discrimination and Gay softball teams

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The US program today little resembles the one started by Baden-Powell unfortunately. Which is a pity as I quite enjoyed my time in the program in the 80's.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Even if there is concrete evidence, Americans wouldn't understand it anyways. We've understood Evolution by Natural Selection for over a century, and the American public proves ignorant when it comes to that as well. Unbelievable.

For those who believe homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, I am interested in when 'you' chose to be heterosexual. hmm?

ya we all get you are anti religion to the point of being fanatical about it.
the problem as i see it is, Christianity at least, and evolution are not mutually exclusive and as far as I see it coexist completely together without contradiction. So that first point of yours is moot as far as I am concerned.

the last comment does not make sense, since pretty much all them main religious texts I know of push to procreate, make more kids and thus more followers of said religion, and evolution also forces species to procreate to carry forth and evolve. Anyone arguing against you will simply say that being heterosexual is natural according to the bible, koran, etc and also according to evolution, and any choice against it is exactly that a choice...

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would wonder though if it were a 'lifestyle' choice why people would choose to be gay in places where you are killed for it, or locked up or shunned etc.

I can't see why it matters whether people 'choose' to be gay or not, it's such an old argument. Either it's equal rights for everyone or it's not, trying to work out why they are gay is clouding the argument and making it seem as if gay people are deliberarly being 'awkward' just to annoy people. If someone tells me they they are gay, they are gay as far as I'm concerned. I don't care and don't think about why they are gay.

Luckily I know nothing about softball, give me cricket everytime, yes there's gays in cricket, rugby and football here, no one cares, all that's important is whether they win or not! perhaps these softball players were getting bullied or abused by non gay teams, perhaps the other non gays teams didn't feel comfortable with the gay players...anyone ask any of the players how they feel?

As for Scouting, yes we have gays there too, it's also self funding and as we are the 'parent unit and founder' of Scouting I think we can safely say we are leaders here again. The Scouting Association actively supports gays, has brought advice videos out and gay Scouts are allowed to wear their uniforms on Pride marches etc. Scouting is for everyone, as it should be.

see there is the thing.. I don't care if someone is gay, I don't want it thrown in my face because then it pisses me off, just like having two horny teenagers trying to dry hump each other in a park while my 5 and 3 year olds want to play... go get a damn room, take care of your crap there, I don't want to know how you screw, or care how you screw.. I don't want to join in with you, so go have some decency and leave me alone.

in regards to teams I could care less, I do not watch sports to see who is gay and who likes big boobs. I could care less how the gay players feel, hwo the straight players feel, etc... other then maybe after they win the championships in general, or after a great player does something great... sexual preference in sports? who cares really? I dont care what players are doing, who they are doing as long as they are not breaking the law....i.e. the Kobe rape trial....

I also don't care is gays are involved in scouting, as long as they are not discussing with my kids. I also dont want heterosexual scoutmasters discussing sticking to their wife the night before with my kids either. I definitely do not want either of them touching my kids, but as long as they are dressed in the expected uniform, go over the expected activities, and are able to guide, direct, and advise my kids in the scouts activities and goals then I do not care.

once again, besides marriage what rights do homosexuals not have?
any?
like I said before and keep saying remove marriage from government and replace with a nice sterile process that allows heterosexual couples, homosexual couples, friends living together, groups of people living together, etc share in the benefits that a current married couple have, and just leave marriage to each individual religion, or group to handle as they choose.
My marriage is a union between my wife and me, with my family and friends as witnesses and pledged defenders of my marriage, to look out for my wife and my best interests and advise us if they ever see us step out of line or in need of help. My government has nothing to do with my marriage other then some Tax breaks that should be available to anyone who lives together and works for some common goal or goals, and some authority in regards to my kids and wife and finances, another item that should be available to a dedicated pair raising a child, or a dedicated pair who plans to look out for each others best interests or depends on each other.... regardless of whether love is involved in that or not.

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
ya we all get you are anti religion to the point of being fanatical about it.
the problem as i see it is, Christianity at least, and evolution are not mutually exclusive and as far as I see it coexist completely together without contradiction. So that first point of yours is moot as far as I am concerned.
I'm not talking about religion here. I was just stating that there is scientific evidence that many don't understand. So if there is a lot of scientific evidence that says homosexuality is genetic, many will not accept it anyway. Someone a couple days ago on here said that their opinion can't be changed on this. So how is it moot? I didn't bring Christianity up, but if you wanna talk about it, that's fine.
the last comment does not make sense, since pretty much all them main religious texts I know of push to procreate, make more kids and thus more followers of said religion, and evolution also forces species to procreate to carry forth and evolve. Anyone arguing against you will simply say that being heterosexual is natural according to the bible, koran, etc and also according to evolution, and any choice against it is exactly that a choice...
The argument is that sexual orientation is a choice. I'm just interested in when everybody chose to be heterosexual. What's the problem?

