FACT VS FICTION

OP
Frank Dux

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm not hiding behind anything. I just don't have anything to prove by saying who I am. I'm here to discuss martial arts, not how awesome I think I am.

For the record, my Grandma has at least 3 impersonators on Facebook, so I don't think that's a huge selling point.

If you are here to discuss the topic Skribs than why don't you add to its discussion rather than focus on me?

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nonetheless, you appear to me to be condescending in your tone towards me. As I recall I did not mention anything about gossip surrounding myself until the door was being opened to what traditionally follows and I took the liberty of closing that door with my explanation. One that includes addressing the innuendo being circulated all over this forum that has not dealt with me fairly. Calling attention to the source of it so that all unaware of that reality may proceed without revisiting it and stay on topic.

I hope you will excuse my novice beginnings. In the past I watched Frank Dux impersonators go on threads to exploit my celebrity in order to drive traffic to them. Shammus was one such blog thread. Generally, making use of sensationalism., slander, libel and obfuscation others commercially uplift themselves at my hard earned reputation.

The very first thing you do is claim to be someone and then rant about people who claimed to be you. The fact it's become the main topic of discussion is not a conspiracy against you. It's the first thing you said, so it's the thing most people are going to discuss.

Pro tip for forums: if you want to discuss a topic, leave all other baggage out of the thread. You don't get to dictate what people talk about. That's not how discussions work.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you are here to discuss the topic Skribs than why don't you add to its discussion rather than focus on me?

You made the thread about you.

I'm not in this THREAD to discuss martial arts. I'm here on this FORUM to discuss martial arts. This thread is about you so I'm talking about you.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
If your Frank Dux....tell me something only Frank Dux would know?

;)

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
@Frank Dux
You’re claiming to be someone famous. People are going to be skeptical. Would you be skeptical if I claimed to be Donald Trump and started discussing politics?

Love it or hate it, a lot of controversy surrounds you. Is it unreasonable to think people aren’t going to ask you about the controversial stuff?

I asked a question about a claim you made that’s controversial. I asked it respectfully. I asked how it was possible to have 56 consecutive KOs in a single tournament. I didn’t accuse you of lying, nor did I knowingly imply it. I simply asked how that’s possible. You answered by saying it’s an ignorant question, then basically stated why Oyama’s 300 man kumite claim is accepted but your 56 ko claim isn’t. His is accepted because it’s plausible. 56 rounds in a single tournament doesn’t seem plausible. Not that it’s impossible, but I just wanted to know how you or anyone else could’ve fought 56 times in a single tournament. And I’m not making that number up, spreading false rumors, etc.; nor is anyone else because it’s on your own website.

I asked a simple question. I’m pretty sure most would agree it’s a fair question. I made no accusations. All I got in essence was I’m ignorant and it’s 56 ko because you say so. If you want intelligent, rational, and actual meaningful conversation, you shouldn’t attack people who are asking an honest question. You should answer an honest question with an honest answer.

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I detect either a breakdown in communication or what seems to be back peddling on your part. If you Midnight are being earnest I offer my apologies,. Unintentionally, offending others is what I expected being a novice when it comes to chats and following forum protocols.

Nonetheless, you appear to me to be condescending in your tone towards me. As I recall I did not mention anything about gossip surrounding myself until the door was being opened to what traditionally follows and I took the liberty of closing that door with my explanation. One that includes addressing the innuendo being circulated all over this forum that has not dealt with me fairly. Calling attention to the source of it so that all unaware of that reality may proceed without revisiting it and stay on topic.

The part I've highlighted in Bold is the biggest problem here. There is a theory in psychology called the "Ironic Process Theory" which states that the more you try and suppress a particular thought, the more likely you are to think about it. As you read this, I want you NOT under any circumstances to think about pink elephants. Chances are a pink elephant has popped into your mind, despite me telling you not to think about it. What you did in your opening post was the same thing. You told people not to consider or think about your identity or possible impostors, but in doing so you brought attention to it and that is all that people were able to focus on, rather than your topic about myths. If you hadn't mentioned anything about your identity or impostors chances are nobody else would have brought it up either.

It's also partly why we use online alias', because it allows us avoid getting bogged down by each other's social status and just focus on what we are talking about. The only time we actually talk about our real lives and identities is when they are relevant to the discussion at hand. Anyway, I suggest you leave this thread and start fresh, with a new topic that just talks about the topic you want to discuss, without any mention of your identity.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
First off this thread is called Fact vs Fiction not Frank Dux vs. Gossip

The first discussion point is now seemingly being overshadowed by the gossipy talk of haters who expect me to be dragged into defending a reputation not in need of defending.

If you find it necessary to prove I am who I say I am I suggest you do likewise, first. Post a photo of yourself holding your passport or valid license, ID card… not hide behind an avatar and made up name to possibly in your anonymity and unaccountability challenge my veracity. Lets be on equal footing.
Just to clarify, this is the first time I've asked someone to prove who they are. That is because you started off with identifying yourself as a public figure, and stated people impersonate you. If someone came on here stating they were president Trump, I would want verification, because then what they state would be viewed as Trump's (or in the case frank's) words. I have no reason to doubt that skribs is skribs, or that I'm portraying myself as someone else, since I'm not claiming to be anyone of importance.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Frank Dux, also this was your first two paragraphs

"I hope you will excuse my novice beginnings. In the past I watched Frank Dux impersonators go on threads to exploit my celebrity in order to drive traffic to them. Shammus was one such blog thread. Generally, making use of sensationalism., slander, libel and obfuscation others commercially uplift themselves at my hard earned reputation.

Even when reading a thread here about Beginning Ninjutsu, I, am trade libeled by being labeled "illegitimate.""
Pretty sure that's you directly bringing yourself up rather than the topic at hand.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
For those who didn't know, Neagan is a bad guy character on the TV series " The walking dead" and the line...I am Neagan...is central to the character and the surrounding plot.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
>>Sure I'm willing to prove it's me, just tell me how.

>>I refuse to offer any proof unless the person that asks doxes themselves first.

...ok then.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey everyone in the spirit of mr dux I got to admit something to....I'm Bruce lee
Did you play football at Fordham University? If so I know you.

Seriously, one of the football players I took care of at Fordham was named Bruce Lee. Unfortunately, he wasn’t the “Bruce Lee” of football. He was pretty average. Nice guy though. And he had the most badass name.

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
If I recall Mr. Dux learned ninjutsu from the koga yamabushi ryu, unfortunately there is no such thing or any Japanese seriously naming their ryuha this.

There are actually schools of yamabushi the daken school is one such school.
Anyway if people enjoy Mr.dux training well that is there business, a poster here a long time ago named Josh use to be a student of dux, in his opinion it is or was what it is or was nothing more. To think that after more than 20 years of internet forums in which Rick tew, Dallas Bryce, ashida Kim, and frank dux that the world of martial arts has pretty much forgotten of or cared about such arcane relics has come to martial talk
I think personally noone is interested have moved on. Sorry had to fix an edit my autospell thinks frank sounds better as drank.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If I recall Mr. Dux learned ninjutsu from the koga yamabushi ryu, unfortunately there is no such thing or any Japanese seriously naming their ryuha this.

There are actually schools of yamabushi the daken school is one such school.
Anyway if people enjoy Mr.dux training well that is there business, a poster here a long time ago named Josh use to be a student of dux, in his opinion it is or was what it is or was nothing more. To think that after more than 20 years of internet forums in which Rick tew, Dallas Bryce, ashida Kim, and frank dux that the world of martial arts has pretty much forgotten of or cared about such arcane relics has come to martial talk
I think personally noone is interested have moved on. Sorry had to fix an edit my autospell thinks frank sounds better as drank.

Because of course the real ninjas are making such a great impact on martial arts that we would need to separate the fakes.

OP
Frank Dux

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If the will "The REAL Frank Dux" stand up" from the old TV Show Whats My LIne not being the issue, I, raise ANOTHER FICTION VS. FACT DISCUSSION POINT.

