Experience in a SD seminar

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have written a detailed, step by step way to fix the entire problem. But I'm not about to post it.

See this tree?

View attachment 21711

I buried it at the base of this tree on Maui during a rainbow.

Come get it. I have beer and pizza. :)

Is it near a long rock wall with a big oak tree at the north end? and under it I'll find a rock that has no earthly business in a Maui hayfield. Piece of black, volcanic glass...and I'll find something buried underneath it?.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably :)

The worst was 3rd grade - ex-nun from iron curtain Poland. She slapped me around a few times. I didn’t know it until a few years ago, but apparently my father physically threatened her in a parent-teacher conference with the principal present. He told her “if you hit my son again, I’ll hit you. You want to put your hands on someone who you shouldn’t put your hands on? I’ll return the favor. You’ve been warned.” That was the 3rd meeting they had with her about hitting me.

This was the early 80s when people weren’t immediately arrested or fired for stuff like that. My mother told me that story a few years ago. That was the third meeting they had about hitting me. Best part of it was I wasn’t close to being the worst behaved kid in that class, and I got it less than most others.
Yeah, around that time I was in a homeroom class with a teacher who threw things at students. At least once, that included a desktop stapler.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it near a long rock wall with a big oak tree at the north end? and under it I'll find a rock that has no earthly business in a Maui hayfield. Piece of black, volcanic glass...and I'll find something buried underneath it?.
Well, except that black volcanic glass has all kinds of earthly business being in a Maui hayfield. It's the hayfield that has no earthly business being around that rock.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, except that black volcanic glass has all kinds of earthly business being in a Maui hayfield. It's the hayfield that has no earthly business being around that rock.

SHEESH...technicalities... ok then

Is it near a long rock wall with a big oak tree, that has no earthly business in a Maui, at the north end? and under it I'll find a rock in a Maui hayfield that also has no earthly business in a Maui at all. Piece of black, volcanic glass...and I'll find something buried underneath it?.

There...now are you happy....

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SHEESH...technicalities... ok then

Is it near a long rock wall with a big oak tree, that has no earthly business in a Maui, at the north end? and under it I'll find a rock in a Maui hayfield that also has no earthly business in a Maui at all. Piece of black, volcanic glass...and I'll find something buried underneath it?.

There...now are you happy....
Much better. Thank you.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
ShawshankWait,What?.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See Xue Sheng’s video.

Here I was thinking you’re a Seinfeld guy. You let me down with that one.
I’ve seen most -maybe all - of Seinfeld. But probably only once, and as the Hobbit can attest, my memory for any detail is weak. I have to watch something many times to integrate much memory.

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I’ve seen most -maybe all - of Seinfeld. But probably only once, and as the Hobbit can attest, my memory for any detail is weak. I have to watch something many times to integrate much memory.

Welcome to the old dudes club lol......it only get worse btw lol

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I’ve got really weird memory issues - I can’t remember a to do list to save my life. Long term memory - I don’t forget ANYTHING.

Through the first few years of our relationship, my wife thought I was making up short term memory issues. Completely unrelated to it, I took what’s called the impact test, which is a computerized pre-screening concussion test I was giving to my athletes at the time. According to it, my short term memory was in the 2nd percentile (for those who don’t know what that means, 98% of the people who’ve taken that test had a better short term memory score than me). My reaction time was 98% percentile.

I printed the results and showed my boss, who was trying to be the cool guy saying his reaction time was better than most of our athletes’. I buried him on the reaction time. Then I highlighted the short term memory and wrote “now you can’t hold it against me when you ask me to do something and I forget!” That place was a zoo.

I gave a copy to my wife too.

OP
Monkey Turned Wolf

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve got really weird memory issues - I can’t remember a to do list to save my life. Long term memory - I don’t forget ANYTHING.

Through the first few years of our relationship, my wife thought I was making up short term memory issues. Completely unrelated to it, I took what’s called the impact test, which is a computerized pre-screening concussion test I was giving to my athletes at the time. According to it, my short term memory was in the 2nd percentile (for those who don’t know what that means, 98% of the people who’ve taken that test had a better short term memory score than me). My reaction time was 98% percentile.

I printed the results and showed my boss, who was trying to be the cool guy saying his reaction time was better than most of our athletes’. I buried him on the reaction time. Then I highlighted the short term memory and wrote “now you can’t hold it against me when you ask me to do something and I forget!” That place was a zoo.

I gave a copy to my wife too.
How does one take this test? I'm curious to see how bad my short term memory is

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
How does one take this test? I'm curious to see how bad my short term memory is

We had to pay for a license/subscription/whatever it’s called. Athletes would sign in under our school’s account and take a pre-season test as a baseline, then retake it after a concussion. We’d compare the pre-test to the post-concussion test as part of our decision on return to activity.

So long story short, unless you know someone with a license, you’re probably not going to be able to take it. And it’s a pretty in-depth test on several areas at once, so you’d probably come away thinking it wasn’t worth it for that one thing.

If you know someone in sports medicine like a physician, athletic trainer, etc., ask them if they use it and if you can take the test. It’s basically become standard protocol in colleges athletics and larger high school athletics. I know a few physicians who use it too.

Home | Concussion Management | ImPACT Applications Inc.

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I gave a copy to my wife too

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I thought it was just women that suffered from short term memory loss lol.................ie when they kinda over use the old credit card as they just had to have the handbag lol........then forgot to ummmm mention that and you go to pay for gas and it gets declined lol.....been there done that lol......................I then did suffer short term memory loss when I raised the issue ...she kicked my *** and I was left dazed in a heep lol

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I thought it was just women that suffered from short term memory loss lol.................ie when they kinda over use the old credit card as they just had to have the handbag lol........then forgot to ummmm mention that and you go to pay for gas and it gets declined lol.....been there done that lol......................I then did suffer short term memory loss when I raised the issue ...she kicked my *** and I was left dazed in a heep lol
dont let her fool you. she remembers every single time you forgot to take the trash out.

D

Deleted member 39746

At this point, you should just remake the post as most of the forum will know about your self defence experience. :p

Latest Discussions