cutting punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah, nope. If you look at my post again I was only referring to the cutting/inclusion/exclusion/gate punch, nothing about the elbow there.

The conversation was all about the elbow, with the punch as an example. Nothing about the elbow was retroactively applied to your post as you falsely claim.

You willingly joined the conversation and then complained when we said your thing doesn't show YMVT elbow ideas. And again, if you don't care, why join?

Nobody Important

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Not that you are aware of, because your system lacks the elbow focus.
As you view it, probably. But then again, you know nothing about YCWWC so I can't see how you could possibly comment on it, or why you would even care to.

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
As you view it, probably. But then again, you know nothing about YCWWC so I can't see how you could possibly comment on it, or why you would even care to.

I wouldn't care to, but you injected yourself into the conversation, and now complain about being in a conversation you don't care about. :facepalm:

Nobody Important

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The conversation was all about the elbow, with the punch as an example. Nothing about the elbow was retroactively applied to your post as you falsely claim.

You willingly joined the conversation and then complained when we said your thing doesn't show YMVT elbow ideas. And again, if you don't care, why join?
Not true, I never complained because I never made any claims to YMVT "elbow ideas", we've already discussed that. But if it makes you feel better and somehow believe you won something, good for you.

I can't understand why you so adamantly want to continue this discussion. If you are not going to discuss your "elbow ideas" we've nothing to talk about. I've answered every question put to me in detail, and you still refuse to answer the one question I asked of you.

Reactions: KPM

Nobody Important

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I wouldn't care to, but you injected yourself into the conversation, and now complain about being in a conversation you don't care about. :facepalm:
And yet you continue to drag me back into the conversation. If I'm not mistaken you asked me to come here. Here I am.

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've answered every question put to me in detail

Except how your thing is supposed to work from inside gate without changing anything.

And yet you continue to drag me back into the conversation. If I'm not mistaken you asked me to come here. Here I am.

To discuss the elbow in your gate punch. It seems only to drive the punch following the wrist along an outside line. Do this on the inside gate or "from underneath" and you'll be hit.

Nobody Important

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Except how your thing is supposed to work from inside gate without changing anything.

To discuss the elbow in your gate punch. It seems only to drive the punch following the wrist along an outside line. Do this on the inside gate or "from underneath" and you'll be hit.
I did answer (apparently you weren't paying attention), both require a pivot, do it right and his punch will miss you completely. We don't stand square shoulder to the opponent, that's dumb, its a good way to get overpowered by bigger opponents. Over or under his forearm is determined by the height (low level, mid level, high level) of his punch. And, once again for the record, you don't actively seek to do it like in those videos you shared. You do not chase the incoming arm, the elbow doesn't wander, its something you let happen naturally when you punch correctly.

You gonna answer now? Or continue to seek further explanation of the gate punch? Cause I gotta tell ya, its getting to the point where you may want to consider formally asking me to be your teacher if this is to continue.

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
you may want to consider formally asking me to be your teacher if this is to continue.

To learn something that will not work?

If the elbow is down to cut the line from above, when the opponent's punch is above yours, you won't be cutting anything.

You might do your pivot to dodge thing to avoid getting hit, if you're faster than his punch, which if he's already over your arm is not likely to happen.

Nobody Important

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
To learn something that will not work?

If the elbow is down to cut the line from above, when the opponent's punch is above yours, you won't be cutting anything.

You might do your pivot to dodge thing to avoid getting hit, if you're faster than his punch, which if he's already over your arm is not likely to happen.
Elbow down doesn't mean punching down. You clearly don't grasp the concept grasshopper, I'll give you a hint - Three Arrow Punches. Don't come back till you understand what these are. This is clearly something you need to figure out on your own.

dudewingchun

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Why dont any of you just grab a sparring partner and video it? Just pages of the same arguments everytime i come back here

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
Elbow down doesn't mean punching down. You clearly don't grasp the concept grasshopper, I'll give you a hint - Three Arrow Punches. Don't come back till you understand what these are. This is clearly something you need to figure out on your own.

I am aware of the idea. Pivot and sink on the outside. Pivot and rise on the inside.

Sink and rise are workarounds for missing elbow ideas.

Nobody Important

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am aware of the idea. Pivot and sink on the outside. Pivot and rise on the inside.

Sink and rise are workarounds for missing elbow ideas.
Did I ever mention sink? What you're describing is bobbing & weaving, not gate punching. Care to explain your elbow ideas now?

Nobody Important

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It's really the simplest thing. The fact you can't figure it out is priceless. Reminds me of your Man Sau - Wu Sau conundrum.

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
Did I ever mention sink? What you're describing is bobbing & weaving, not gate punching. Care to explain your elbow ideas now?

Not bobbing and weaving. Is Saam-jin-cheui not training sinking and rising?

Nobody Important

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Not bobbing and weaving. Is Saam-jin-cheui not training sinking and rising?
No, I believe you're thinking of something different like the YM arrow punching exercise. That's not it. Maybe KPM could help you out, if you ask him. I believe it's an exercise found in Pin Sun. If not it's one of the Baat Sik Dan Da of some mainland WC schools.

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know of it as a set from Pin Sun. KPM has mentioned it before, with sinking and rising ideas.

So you're talking about a rising punch on the inside, which is not gonna be the same as on the outside like you said.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
KPM then presented his punch as an example, but it also doesn't use YMVT elbow. Then you came along talking about a gate punch and got upset when we said it doesn't show YMVT elbow either.

I will point out that I then asked why you think the elbow wasn't not involved in the punch I showed on that video and how you would do it differently in WSLVT. Those questions were ignored. When we asked that Guy provide a video showing PB doing it the "right way", that request was refused. So why should anyone try to carry on any kind of productive discussion with either you or Guy???

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
I will point out that I then asked why you think the elbow wasn't not involved in the punch I showed on that video and how you would do it differently in WSLVT. Those questions were ignored. When we asked that Guy provide a video showing PB doing it the "right way", that request was refused. So why should anyone try to carry on any kind of productive discussion with either you or Guy???

I said because the elbow is following the wrist. It is wrist-led.

I don't do a punch like that. NI says he saw PB do it, but won't post the clip so we can talk about it.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
You're fixating on application, I've explained it in detail several times, reread my posts. Stop comparing it to videos of people chasing an incoming punch, I've told you it isn't done like that. There is no arm chasing. If you don't do it, stop trying to compare it with what you do. Why bother trying to constantly compare what others do based on material you say you don't have? It doesn't make sense.You say I have no business in this "elbow idea" conversation yet you continue to hound me with questions about my gate punch. I've laid it out plainly, I can't be any clearer. Figure it out for yourself, it won't help you to have me walk you through it. That should be familiar to you.

THIS!!!! Once again NI nails it! You and Guy are so hypocritical in the way you post! You ask repeated questions of others but avoid answering questions to you. You repeatedly ask for video from others and refuse to provide it when asked of you. You question why others outside of YMWCK are participating in a conversation and yet ask pointed questions of those people that keep them in the conversation. You make comments without much detail and don't elaborate, and yet hound others for details about what they have posted. You say someone hasn't explained something or posted something when they clearly have. You seem unable to participate in a friendly discussion topic without pushing your agenda every single time. Again, why should anyone even attempt to have a productive conversation with either of you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions