discrimination and Gay softball teams

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, it is WRONG to discriminate against someone based on their sexual preference UNLESS they are HETEROSEXUAL.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So, it is WRONG to discriminate against someone based on their sexual preference UNLESS they are HETEROSEXUAL.

this surprises you?
its generally thought of as ok at this point in time to discriminate against White people, straight people, conservative people, and upper class people.

If they are attacked its considered ok because they have it good, if anyone else is attacked its considered racist, sexist, some other ist..or just plain hate speech.

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Gee, Gays discriminate against Heteros over softball and Heteros discriminate against Gays over marriage. Yup, I understand why you find it sooo bitchworthy. After all, softball is important, marriage is not.

Move along folks, no story here...

:barf:

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Gee, Gays discriminate against Heteros over softball and Heteros discriminate against Gays over marriage. Yup, I understand why you find it sooo bitchworthy. After all, softball is important, marriage is not.

Move along folks, no story here...

:barf:

no story here? insert whites in place of homosexuals and you have a whole different story.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I sure will, once you insert blacks in place of gays.

show me the proof that homosexuality is a birth trait instead of a lifestyle choice.

personally I could care less if homosexuals get married, I think its stupid for anyone to get married unless they hare planning on haviing a family, but thats a whole other discussion.
besides replace homosexuals with Blacks in the softball case, and you get the same thing... the majority of people will leave it alone, but make it white and whammo you automatically get people coming out throwing the nazi and KKK and aryan stereotypes around.
my problem is not that I want an all white baseball team, my problem is I want this crap to be looked at equally across the board, not just when it matches a certain groups agendas.

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Here, I'll fulfill both of our requrements:

SEATTLE – A black softball organization that runs an annual tournament called the Black Softball World Series can keep its rule limiting the number of white players on each team, a federal judge has ruled.
The decision came in a lawsuit filed by three men who say they were disqualified from the annual tournament because they weren’t black enough.
They said in the suit filed last year that their team’s second-place finish in the 2008 tournament in Washington state was nullified because they are mixed-race, not black, and thus their team exceeded the limit of two non-black players.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Here, I'll fulfill both of our requrements:

Lol that is just so ridiculous for so many reasons... this country will never get over race as long as crap like that is going on..

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
show me the proof that homosexuality is a birth trait instead of a lifestyle choice.

Kallman in 1952 found a concordance rate of 100% of homosexuality between monozygotic (identical) twins (37 pairs); among dizygotic (fraternal) twins, the concordance rate was 11.5% (26 pairs).

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Lol that is just so ridiculous for so many reasons... this country will never get over race as long as crap like that is going on..
Absolutely! Which is why I can't figure out why your country is as ****ed up as it is over race.

And the original text wa from billcihak's link, just modified by me. ;)

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kallman in 1952 found a concordance rate of 100% of homosexuality between monozygotic (identical) twins (37 pairs); among dizygotic (fraternal) twins, the concordance rate was 11.5% (26 pairs).

The problem with homosexual rights in America is solely because no group have proven that its a trait of birth... like race... things that are unable to be changed as much as another group may want you to change them. The vast majority of Americans believe Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, not a trait that a person is born with and can not change. I have said it for years, people fighting for homosexual rights are doing themselves the worst disservice possible in the way they are trying to fight for them. They are trying to use threatening tactics, trying to compare it to the black civil rights movement, trying to make people feel ashamed for denying homosexual rights, etc.. instead of just coming up with proof that its a trait of birth and going from there. Until that argument is satisfied the country will probably never have a majority support for homosexual rights, when it is proven I think a vast majority will support homosexual rights... of course you cant kill ignorance and stupidity but the remaining small portion of people who would deny it at that point would not matter.
At this point there is no proof. Only theories, and there are far to many cases of "cured" homosexuals or homosexuals who changed their lifestyles and become heterosexual for anyone to believe anything other then what they are going to believe without hard proof. Your numbers? they mean nothing.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
...instead of just coming up with proof that its a trait of birth and going from there. ...Your numbers? they mean nothing.

:lol: Your own reply demonstrates how futile providing proof is. You asked for it, I provided it, and you immediately dismissed it, and I know you didn't read the paper first.

Your own words prove your argument wrong.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
:lol: Your own reply demonstrates how futile providing proof is. You asked for it, I provided it, and you immediately dismissed it, and I know you didn't read the paper first.

Your own words prove your argument wrong.

no those stats you gave prove nothing, even you could pick the study apart easily.. the people chosen were hand picked etc...