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not talking about religion here. I was just stating that there is scientific evidence that many don't understand. So if there is a lot of scientific evidence that says homosexuality is genetic, many will not accept it anyway. Someone a couple days ago on here said that their opinion can't be changed on this. So how is it moot? I didn't bring Christianity up, but if you wanna talk about it, that's fine. The argument is that sexual orientation is a choice. I'm just interested in when everybody chose to be heterosexual. What's the problem?

there is not one person on this planet that understands all scientific evidence... so ya everyone has a problem to some degree or another in that realm.
the argument is not that sexual orientation is a choice.
the argument is that the vast majority of people believe that there is a natural and normal thing with heterosexual procreation, or however you want to word it. They believe that homosexuality is a choice to stray from the norm. I get the argument you are making, but its invalid to the conversation. the people that need to be convinced to change their minds on homosexuality do not believe that heterosexuals make a lifestyle choice to be that, they just are that.
the choice as this group believes is whether you like women with blond or brown hair, or who are fat or fit, or who have teeth or no teeth :), etc.etc..

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
there is not one person on this planet that understands all scientific evidence... so ya everyone has a problem to some degree or another in that realm.
the argument is not that sexual orientation is a choice.
the argument is that the vast majority of people believe that there is a natural and normal thing with heterosexual procreation, or however you want to word it. They believe that homosexuality is a choice to stray from the norm. I get the argument you are making, but its invalid to the conversation. the people that need to be convinced to change their minds on homosexuality do not believe that heterosexuals make a lifestyle choice to be that, they just are that.
the choice as this group believes is whether you like women with blond or brown hair, or who are fat or fit, or who have teeth or no teeth :), etc.etc..

Homosexuality is very common among primates. It is commonly found in nature. Therefore it is natural. I understand this 'natural' argument, but it just comes from people ignorant to nature itself. Just like people who are racist toward those of darker skin and thought they are more like 'animals'. If they only understood genetically why we have the skin colors we do, I doubt that they would hold such ridiculous beliefs. Scientific literacy is the key.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Homosexuality is very common among primates. It is commonly found in nature. Therefore it is natural. I understand this 'natural' argument, but it just comes from people ignorant to nature itself. Just like people who are racist toward those of darker skin and thought they are more like 'animals'. If they only understood genetically why we have the skin colors we do, I doubt that they would hold such ridiculous beliefs. Scientific literacy is the key.

LOL
um no, not even close to what i was talking about... but ok like most people do take the argument off on a tangent...I had the unfortunate chance of seeing a video on msn of a monkey in a zoo putting it to a frog... that does not make a case for bestiality though does it... what monkeys or apes are doing today has no bearing on what we do lol

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
what monkeys or apes are doing today has no bearing on what we do lol

The claim is often made by the "homosexuality is a choice!" crowd that homosexuality is unnatural, and not found in nature. That claim is clearly wrong based on overwhelming evidence. So yes, it does have bearing.

What always interests me though about the "homosexuality is a choice" claim is that the reverse is also implied, "heterosexuality is a choice". The people that say this are thus implicitly claiming that they could wake up tomorrow morning and want nothing more than to suck a big fat cock. There is absolutely no chance of that for me. Unintentionally revealing on their part?

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
LOL
um no, not even close to what i was talking about... but ok like most people do take the argument off on a tangent...I had the unfortunate chance of seeing a video on msn of a monkey in a zoo putting it to a frog... that does not make a case for bestiality though does it... what monkeys or apes are doing today has no bearing on what we do lol

We are apes.

The argument is that homosexuality is unnatural. And I am saying that it is commonly found everywhere in nature. How is that off topic? It seems quite relevant.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The claim is often made by the "homosexuality is a choice!" crowd that homosexuality is unnatural, and not found in nature. That claim is clearly wrong based on overwhelming evidence. So yes, it does have bearing.

What always interests me though about the "homosexuality is a choice" claim is that the reverse is also implied, "heterosexuality is a choice". The people that say this are thus implicitly claiming that they could wake up tomorrow morning and want nothing more than to suck a big fat cock. There is absolutely no chance of that for me. Unintentionally revealing on their part?

You have no idea what restraint I am showing not to reply as I wish to this post!!! :angel:

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
We are apes.

The argument is that homosexuality is unnatural. And I am saying that it is commonly found everywhere in nature. How is that off topic? It seems quite relevant.

well since we share so much DNA with bananas and pigs some people could say we are nothing more then fruits and like to squeal... but that visually effects the discussion in quite a different way doesnt it? :p haha

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And back to the op…

So if you want to join this league and play softball with gays, just do it.

How is anyone going to know you’re not gay? Is there a test? Do they look at your sense of style and say, “you can’t possibly be gay judging by the way you dress”.

Whatever.

hongkongfooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
And back to the op…

So if you want to join this league and play softball with gays, just do it.

How is anyone going to know you’re not gay? Is there a test? Do they look at your sense of style and say, “you can’t possibly be gay judging by the way you dress”.

Whatever.

I was just thinking the same thing. How would they know their "gayness" level? Is there even such a thing? Maybe they have a meter to test gayness much like the Scientologists had to read thetan levels on that South Park episode. :boing1:

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they said the test consists of a trip to the locker room, a couple of witnesses, a copy of the sports illustrated swim suit addition and a copy of a men's body building magazine. After that the spokesman for the softball league became rather vague.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Whatever.

Obviously there is a DNA test required, DUH. :D

Latest Discussions