we do try to help, yes we tend to argue but it's with punctuation!
If you write posts on here it's, we assume, to communicate with others, if it's a post aimed at just one then a PM is best. if you just post a stream of consciousness you are telling us you don't think we are worth the effort of writing in a way we can respond to. I'm afraid it is disrespectful to posters here, certainly your latter posts are just petulant. It's not about accepting people as they are, you'll find that posters here do but that's a two way thing, you aren't accepting the way we are here. We like things perhaps more academic than the social media you are used to, that's just the way it is here.

Incorrect for a number of reasons. Prose without punctuation...the grammar doesn't matter and no one was picking him up on it.... is very difficult to read. Without punctuation there is no sense in what is said so it comes out as nonsense. Without punctuation you can inadvertently say something you don't mean. You must have seem the meme, "proper punctuation and grammar means the difference between... Helping your Uncle, Jack, off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
It's also a bit disrespectful to other posters in that you don't think we are worth using proper English for.
and it not that i don't think somebody with worth using it this is supposed to be talking about martial art related stuff why be a grammar officer and why do you need to breathe while reading something in your head

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont understand it they get caught up on little things and miss the big picture and people are really rude about it i don't understand

It's because no one can read your posts so there is no bigger picture only you helping uncle jack.........

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and it not that i don't think somebody with worth using it this is supposed to be talking about martial art related stuff why be a grammar officer and why do you need to breathe while reading something in your head

I think you might need to go to the QMs and sign out a sense of humour......

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
It's because no one can reading your posts so there is no bigger picture only you helping uncle jack.........
why cant you read it is it in another language of some sorts and i think what you were trying to say is " no one can read your post " which i don't understand why you couldn't its in plain English

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions