FACT VS FICTION

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I hope you will excuse my novice beginnings. In the past I watched Frank Dux impersonators go on threads to exploit my celebrity in order to drive traffic to them. Shammus was one such blog thread. Generally, making use of sensationalism., slander, libel and obfuscation others commercially uplift themselves at my hard earned reputation.

Even when reading a thread here about Beginning Ninjutsu, I, am trade libeled by being labeled "illegitimate."

This is an absurdity when in actuality if we refer to scholarly academic determinations there is no basis for making the illegitimate or illegitimate argument status. This is because the term ninjutsu is interchangeable with the English term Spy-craft ot Tradecraft -- as it is NOT A MARTIAL ART.

The terminology Ninjutsu is a turn of the 20th century invention that reflects an operating philosophy with traceable roots that only go back as far as the forensic evidence-- e.g. Japanese scrolls, like the Bansenshukai, etc. If you are hearing otherwise someone is either intentionally or inadvertently misleading you.

Attachments

• Artesia Daily Article copy.JPG
    Artesia Daily Article copy.JPG
    538.1 KB · Views: 274

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I will be the first to admit I know very little about Ninjutsu but I think popular modern media is partly responsible for Ninjutsu's reputation as a "phony" Martial Art. Anyone who is familiar with Japanese Manga or Anime has probably heard of the Naruto series, one of the biggest franchises of that genre. The characters in Naruto are all Ninja who use a combination of Taijutsu (basic hand-to-hand combat), Genjutsu (mind tricks and illusions) and Ninjutsu, which they treat as effectively being magic. You can do pretty much anything in the Naruto universe using Ninjutsu, even things that are about as far away from the Ninja stereotype as you can get. Summon a giant stone golem to attack your foe? Ninjutsu. Throw a ball of fire at someone? Ninjutsu. Create a lightning storm to make you the fastest person in the world? Ninjutsu. When you elevate a term to such a state and then take that term outside the fantasy universe, it's no wonder that people don't take the term seriously and consider it to be fake.

OP
Frank Dux

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Midnight, your statement is a very well stated observable truth. What amazes me is how the fantasy role playing carries over into commercial martial arts world. Where reality and fiction are viewed and peddled as one in the same: e.g. mysticism being sold through home study courses and seminars, etc. Throwing Chi balls and people falling -- achieved by way of mass hypnosis.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope you will excuse my novice beginnings. In the past I watched Frank Dux impersonators go on threads to exploit my celebrity in order to drive traffic to them. Shammus was one such blog thread. Generally, making use of sensationalism., slander, libel and obfuscation others commercially uplift themselves at my hard earned reputation.

Even when reading a thread here about Beginning Ninjutsu, I, am trade libeled by being labeled "illegitimate."

This is an absurdity when in actuality if we refer to scholarly academic determinations there is no basis for making the illegitimate or illegitimate argument status. This is because the term ninjutsu is interchangeable with the English term Spy-craft ot Tradecraft -- as it is NOT A MARTIAL ART.

The terminology Ninjutsu is a turn of the 20th century invention that reflects an operating philosophy with traceable roots that only go back as far as the forensic evidence-- e.g. Japanese scrolls, like the Bansenshukai, etc. If you are hearing otherwise someone is either intentionally or inadvertently misleading you.
So this question may be going against one of the forum rules, and if so I'm sure another forum member will inform me.

You mentioned that there are a lot of frank dux impersonators on threads...Do you have any evidence that you are actually Frank Dux and not one of those impersonators?

OP
Frank Dux

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
So this question may be going against one of the forum rules, and if so I'm sure another forum member will inform me.

You mentioned that there are a lot of frank dux impersonators on threads...Do you have any evidence that you are actually Frank Dux and not one of those impersonators?

What works for you? How can I prove this now? Here?

OP
Frank Dux

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
FOR DISCUSSION: Agree or Disagree? MY OPINION:

FICTION: Super Secret Ancient Knowledge of Awesomeness IS BEST

The older and more pure a martial art is, the better. The fewer people who have studied it, the better. The less well known it is, the better. And all modern martial arts are just “watered down” versions of these ancient secrets.

FACT: Go ask a COMBAT VETERAN if the oldest “martial” fighting systems are the most effective. That noise you here is their laughter.

What was that? You can’t hear it over the roar of a cruise missile or thewhump-whump-whump of bullets flying by your head or what about how to cover and conceal yourself using your stealth against an Apache attack helicopter?

Yeah, me either. But trust me, it’s there.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Upload a picture of you holding a handwritten sign that says martial talk in your left hand and with your right hand on your chest.
This may be a joke, but that would actually work. Or with the date on it. I' not sure if requesting that is a violation of the rules though.

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
FOR DISCUSSION: Agree or Disagree? MY OPINION:

FICTION: Super Secret Ancient Knowledge of Awesomeness IS BEST

The older and more pure a martial art is, the better. The fewer people who have studied it, the better. The less well known it is, the better. And all modern martial arts are just “watered down” versions of these ancient secrets.

FACT: Go ask a COMBAT VETERAN if the oldest “martial” fighting systems are the most effective. That noise you here is their laughter.

What was that? You can’t hear it over the roar of a cruise missile or thewhump-whump-whump of bullets flying by your head or what about how to cover and conceal yourself using your stealth against an Apache attack helicopter?

Yeah, me either. But trust me, it’s there.

Well now we are getting into the sticky territory of whether Martial Arts should evolve or stay "pure", which is a topic that has occurred on this forum many times with no decisive conclusion. What I will say is that our perception of what is possible is constantly changing. In the words of Arthur C Clarke "magic is just science that we don't understand yet". When the mechanics of levers and pulleys were discovered I'm sure a lot of people thought it was magic, when in fact there is a perfectly good scientific explanation that a lot of people understand today.

Fighting has had similar mysticism surrounding it. Being able to use a large person's size and strength against them has been present in Martial Arts for centuries, but it's only recently that we fully understand how it happens thanks to advances in physics and biomechanics. Magic and mysticism turns into science.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
im sorry Frank but you know what, i dont know who you are. honestly i dont care. your post about the slander of your name is better off being taken up one on one with the person in question or as a reply to a specific comment not a public post in a general forum.
respect from many here on MT is gained by your contribution to the forums and the quality of your posts. the fact that your name may be recognizable by some doesnt add weight to the quality of your opinions. i hope you understand that coming on the boards and announcing your arrival doesnt really put you in a good light.

if you want to contribute to some conversations, welcome to MT.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
im sorry Frank but you know what, i dont know who you are. honestly i dont care. your post about the slander of your name is better off being taken up one on one with the person in question or as a reply to a specific comment not a public post in a general forum.
respect from many here on MT is gained by your contribution to the forums and the quality of your posts. the fact that your name may be recognizable by some doesnt add weight to the quality of your opinions. i hope you understand that coming on the boards and announcing your arrival doesnt really put you in a good light.

if you want to contribute to some conversations, welcome to MT.

This is what I was thinking. There are a lot of Frank Dux impersonators...okay, but who is Frank Dux in the first place?

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Frank but you know what, i dont know who you are. honestly i dont care. your post about the slander of your name is better off being taken up one on one with the person in question or as a reply to a specific comment not a public post in a general forum.

What? You never seen Bloodsport?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Dux is a choreographer with a sketchy reputation. You can read threads about him and his system in the "Horror Stories" and "Great Debate" sub-forums. I haven't personally checked, but I'm sure there will be a thread or two about him on Bullshido as well.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have no idea who Negan is but this is me....notice the Current "New" word in the bottom left corner as proof

1e3803d967c74075bfa23be048be47dd.jpg

Some say I bear a striking resemblance to Donnie Yen... which may are surprised by....since, by ancestry, I am mostly German :D

Latest Discussions