Batman Begins Sequal

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well Batman Begins sequal will feature the Joker and the Penguin.
Rumor has it Phillip Seymour Hoffman was offered the role of the Penguin but hasnt yet confirmed.

BUT....

HEATH LEDGER has been confirmed as having the role of "The Joker".

I personally groan at this but being I have no pull in casting I will have to accept it. I would have preferred Johnny Depp but that is IMHO.
Heath Ledger though??? Oh God.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I heard Robin Williams wanted the part of "The Joker" too.

Still looking forward to the sequal!

CTKempo Todd

Green Belt
Reaction score
Why the hell do they have to do the Joker AGAIN...there are plenty of other villians to choose from..sheees..

besides no one can top Jack Nicholson as the Joker.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
CTKempo Todd said:
Why the hell do they have to do the Joker AGAIN...there are plenty of other villians to choose from..sheees..

Yeah, they do that with Superman too by constantly having Lex Luthor as the villain.

yeah, Nicholson was great.

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
CTKempo Todd said:

Well this is a different franchise from the other Batman movies. This one has so correlation with the old one's and therefore is on it's own and everyone wants to see the joker. With that I have no problem I am just not big on heath ledger playing him. Seymour Phillip Hoffman as Penguin would be pretty nice.

I think the problem with Superman returns was that they continued the superman franchise. It should have stood on its own 2 feet without using the old movies. U run into many continuity problems doing that as we saw.

No one will be better than Jack that is agreed.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Heath Ledger?!!!

Great!

Well, I guess that'll be ok...

Just as long as they don't call the sequal Brokeback Batman :rolleyes:

Sorry... no offense meant to anyone... I just couldn't resist that one!

Respectfully,

Andy

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
CTKempo Todd said:

***SPOILER***

The end of "Batman Begins" set up the Joker as the villain for the next movie. Lt. Gordon handed Batman a Joker playing card, found at a crime scene.

***END SPOILER***

Sure the Joker may be a bit "overdone", but he was also regarded as Batman's most formidable nemesis in the comics. But Heath Ledger as the Joker? Sorry...can't picture it. I also think that Johnny Depp would be MUCH better for that role. He excels at playing weird off-beat characters. ;)

CTKempo Todd

Green Belt
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
***SPOILER***

The end of "Batman Begins" set up the Joker as the villain for the next movie. Lt. Gordon handed Batman a Joker playing card, found at a crime scene.

***END SPOILER***

;)

Yeah your right..I forgot about that...Batman begins was great..

I want Catwoman and BatGirl to duke it out in really TIGHT outfits...sorry could help myself.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
AceHBK said:
I would have preferred Johnny Depp but that is IMHO.
Heath Ledger though??? Oh God.

You are not alone..Johnny Depp would have made a great Joker..., Heath Ledger??? The pain, the pain...

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
The new Batman movies will go down a different sequence/timeline etc, so what I would like to see is a hardcore intro to the Joker based on the Dark Knight Series of comics. They did a short series about the Joker called The Killing Joke and it showed him as much more sinister and violent then anyone ever has, that in itself would be a great movie, then follow that with the next Batman as he swoops in. I just love some of the Graphic Novels that were made for the Hero Fans who grew up and wanted to see a little more graphic edge to the villians. JMHO. PEACE

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
MSTCND said:
Just as long as they don't call the sequal Brokeback Batman :rolleyes:

Andy

If they base it on knightfall it would be cool.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
I think I'd rather see Robin Williams do it than even Johnny Depp. Depp is a good character actor, but Robin Williams defined the genre.

Casting for the Penguin... hmmm... obese mobster.... James Ganolfini? :D

and Caesar Romero was the best Joker, sorry Mr. Nicholson.

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
OUMoose said:
Caesar Romero was the best Joker, sorry Mr. Nicholson.

Very true...I totally forgot about him. He did define the joker.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well with this sequel I don't mind the Joker again but hopefully it won't be an "origin of ..." because they've done that. But chances are they'll do it.
Tim Burton's "creation" of how the Joker came to be was very well/nicely done.
They could redux Two-face though... sigh :miffer:... hollywood.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, Romero and Nicholson were both Ok, but I will always see the joker the way we was in "Batman the animated series" and compare performances to that, because I think they actaully got him "right" in that series... he wasn't done correctly in ANY of the live action Batman series.​

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
I will always see the joker the way we was in "Batman the animated series" and compare performances to that, because I think they actaully got him "right" in that series... he wasn't done correctly in ANY of the live action Batman series

I agree 100 per cent..The Joker in BTAS was the best..

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Actually, Romero and Nicholson were both Ok, but I will always see the joker the way we was in "Batman the animated series" and compare performances to that, because I think they actaully got him "right" in that series... he wasn't done correctly in ANY of the live action Batman series.​

who would have been best for the role is a young tim curry circa rocky horror picture show. don't know anyone currently who could match that femme, funny, crazy psycho killer thing he had going on back then. no even depp.

romero and nicholson were both campy but had zero edge, which is why the animated series worked so much better.

still- batman returns was the best of the lot--- so, i'll just wait to see what they come up with next.