FICTION: All Fights Can Be Ended By Using Reason & Compassion

OK, technically speaking this myth reflects the philosophy that most all of life’s problems can be solved by sitting down and talking things out rationally.

FACT: I my opinion based upon empirical data and experience that while fights may be avoided through one acquiring Tactical Communication skills (and that’s exactly what we at Dux Ryu encourage our students to do) this can also lure one's guard -- make one exceptionally vulnerable.

Theoretically, avoiding the fight altogether is the best defense. The simplest ways to do this is through one's skill sets heightening situational awareness -- as in listen to your gut instincts when it tells you don't get into that crowded elevator or be, PROACTIVE -- identify trouble areas in your community (your local police can tell you where the high crime areas are; these days they might even have it online). Just keep your wits and your calm about you.

The motive to inflict harm may be because the threat is under the influence; or mentally disturbed, or it may be because they’re depressed and pissed off at the world. Or poor. Or hungry. Or they’ve had a hard life. Or, occasionally, even because they’re just plain evil. The why doesn't matter in these situations but having the projectable measurable skills to neutralize violence using violence is what's relevant. Not looking pretty or being traditionally proficient when doing it, either.

OP
Frank Dux

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
@Frank Dux
You’re claiming to be someone famous. People are going to be skeptical. Would you be skeptical if I claimed to be Donald Trump and started discussing politics?

Love it or hate it, a lot of controversy surrounds you. Is it unreasonable to think people aren’t going to ask you about the controversial stuff?

I asked a question about a claim you made that’s controversial. I asked it respectfully. I asked how it was possible to have 56 consecutive KOs in a single tournament. I didn’t accuse you of lying, nor did I knowingly imply it. I simply asked how that’s possible. You answered by saying it’s an ignorant question, then basically stated why Oyama’s 300 man kumite claim is accepted but your 56 ko claim isn’t. His is accepted because it’s plausible. 56 rounds in a single tournament doesn’t seem plausible. Not that it’s impossible, but I just wanted to know how you or anyone else could’ve fought 56 times in a single tournament. And I’m not making that number up, spreading false rumors, etc.; nor is anyone else because it’s on your own website.

I asked a simple question. I’m pretty sure most would agree it’s a fair question. I made no accusations. All I got in essence was I’m ignorant and it’s 56 ko because you say so. If you want intelligent, rational, and actual meaningful conversation, you shouldn’t attack people who are asking an honest question. You should answer an honest question with an honest answer.

Well again, my intent wasn't to insult you or anyone else but close the door to trade libel.

First off, do not compare apples to oranges here. These tournaments are not run like a Kickboxing, Muay Thai, etc tournament in their format. Double elimination tournaments can go as long as 18 months before winner is declared and title awarded… like how Tennis Tours are run or Poker.

Then there is the format of fighting sixty matches period that can be spread out over two to three days. The determining decision is not determined by way of elimination but by the way in which what competitor wins the most matches and scores higher compared to his opponent whom one may not even face off against.

I hope this answers your question to your satisfaction.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
FICTION: All Fights Can Be Ended By Using Reason & Compassion

OK, technically speaking this myth reflects the philosophy that most all of life’s problems can be solved by sitting down and talking things out rationally.
Is there a reason why you are posting this? The supposed purpose of this thread is to flush out fact vs fiction. However while a belief about compassion would be a fiction, I have never heard anyone profess this concept in my 35 years of MA. So it would appear that the fiction is irrelevant. Can you point out who believes this. They are your words and the exact wording is critical in this instance.

OP
Frank Dux

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Because of course the real ninjas are making such a great impact on martial arts that we would need to separate the fakes.

I feel so sorry for you as you bought into this real vs fake ninja trade libel spin up. The notion this exists is used to eliminate fair trade -- beginning since it's rabid commercialization as being a martial art title in the 1980's. There is no such title as the word "ninja" is merely a 20th century invented term used to describe what someone is doing and NOT WHAT THE ARE.

If I played basketball on a court would that make me a fake basketball player? Of course not. That's how ridiculous and misleading the statement is to assert someone could be a fake ninja. This again betrays a level of ignorance.

Latest Discussions