Fighting to gain respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
well I put it like this ok if you don't like it or don't like the way I write then don't read that's all I have to say how I choose to write in my personal time is my own choice that post was meant for one person I didn't come on here to get a English lesson and I sure you guys aren't on here to give them so you guys aren't stupid you know when to breathe while reading something or when to stop I joined this forums to talk about my way of life martial arts period I use proper English in my professional life all the time so like I said when I don't want to I wont do it I didn't say you guys weren't worth me using proper grammar I just don't feel it excuse the hell out of me if I don't want you guys grammar cops so leave it alone im not stupid if I chose to do it then I will my post was meant to make a fellow warrior feel better so thank you for you criticism and talking like I wasn't here I truly appreciate
only thing wrong with my post is that it didn't have punctuation in it thank you very much for being jerks I really like that I wasn't bothering you so if you didn't have something positive say leave it alone period
Man WTF is wrong with you you're not writing to an A star grade see me after class for extra work and a detention.

Lol seriously people having a go at someone for not writing correctly? Tez said it's disrespectful not writing in the proper language I think it's more disrespectful having a go at someone for their choices. Anyway yes he chooses to write like that and it's his choice but you didnt know that at first he might've been dyslexic or had learning difficulties or English might not have been his first language. You didnt know if that was the case or not imagine if he did have that and he's got people making him feel worse. People need to think about other people's feelings and like what's been said this is a martial arts forum not a story writing website.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Quite honestly i didn't even notice there was no punctuation until the people pointing it out. Got to love grammar nazis on a martial arts forum
Personally, I'm not a stickler for grammar. But if all I see is a wall of words with no organization, I won't read it. Not trying to be rude.
If it was written with perfect punctuation, but in Spanish, I wouldn't read it either.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man WTF is wrong with you you're not writing to an A star grade see me after class for extra work and a detention.

Lol seriously people having a go at someone for not writing correctly? Tez said it's disrespectful not writing in the proper language I think it's more disrespectful having a go at someone for their choices. Anyway yes he chooses to write like that and it's his choice but you didnt know that at first he might've been dyslexic or had learning difficulties or English might not have been his first language. You didnt know if that was the case or not imagine if he did have that and he's got people making him feel worse. People need to think about other people's feelings and like what's been said this is a martial arts forum not a story writing website.

He's not dyslexic, he says he can write perfectly well in his 'professional life he just choses not to here. I assume you don't know that because you can't read his posts.

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think you might need to go to the QMs and sign out a sense of humour......
i do have a sense of humor i just didn't think what you said was funny its rude and my comment wasnt directed towards you it was direct towards another and you felt the need to comment on it cause of simply grammar situation and then continue to talk about it like i wouldn't see the comments or something i haven't been rude or anything to you and then claim its disrespectful and say i don't find people worth to use punctuation your assuming something that isn't true and making it look sound like i don't think much of people

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, since this conversation has changed completely, might as well add my own point. When you write long confusing paragraphs with no punctuation or organization, I don't read it. I didn't feel a need to point it out, and chose not to read it instead, and I'm sure that I am not alone in this.

If you want more people to read what you're writing, or to take it more seriously, write in at least a semi-proper way. If you don't care, then continue as you are :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do have a sense of humor, I just didn't think what you said was funny. It's rude and my comment wasn't directed towards you, it was direct towards another and you felt the need to comment on it because of simply grammar situation. Then continue to talk about it like I wouldn't see the comments or something. I haven't been rude or anything to you, and then claim it's disrespectful as well as saying I don't find people worthy of using punctuation for. You're assuming something that isn't true and making it look sound like I don't think much of people

Sorted for you.

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score

idk man if i thought i was writing in proper English and btw English is my first language im from the states lol i just don't understand why everyone is so hung up on it

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
He's not dyslexic, he says he can write perfectly well in his 'professional life he just choses not to here. I assume you don't know that because you can't read his posts.
Well you obviously can read them since you know what's in them so what's the issue?

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well, since this conversation has changed completely, might as well add my own point. When you write long confusing paragraphs with no punctuation or organization, I don't read it. I didn't feel a need to point it out, and chose not to read it instead, and I'm sure that I am not alone in this.

If you want more people to read what you're writing, or to take it more seriously, write in at least a semi-proper way. If you don't care, then continue as you are :)
what is not poper about it other then the fact i don't use punctuation i seriously want to know

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know, man, if I thought I was writing in proper English and btw English is my first language, I'm from the States lol I just don't understand why everyone is so hung up on it

because we can't read what you write and we'd like to. If we didn't want to communicate with you we'd all ignore you, we want to know what you are saying.

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
Personally, I'm not a stickler for grammar. But if all I see is a wall of words with no organization, I won't read it. Not trying to be rude.
If it was written with perfect punctuation, but in Spanish, I wouldn't read it either.
how does it not have organization its not like these words are jumbled or what im trying to say is plain English

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
what is not poper about it other then the fact i don't use punctuation i seriously want to know
That is what is not proper. Punctuation is important as it gives you a way to focus on what you are writing and prevent it from rambling, and it allows others to understand it in the way you intend as well. Otherwise we are stuck trying to decipher what you are writing. There's a reason english teachers teach punctuation, and it's not just because they find it fun to frustrate their students.

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
because we can't read what you write and we'd like to. If we didn't want to communicate with you we'd all ignore you, we want to know what you are saying.
how can you not understand what im saying cause there aren't any punctuation marks really that's stops you from understand what im talking about

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you obviously can read them since you know what's in them so what's the issue?

Actually it took me far longer than it should staring at the screen deciphering it, I had to take a break from the computer because my eyes were hurting afterwards. It was unpleasant and pointless, I shan't be doing it again.

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
Actually it took me far longer than it should staring at the screen deciphering it, I had to take a break from the computer because my eyes were hurting afterwards. It was unpleasant and pointless, I shan't be doing it again.
deciphering what its not like they are Chinese characters its plain English

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks,
We have rule that posting is generally to be in English, and that it should generally follow basic rules of grammar. That said, MT isn't English Comp 101, so we hope everyone can meet somewhere in the middle. If everyone makes a tolerable effort to write so that they can be understood, and not attack each other over the finer points of the pluperfect tense... Why, we might just be able to actually communicate and discuss the posts rather than the way they're posted.

With that said, perhaps we could try to get back to the original topic; wasn't it something about a family dispute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions