Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heres the stuff Bruce sent to me.
I did a small amount of editing (color balancing and lightening) to them for clarity. I also added a "VOID" watermark to the IKKA card in the event it is authentic, to make it harder for someone else to copy/photoshop it. The VOID was not on the original image he sent.

I make no judgements on any of it's authentisity.

Attachments

• $Ed-Parker-Card-Front.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 247
  • $My-Badge.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 234
  • $My-Licenses.jpg
    $My-Licenses.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 239
  • $My-Licenses2.jpg
    $My-Licenses2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 245

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmm..a purchased badge (read no power or authority over any civillian conferred). A NYS Security Guard Cert. card. A "bodyguard" ID (homemade or made by a contracting company). He obviously has some training, nobody is denying that...what is that stuff supposed to "prove"??

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
What does the "New York State Department of State Division of Licensing Services" duly register him as?

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
...Oh, and yes, that "Executive Security Bodyguard" badge is a novelty item with about as much authority to it as this one...

product_image.php

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Executive Security" is on both the badge, and the "ID" card.

The only link I could find in my brief search for "Executive Security" was this: http://www.essi.cjb.net/ which leads to a Canadian company, not a NY one. The phrase though appears common with many firms

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sharp Phil said:
What does the "New York State Department of State Division of Licensing Services" duly register him as?
Dunno. It was blacked out in the copy I received.

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The only link I could find in my brief search for "Executive Security" was this: http://www.essi.cjb.net/ which leads to a Canadian company, not a NY one. The phrase though appears common with many firms

That's because I could have an "executive security" badge made up for me that looks just as nice as Bruce's -- and would be worth about as much.

This is looking like a big, steaming pile of somebody's over-inflated ego.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sharp Phil said:
Good question...

Inquiring minds want to know.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hes an "unarmed security guard" same as a mall guard...click on the little blue link.

10009676216CALKINS BRUCE DN/ASECURITY GUARD - UNARMED12/09/2006

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, hell, I was a security guard for Pinkerton's in New York State. I was issued a blue polyester uniform shirt, a gold sort-of-metal badge, and I had exactly the same powers as I did before I got the uniform -- which is to say, none at all, apart from those of a private citizen.

Bruce, you're full of crap.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Since there is no specific branch for the licensing of bodyguards, perhaps all applicants for bodyguard position have to get a security license??

If his contention is that he worked as a body guard, he has a ID, badge (albiet not a G.I.) . True enough. However 90 % of bodyguard gigs require 1.) someone who can push through a crowd 2.) Someone willing to take a bullet 3.) Someone large enough to act a sponge for the lead being thrown around

Do I think he has any special skill or training associated with the badge, NO

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There is no "bodyguard" licensing authority and, unless Bruce wishes to identify a specific employer, his claims to such status should remain the fabrication that they obviously seem to be. So far he's managed to produce what looks like a legitimate black belt card, a license confirming that he's an unarmed security guard in New York State (which makes him a private citizen and nothing more -- as I said, I've held the same position), and what appear to be a pair of novelty badges identifying him vaguely as an executive protection whatchamacallit. With a couple of credit card purchases from online stores, I could provide the same credentials.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah...Im just confused about the point here. What was stated that ya'll are trying to refute here?

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I think the point is that Bruce has asserted he is many things that he cannot prove himself to be.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well so far I have noticed things like...

The "Im a NYS certified bodyguard" thing which we see here...and an odd "I taught at the USMC martial arts school at Paris Island"...which never existed. That and the whole "soke" thing does point to a tenancy towards self-aggrandizement IMO.

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I don't think the IKKA grade was ever actually questioned, it was one of the ones Bruce claimed to have had before he set up his style pretty much anywhere I've found reference to him. The inconsistencies with grades seem to be that in some places he's listed as 10th dan fusho satori ryu, then 1st dan in IKKA and 1st dan in aikido, with nothing else listed at all. That's where the real grade problems begin, because 2 shodans do not equal a judan by any stretch of the imagination. I believe the aikido grade was questioned due to the speed it was given in (1 year or something), but the IKKA is about the only grade listed that no-one has really made comment on.

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Hes an "unarmed security guard" same as a mall guard...click on the little blue link.

10009676216CALKINS BRUCE DN/ASECURITY GUARD - UNARMED12/09/2006
Yea, about as much authority as a WalMart Greeter.
This sums it up pretty well. "Executive Security" is just a new phrase used by security companies to market body guard services to rich people. No particular training or licensing required.
But, if you don't have a CCW permit, nobody of any status is going to hire you. So you end up being the big slob at the door holding back the groupies, while the real "armed" body guards escourt the client around.
And I've yet to see someone that's 5'7" 247 lbs. sport a 36" waist.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I guess it has become more oblivous that he is not what he believe's he is. What next a cap and a tights and a big S on the chest yea that right make sure you have that big S for stupid.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
saru1968 said:
a picture of the scar/s would be good, without being morbid.

we could start a whole thread on posting pics of scars! lol

:)
yeah but it has to be shots of the person and close-up in relation

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BruceCalkins said:
1) I just believed his Post saying that he was not jiving in Japan.

Come on Bruce!!! Anyone looking at the first sentence of what you wrote can tell that is not true. You did not write that I was saying I was not living in Japan. You said that I claimed to be living in Japan and was actually living on the Eastern Seaboard. Everyone, take a look at what he wrote for yourself and see what I mean.

BruceCalkins said:
This come from the man who types during the day in EST when it would be very late in Japen where he claims to be from... Training in the heart of Ninjitsu.

(Snipped for brevity)

and he is questioning my respect and attitude. I never claimed to be anything but what I am. Not a Student Livine in Japan training with a great master... So where in the Eastern Seaboard do you live???

Bruce, if you started to show the proper attitude and respect that you should be showing to those that know more than you, there would be less trouble. Part of that is accepting and admiting that you lashed out in anger and tried to tear down someone else merely because that person was correcting many mistakes that your were passing off as truth.

Unless you can overcome your ego and admit your wrong, as well as the motives that drove you to it, you will never be open to the lessons that so many people here can teach an inexperienced person like yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.