discrimination and Gay softball teams

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
And for another thing, why is it important whether or not homosexuality is genetic before we establish basic rights and equal protection? Would you claim we should be perfectly content to discriminate against gun owners or Catholics because that is a "choice" and not genetic either?

Free society anyone?

oh but we do discriminate against gun owners and catholics.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Gee, Gays discriminate against Heteros over softball and Heteros discriminate against Gays over marriage. Yup, I understand why you find it sooo bitchworthy. After all, softball is important, marriage is not.

Move along folks, no story here...

:barf:

disagree, there is a story here, a big story

do as we say, not as we do

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just think the story is funny and explains a lot about the left. When you see people today who compain about racism, or homophobia, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the others, they are not complaining about dismcrimination really. What they are really complaining about is that they aren't the ones who are ABLE to discriminate against others as easily. If they were really against discrimination, whatever form it may take, they would be against all discrimination. They aren't. They simply want the roles reversed, as is shown in this article.

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just think the story is funny and explains a lot about the left. When you see people today who compain about racism, or homophobia, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the others, they are not complaining about dismcrimination really. What they are really complaining about is that they aren't the ones who are ABLE to discriminate against others as easily. If they were really against discrimination, whatever form it may take, they would be against all discrimination. They aren't. They simply want the roles reversed, as is shown in this article.

a - people.

discrimination is discrimination, no matter who does it.

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
disagree, there is a story here, a big story

do as we say, not as we do
Every side is guilty of that particular philosophy, and every side has a tendency to forget that their particular side likes to apply it to others while believing they should be immune to it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IF it is bad to discriminate, it is ALWAYS bad

Isn't it discrimination to blame the 'left' for everything even when the left isn't actually the left but the right or even the middle but is deemed the left because some wazzock in the media says it is?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unless it is true

the truth is the ultimate defense

Well sometimes it's a matter of opinion. The American definition of a Liberal is very different from ours, our Liberals aren't on the left, they don't believe what your liberals believe in, ours are centre right. Do you include our Liberals in the definition of being left? If you do and you are claiming all Liberals are left, it's not the truth at all.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd just like to end tax payer subsidization and preferential treatment to the Mormon Youth Movement's Anti-Gay Brigade, err I mean the Boy Scouts of America. But that's a different argument I think. As to the choice vs wiring issue, debunked that repeatedly the last few years, scroll back a few pages to the Prop 8 threads. It's in there. It's wiring.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i would say the jury is still out on that one.

And the boy scouts? is there anything you wont piss on....lol

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'd just like to end tax payer subsidization and preferential treatment to the Mormon Youth Movement's Anti-Gay Brigade, err I mean the Boy Scouts of America. But that's a different argument I think. As to the choice vs wiring issue, debunked that repeatedly the last few years, scroll back a few pages to the Prop 8 threads. It's in there. It's wiring.

nobody has been able to show proof that its in the wiring, loots of studies are provided that insinuate it, but the results have always been able to be debated. With a topic as controversial as homosexuality apparantly is in the US its going to take nothing less then irrefutable proof.. Like I said before though I live in California, I really don't see any issues other then the marriage issue that there is a problem from, and to be honest I want government out of marriage all together so I see no problem with that.

in regards to the boy scouts I see no reason for the government to fund them. Of course i see no reason for the government to fund anything but the military, a few public works projects either lol..

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
nobody has been able to show proof that its in the wiring, loots of studies are provided that insinuate it, but the results have always been able to be debated. With a topic as controversial as homosexuality apparantly is in the US its going to take nothing less then irrefutable proof..

Even if there is concrete evidence, Americans wouldn't understand it anyways. We've understood Evolution by Natural Selection for over a century, and the American public proves ignorant when it comes to that as well. Unbelievable.

For those who believe homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, I am interested in when 'you' chose to be heterosexual. hmm?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would wonder though if it were a 'lifestyle' choice why people would choose to be gay in places where you are killed for it, or locked up or shunned etc.

I can't see why it matters whether people 'choose' to be gay or not, it's such an old argument. Either it's equal rights for everyone or it's not, trying to work out why they are gay is clouding the argument and making it seem as if gay people are deliberarly being 'awkward' just to annoy people. If someone tells me they they are gay, they are gay as far as I'm concerned. I don't care and don't think about why they are gay.

Luckily I know nothing about softball, give me cricket everytime, yes there's gays in cricket, rugby and football here, no one cares, all that's important is whether they win or not! perhaps these softball players were getting bullied or abused by non gay teams, perhaps the other non gays teams didn't feel comfortable with the gay players...anyone ask any of the players how they feel?

As for Scouting, yes we have gays there too, it's also self funding and as we are the 'parent unit and founder' of Scouting I think we can safely say we are leaders here again. The Scouting Association actively supports gays, has brought advice videos out and gay Scouts are allowed to wear their uniforms on Pride marches etc. Scouting is for everyone, as it should be.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Scouting in the US has been overtaken by the Mormon Church, the nice people who spent a buttload of cash fighting the "evil" of gay marriage. They are allowed to deny membership to gay children, eject gay scout masters, and actively discriminate against them. They also get tax payer funding, and little perks like being able to lease public lands for $1 (no one else can do that btw). They also don't like non-Christians very much. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scouts_of_America_membership_controversies

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scouting in the US has been overtaken by the Mormon Church, the nice people who spent a buttload of cash fighting the "evil" of gay marriage. They are allowed to deny membership to gay children, eject gay scout masters, and actively discriminate against them. They also get tax payer funding, and little perks like being able to lease public lands for $1 (no one else can do that btw). They also don't like non-Christians very much. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scouts_of_America_membership_controversies

Not in the Baden-Powell tradition! I should think he's rolling in his grave at this.
While nominally a Christian organisation in tune with the times it was formed in, here it has always been welcoming to non Christians. Nowadays, it's open to females and gays, it stresses equality, compassion, moral character and having fun. It's a really great organisation which has a huge lot to offer young people. Politicians and many others could take a leaf out of their book and we'd end up with a much better societies.