You have no clue what my personal opinion is, and my personal opinion doesn't even matter. I live in California, I have homosexual students in martial arts, I have homosexual renters in my apartments, I have homosexual neighbors, I have homosexual friends...we dont hang out at the same clubs :) haha I did vote against homosexual marriage here in California, but then again I think marriage period is to easy, to lightly taken, and I think the vast majority of people getting married shouldnt be getting married as it is... If I had my way government would be out of the marriage business all together, if there was a vote for removing the two I would vote for it, the fact remains until they say WHAM here is the gay gene..... there will not be proof. the study you gave is not proof, its a trend based on who they picked. Too many factors could invalidate such a small study. Like I said even you can easily pick it apart, you just choose not to, and I did not have to read about it to make that comment... show me the gay gene... thats what its going to take to prove it to America../shrug until then its a lifestyle choice in our country as much as you, me, or anyone else may agree or disagree about it.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gee, Gays discriminate against Heteros over softball and Heteros discriminate against Gays over marriage.

OHHHH. I get it. There are reasons Discrimination IS ok. Now, lets decide who gets to Pick. I vote for Straight White Christian Males.

*rolls eyes*

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
the study you gave is not proof, its a trend based on who they picked. Too many factors could invalidate such a small study.

How do you know? You admitted yourself that you didn't read it, so you have no idea what the selection criteria or methodology was. There are also other studies that show a range of heritabilities of homosexuality. Did you bother searching for them? If you have no problem with gays, why are you so eager to instantly dismiss the evidence out there without even looking at it first?

show me the gay gene... thats what its going to take to prove it to America..

Here is where you show your ignorance of genetics. There is no single "gay gene", that's been obvious for a long time, since homosexuals and their offspring do not display simple Mendelian inheritance.

That doesn't mean it isn't genetic though. There is no single "hair color gene" either - do you deny that hair color is genetically determined? Do the terms "incomplete penetrance" or "blended inheritance" mean anything to you? If not, you have no idea what you are even asking for.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
And for another thing, why is it important whether or not homosexuality is genetic before we establish basic rights and equal protection? Would you claim we should be perfectly content to discriminate against gun owners or Catholics because that is a "choice" and not genetic either?

Free society anyone?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I think it's both. I think there are people who are genetically predispositioned to it, I think there are some people who's psycology pushes them to it, (childhood abuse, neglect, etc) and I think there are people who pick it for the kink.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
How do you know? You admitted yourself that you didn't read it, so you have no idea what the selection criteria or methodology was. There are also other studies that show a range of heritabilities of homosexuality. Did you bother searching for them? If you have no problem with gays, why are you so eager to instantly dismiss the evidence out there without even looking at it first?

Here is where you show your ignorance of genetics. There is no single "gay gene", that's been obvious for a long time, since homosexuals and their offspring do not display simple Mendelian inheritance.

That doesn't mean it isn't genetic though. There is no single "hair color gene" either - do you deny that hair color is genetically determined? Do the terms "incomplete penetrance" or "blended inheritance" mean anything to you? If not, you have no idea what you are even asking for.

stop making it personal...
I am talking in general. I have no problem with homosexuals having equal rights to me.
I swear some of you people can not have a discussion without getting all pissy and cranky.
like I said I dont have to see the article because such a limited group being used is able to be picked apart easily, and even you could do it even though you want to use it as your proof, its not proof and there is a reason for it. Its a neat little research group to pull to try to make a point but its not proof of anything.
and no they do not have a gene for hair color but a couple genes, and while it does not explain all the different variations they are extremely close to having the answers, where as in homosexuality they have nothing at all. Thats the point, they are figuring out the genetic code and showing the codes for different aspects that people are born with and then narrowing it down... the real question in these studies is when they do finally narrow down certain genes for specific things how will they be able to manipulate them to make changes on purpose... some might be good... say genetic heart conditions, changing them to be healthy normal hearts... but in some others it will be a much different thing... say they find a violence gene... do they remove it and replace it or not? What if there is a homosexual gene or group of genes... do they allow it or alter it? But if Homosexuality is a trait of birth and not a lifestyle choice based on a genetic code, and say so is a gene that makes a a violent streak, how do you justify accepting one and not the other? like I said personally I could care less who does what as long as they do not effect me, change my lifestyle, or put their crap on my kids. I simply said until its proven the majority of americans are not going to accept it, and then if and when it is, what if other current "lifestyle" choices are as well.... and what if some of those that are currently considered criminal are proven to be as well.... do we accept them? Change them? eliminate them? or what?...but I am curious if they find homosexual genes so to speak to prove that its not a lifestyle choice, will they find genes that also make some people like blond hair, or green eyes, or big boobs, or big butts in a potential lifepartner?
lol

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
OHHHH. I get it. There are reasons Discrimination IS ok. Now, lets decide who gets to Pick. I vote for Straight White Christian Males.

*rolls eyes*
I was going to reply to this, but rereading it I realized that your reply is ridiculous (not my first choice of word) enough that it doesn't even warrant one.

:rolleyes:

Latest Discussions