Coronavirus/Covid 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
What precautions is everyone taking regarding training? It seems that what we do would make for a really good method of transmission.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What precautions is everyone taking regarding training? It seems that what we do would make for a really good method of transmission.

Same as usual. Nothing different from the good hygiene we usually have.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, there's always hand sanitizer for contact work, and encouraging anybody who thinks that they are sick to stay home. Otherwise you just gotta live your life ...or possibly switch to the video-game version of ninjutsu:

image_ee158229-0921-496a-98e5-5b928ed50ade_300x300.jpg

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
BTW I read that the first death in the US due to covid 19 was up in your area. Kirkland, I believe. I think about that because my son is next-door in Redmond.

OP
ShortBridge

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
BTW I read that the first death in the US due to covid 19 was up in your area. Kirkland, I believe. I think about that because my son is next-door in Redmond.

6 deaths in King County, WA as of today, which I believe is the most in the country. There is a concentration, however, in a single long term facility, so those #s might not tell the whole story. I think we'll all know more over the next week or so.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My wife won't allow me to go to any Chinese grocery store and Chinese restaurant. There is a Kung Fu tournament next month in Houston. My wife won't let me to go to that tournament.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
We've had a hand sanitizer dispenser in the school for years, and I stocked up on a couple extra bottles. Other than that, not much. There haven't been any documented cases in my state yet AFAIK.

If it does turn into a pandemic here, and we have to close because of public safety or whatever, we've got enough money saved up to pay the bills for a month.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
non at all, the regular old Flu kills upwards of half a million a year, seemingly with out anyone noticing or careing very much. suddenly the worlds gone in to panic over a few thousand deaths.

the death rate apears to be about one%, and then its the ussual suspects the old and those in very poor health. it may be an awful lot less than that as in the vast majority of cases the symptoms are so mild then may not even be noticed as out of the ordinary

Last edited:

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Today my Master said no more shaking hands after class. He also stressed that if you feel sick, stay home. And we've got a public hand sanitizer station now.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nothing different.
We've always requested those sick to please stay away from training until well.
No leaving the restroom without washing your hands.
No bear feet in the restroom.
Please use the Hand sanitizer in several different places in the training center.
Spray all equipment with disinfectant
Mats are mopped and bags, ground dummies, etc are wiped with antiviral disinfectant multiply times a day

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Something I find hilarious about all this is the new focus on handwashing, as if soap is a magical new invention. When everyone should have already been using soap when they wash their hands.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing different.
We've always requested those sick to please stay away from training until well.
No leaving the restroom without washing your hands.
No bear feet in the restroom.
Please use the Hand sanitizer in several different places in the training center.
Spray all equipment with disinfectant
Mats are mopped and bags, ground dummies, etc are wiped with antiviral disinfectant multiply times a day

All things that places should be doing anyway, we're the same as you, not changed anything as hygiene is always a high priority.

If it's taking the threat of an illness to make people clean their mats then I'm glad I didn't train at these places!

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
First, you'd have to be training to need to take any precautions in your training.
See, do you think people don't know a snipe when they see one. A spade is a spade. This is a perfect example of how/where you rub people the wrong way.

Don't derail a thread because You have an issue with a poster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions