A NEW Rocky?

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Just saw this trailer posted on the apple quicktime site: Rocky Balboa

Wow. I know Clubber Lang should have finished this series when he had the chance, but another movie??! Good god, what's Stallone gonna do, hit the guy with his walker? :D I was half-expecting to see him try to go from boxing to MMA's or something. *shakes head*

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
OUMoose said:
Just saw this trailer posted on the apple quicktime site: Rocky Balboa

Wow. I know Clubber Lang should have finished this series when he had the chance, but another movie??! Good god, what's Stallone gonna do, hit the guy with his walker? :D I was half-expecting to see him try to go from boxing to MMA's or something. *shakes head*

INT. SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE--DAY

ANGLE ON Rocky Balboa as he is filling out a mountain of paperwork.

INSERT: extreme CU of Rocky getting a paper cut on his finger

RESUME Rocky noticing his cut.

ROCKY:
UUHHHHAAAAGGAGAGAAUUUUHHHHHH!!!!

His lovely if aging wife ADRIAN rushes to his side, concerned.

ADRIAN
What's wrong, honey?

ROCKY
It cut me, Mick.....Cut me...........

ADRIAN
I'm Adrian, you senile old potato! Here, I'll cauterize it.

Adrian burns the wound shut with a lighter. Rocky does his best Slo-mo Rambo scream.

ROCKY
UUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUA
AAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIEEEEEAAAAAIIIIEEEEAAAAWWWWWUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A CLERK approaches the desk from O.S. with additional paperwork.

CLERK
All we need now, Mr. Balboa, is your birth certificate.

ROCKY
Duuuh, We lost it when I's a kid, y'know? Me'n my folks we 'adda move alot 'n it got'y'know, lost......

CLERK
I'm sorry, Mr. Balboa, but without your birth certificqate you cannot collect any Social Security retirement benefits.

ROCKY
(outraged)
Whuh? Oh Yeah? You trynna say I ain't n' American? N'after all I did fa dis town? Yeah, I'll teach ya! Yeah, you know what you c'n do? Youse c'n kiss my kidney stones, 'at's what you c'n do!!

Rocky begins to rise as Adrian and his son restrain him and back him toward the door. Rocky continues his tirade.

ROCKY
(thundering)
What, you wanna come and shake my monkey tree? Jus' cuz I'm old I'm helpless, anybody can push me around, try somptin' like dis? I'll teach ya! Yeah dat's right! Jus' cuz there's a little snow onna roof don' mean there ain't no fire in the furnace! Yeah I'll show ya! I'LL SHOW YA!!!!!!

JUMP CUT: begin Montage of Rocky training to fight the system to Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger"................

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I said it after Rocky 3 and it still stands. I refuse to go see another Rocky movie until he makes Rocky 15 the musical. :)

Sly must be looking to cash in one last time is all I can figure. His career has not been too good lately.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
AAh come on, We know we're all going to see it. Ya get the feeling that you just gotta!
icon10.gif

OP
OUMoose

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Hand Sword said:
AAh come on, We know we're all going to see it. Ya get the feeling that you just gotta!
icon10.gif

*hangs head*

.... probably... :D

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think it is fine, and as much as I say I wont go watch it, I grew up watching Stallone in Rocky's, so yeah sure I am going to be one of those suckers that will go watch it, I was by far the best, and I have to agree, it went down hill after III. Iv was complete crap, and V well some things are better not spoken. Though from the plot, and I dont want to give it up to anyone here, this movie seems more fit as a cable tv movie than an actual theatre flick, but that is just me.

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
evenflow1121 said:
I think it is fine, and as much as I say I wont go watch it, I grew up watching Stallone in Rocky's, so yeah sure I am going to be one of those suckers that will go watch it, I was by far the best, and I have to agree, it went down hill after III. Iv was complete crap, and V well some things are better not spoken. Though from the plot, and I dont want to give it up to anyone here, this movie seems more fit as a cable tv movie than an actual theatre flick, but that is just me.

IV TOTALLY had the best soundtrack tho. :D

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I will go see it. The Rocky Story is told from Adrians eyes anyway. The beatings Rocky took were her interpretation of how bad it really was, etc.

In this one Adrian is dead. It won't be that bad of a flick.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
They did some filming of this movie a block away from my house, and the movie trailers were literally parked at my doorstep. I didn't like any of the Rocky movies after part three, and I'm not a big fan of Stallone - but I may catch this movie out of sheer curiosity.

This is a pic of the local restaurant they converted into "Adrian's" for the movie:

Attachments

• 115.3 KB · Views: 165

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Sly is also making another Rambo movie....

What I don't get:

First Blood
Rambo: First Blood Part 2
Rambo 3

So what happen to Rambo 2 or First Blood 3???

One of the mysteries of the universe.....

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terrible indeed.

Most of the Rocky fans will remember that Rocky is brain-damaged, since he was diagnosed with it during the first part of V. No way in Hades, that the boxing commission would approve of his fighting again.

As for Stallone, the last bit of halfway-decent acting he had done, was in Copland.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I liked Rocky I - IV but didn't care for Rocky V.
Seeing older fighters like Foreman and Holmes box again encouraged Stallone to give old Rocky a last hurrah!
I think the trick is to not go to the movie expecting it to equal or exceed the first movie.
It looks like it might be decent if you don't raise your expectations too high.

OP
OUMoose

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
So what’s next a twins movie like Jackie Chan did or and Van Dam did

and call it Rocky vs Rambo.
Heh... make it a futuristic movie and you can have John Spartan (the Demolition man) and Judge Dredd team up to hunt Rambo and Rocky down... Running man style. :D

The idea makes my head hurt...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OUMoose said:
Heh... make it a futuristic movie and you can have John Spartan (the Demolition man) and Judge Dredd team up to hunt Rambo and Rocky down... Running man style. :D

The idea makes my head hurt...

Now that I would go see

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Van Damme did the twins formula twice. Once in Double Impact and the second one Replicant. One was a clone of the other but it was the same kind of formula.

Latest Discussions