Coronavirus/Covid 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My training is done at home so no problem there. I'm more concerned about a run on the stores and not being able to get what I need. Monday I went to the store and shelves were full. 2 days later the shelves are empty. I usually do my grocery shopping at night because of my work hours. I usually see workers stock the shelves. No one was stocking the shelves tonight.

On the serious side of things. Stay safe, be smart, There are 2 known cases of the virus in Georgia and the shelves are starting to look like they need to be restocked. If it's this bad from 2 cases, then I can only assume that it'll get worse as that number increases. It will be at it's worst if more people die from it at a high rate. I hope and pray for a healthy outcome for all of us.

With that, I leave this peace of advice when it comes to knowing how serious or dangerous something is. "Don't listen to what people say, watch how they react." No one shuts down schools nation-wide for for the flu. No one asks citizens not to buy masks because the health care workers need them, when there is a flu. We often talk about situational awareness for self-defense is important. It's probably a good skill set to have now.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My training is done at home so no problem there. I'm more concerned about a run on the stores and not being able to get what I need. Monday I went to the store and shelves were full. 2 days later the shelves are empty. I usually do my grocery shopping at night because of my work hours. I usually see workers stock the shelves. No one was stocking the shelves tonight.

On the serious side of things. Stay safe, be smart, There are 2 known cases of the virus in Georgia and the shelves are starting to look like they need to be restocked. If it's this bad from 2 cases, then I can only assume that it'll get worse as that number increases. It will be at it's worst if more people die from it at a high rate. I hope and pray for a healthy outcome for all of us.

With that, I leave this peace of advice when it comes to knowing how serious or dangerous something is. "Don't listen to what people say, watch how they react." No one shuts down schools nation-wide for for the flu. No one asks citizens not to buy masks because the health care workers need them, when there is a flu. We often talk about situational awareness for self-defense is important. It's probably a good skill set to have now.
I'm fairly well stocked, but tend to go from well-stocked to not stocked at all depending on what time it is in my food shopping. my only real focus at home in regards to that is just to make sure I don't get low.

And that's not because I think some sort of apocalypse is coming. It's because I could see people freaking out any random day, when the media tells them too, and me not being able to do my normal grocery shopping as a result.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wear this most days
25CBCF91-C069-484B-8E66-80F233091237.jpeg

Hopefully it’ll protect me.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I also just heard that the contagious incubation period without symptoms could be closer to 24 days.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And that's not because I think some sort of apocalypse is coming. It's because I could see people freaking out any random day, when the media tells them too, and me not being able to do my normal grocery shopping as a result.
The CDC put out a warning about it happening so they are expecting it as things get worse.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I also just heard that the contagious incubation period without symptoms could be closer to 24 days.
Correction. I've heard that the virus could last outside the body for 24 days. The CDC has it on their site that the incubation period is 1 - 14 days. WHO also list the same incubation period. The trouble that they have with the 1 -14 day period is that there is currently no way to know when someone is infected vs someone being sick and showing symptoms. (at least in the U.S)

Last edited:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do you happen to have a link to wherever you heard/read that?
a friend told me, said she read it on the local CBS web page, might have been a link to CNN. Sorry, I can’t verify that source.

I guess I should be more responsible with my reporting. Don’t mean to spread inaccurate rumors.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
North Carolina has its first confirmed case. Not at our end of the state (about 4 hours away), but still.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
a friend told me, said she read it on the local CBS web page, might have been a link to CNN. Sorry, I can’t verify that source.

I guess I should be more responsible with my reporting. Don’t mean to spread inaccurate rumors.

Mrs Xue's is a TCM MD from China, and per her medical contacts in China, before the PRC shut down all news, went into denial mode, and blamed the USA, there can be carriers, that never show symptoms, that can infect a lot of people. However there seems to be very few of these. However Mrs Xue is also points out that the Flu kills many more people per year than the Covid-19 and she wonders why they are no reporting flu related deaths as vigorously.

And yes, it was reported in China and Japan that it "may" be a 24 day period, but so far they seem to be sticking to the 14 day period. It is also possible that 24 day period is based on those few that appear to be carriers.

D

Deleted member 39746

Why put a bucket in it? Dig a deeper hole put a board with a hole over it. Fill hole back in when half full. If you want to interrupt the fly cycle get a good seal to close the hole (like another board) when not in use.

Was hinting at a compost toilet. You would just have several buckets on rotation and rotate them around as they get full/empty and once its composted, you can use it as just that.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"The “incubation period” means the time between catching the virus and beginning to have symptoms of the disease. Most estimates of the incubation period for COVID-19 range from 1-14 days, most commonly around five days. These estimates will be updated as more data become available."

Q&A on coronaviruses (COVID-19)

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mrs Xue's is a TCM MD from China, and per her medical contacts in China, before the PRC shut down all news, went into denial mode, and blamed the USA, there can be carriers, that never show symptoms, that can infect a lot of people. However there seems to be very few of these. However Mrs Xue is also points out that the Flu kills many more people per year than the Covid-19 and she wonders why they are no reporting flu related deaths as vigorously.

And yes, it was reported in China and Japan that it "may" be a 24 day period, but so far they seem to be sticking to the 14 day period. It is also possible that 24 day period is based on those few that appear to be carriers.
Many more people do die from the flu every year, but many many many more people get the flu every year. But the death rate of the flu is very low, around 0.1%. Last I heard, Covid-19 is showing a death rat of 3.4%. That is what WHO has put it at, as of a day or two ago. That number is likely to change, as we really don’t know how many people are actually infected. The more that is learned about this disease, the more accurate the info will become and the more confidence we can have in the numbers. But so far, Covid-19 is showing a death rate of 34 times that of the flu.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is incorrect. Hand sanitizer is less effective than soap and water. Convenience doesn’t play into that, especially when hand washing isn’t a particularly tough or inconvenient thing to do.
well no its not, not if your talking about anti bacterial cleaner, which kills bacteria, viruses yeast and other assorted nasties, where as soap doesnt do that at all, unless it '' medicated soap'', which is much the same thing as bio wash, good old carbolic kills everything

it leaves a significant portion alive and kicking, it is however good at removing dirt

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
well despite the bbc giving blanket and near hysteriacal coverage of the inpending armagedan, the people of manchester have been whipped it to a state of complete apathy, panic buying NO, face masks not at all, avoiding public transport, no the bus was still packed, public places, no couldnt get a seat in the pub last night.

so far we have 110 cases , out of a poulation of 70, 000000 and one person with existing serious health issues has managed to die. think il hold of on going into a state of panic till its killing more people than RTAs

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
well no its not, not if your talking about anti bacterial cleaner, which kills bacteria, viruses yeast and other assorted nasties, where as soap doesnt do that at all, unless it '' medicated soap'', which is much the same thing as bio wash, good old carbolic kills everything

it leaves a significant portion alive and kicking, it is however good at removing dirt
Check the links that i already included.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Check the links that i already included.
WHY they are either WRONG or you have badly miss understood,

im going for the second one

the problem is they kill bacteria you may wish to keep, in normal cicumstances theres not real wold differance, i mean really who cares what bacteria is on your skin, thats what you immune system is for, but if your actually trying to elinnate all bacteria, thats what you want

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions