So, Randy Quaid is Friggin' Nuts

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

The Quaid Conspiracy

Vanity Fair EXCERPT:

They’re spending nights in their car, on the run from the same shadowy cabal—“the Hollywood Star Whackers”—who may have killed Heath Ledger, possibly sabotaged Jeremy Piven, and could now be targeting Lindsay Lohan. No, this is not the plot of Oscar nominee and Golden Globe winner Randy Quaid’s latest movie. It is what he and his wife, Evi, swear is really happening to them. With the Quaids in Canada, the author probes their nightmare reality, which has alienated friends and family, and turned the couple into outlaws.

By Nancy Jo Sales•

January 2011

PERMANENT VACATION
Randy and Evi Quaid, photographed in Room 404 of the Tigh-Na-Mara resort, in Parksville, British Columbia.

Evi Quaid called from a pay phone in Vancouver to say that she and her husband, Randy, the actor, had tried to drive to Siberia, but they “couldn’t figure out how to get there.” She said, “We’re running for our lives.” She wanted me to meet them the next day in Vancouver’s Chinatown—which couldn’t be arranged any other way, as the Quaids don’t use cell phones anymore, because, Evi said, “they’re tracking us.”
“They” were “the Hollywood Star Whackers” the couple had been talking about in television interviews ever since they arrived in Canada in October, seeking asylum. The “Whackers,” they said, were the same people who may have “killed” David Carradine and Heath Ledger, possibly set up Robert Blake, and could now be targeting Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan. “Are either of you mentally unstable, schizophrenic, or on drugs?,” Andrea Canning asked on Good Morning America. “Do you think we are?” demanded Evi. “No!” said Randy.
I found the Quaids sitting in their car outside a Chinese tearoom on a block glowing with red and yellow neon lights. Nobody was around. It was night. Their car, a black Prius, was crammed with stuff—clothes, coats, shoes, papers, a pillow, blankets, and an excitable Australian cattle dog named Doji, who was hoarse from barking while he was in the pound when his owners were being detained by Canadian immigration.
The car smelled of fast food and dog pee and Randy’s cigars. I asked the Quaids if they were living in their car. “Only on nights when we’re too terrified to leave our stuff or don’t feel secure,” Evi said. “We used to have a Mercedes. This whole ordeal has forced us to become incredibly green.”
“Priuses are deceptively roomy,” drawled Randy, who’s originally from Houston. “We’re tall people, and the legroom is important.”
Randy Quaid, who is 60, was nominated for an Oscar for The Last Detail (1973), won a Golden Globe for his performance as Lyndon Johnson in LBJ: The Early Years (1987), and has appeared in more than 70 other films, including Independence Day (1996) and Brokeback Mountain (2005). He has worked with countless legends of the film industry (Jack Nicholson, Marlon Brando, Milos Forman, Hal Ashby), meanwhile earning a reputation as a great actor. He is probably best known, however, for his over-the-top role as “Cousin Eddie,” Chevy Chase’s schlemiel cousin-in-law in the Vacation comedies—something which irks him.
When I came upon him, Quaid—who is six feet four with a pudding face and large, flat green eyes—was wearing Buddy Holly glasses, a blue shirt, an Armani blazer, and a purple tie; he looked slimmer than in years past and surprisingly stylish for a man on the run. “I call it ‘the Failure-to-Appear Diet,’ ” he said, joking about his and his wife’s not showing up for a string of court dates in Santa Barbara.
The Quaids were arrested in September of 2009 for defrauding an innkeeper, conspiracy, and burglary after skipping out on a $10,000 bill at Santa Barbara’s San Ysidro Ranch hotel; in September of 2010 they were arrested again, for residential burglary and entering a noncommercial building without consent, after squatting in a house in Montecito, California, which they had formerly owned. There was a warrant out for Evi’s arrest on the second set of charges. (The first case was resolved, with the charges against Randy dropped and Evi getting three years probation and 240 hours of community service after they settled their hotel bill.)
END EXCERPT
Wow, yeah, it's a long article, but, holy crap.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I saw this reported a few weeks ago and didn't know what to make of it.

If it was a lone actor going over the edge into paranoid delusion, then, aye, you would chalk it up to a stressed celebrity existence.

But it sounds as if his wife is along for the ride too :confused:

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I saw this reported a few weeks ago and didn't know what to make of it.

If it was a lone actor going over the edge into paranoid delusion, then, aye, you would chalk it up to a stressed celebrity existence.

But it sounds as if his wife is along for the ride too :confused:
Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
1.Randy Quaid was in the movie Broke back mountain which Heath Ledger was in.

2.Heath Ledger was in the movie The imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus which Colin Farrell was in.

3.Colin Farrell was in the movie S.W.A.T. which Samuel Jackson was in.

4.Samuel Jackson was in the movie Kill Bill which David Carradine was in.

5. David Carradine was in the movie Cannonball which had Martin Scorsese.

6.Martin Scorsese directed Robert De niro in Taxi driver.

7.Robert De niro was in the movie Sleepers with Kevin Bacon

Kevin Bacon is the master mind of all of this!!!

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The idea of a mafia out west where there is a lot of money changing hands is ridiculous!!!!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surely any organisation that is out to get Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan can't be all bad?

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
... but what if they're right?

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that someone isn't out to get you...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The Quaid Conspiracy

Vanity Fair EXCERPT:

They’re spending nights in their car, on the run from the same shadowy cabal—“the Hollywood Star Whackers”—who may have killed Heath Ledger, possibly sabotaged Jeremy Piven, and could now be targeting Lindsay Lohan. No, this is not the plot of Oscar nominee and Golden Globe winner Randy Quaid’s latest movie. It is what he and his wife, Evi, swear is really happening to them. With the Quaids in Canada, the author probes their nightmare reality, which has alienated friends and family, and turned the couple into outlaws.

By Nancy Jo Sales•

Well you know it could be something like Joaquin Phoenix Hoax that he pulled on Letterman when he was acting not at all sane and claimed to be going for a career in rap…maybe it is just for a movie…did you think of that…huh……. NOOOOOO of course not because it is so much easier to…. Oh wait….you said Randy Quaid didn’t you …not Dennis….oh in that case… your right… Randy friggin' nuts :D

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Surely any organisation that is out to get Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan can't be all bad?

I think they are doing themselves in but let me see.....

1.Lindsay was in Emilo Estevez's Bobby.

2.Emilo Estevez was in St.Elmo's fire which had Ally Sheedy.

3.Alley Sheedy was in the movie Bad boys which had Sean Penn.

4. Sean Penn was in the movie Mystic River which had God damn him again!!!
KEVIN BACON.

But is he responsible with Brintney too?!!

1.Britney Spears had a cameo in Goldmember which stared Gwyneth Paltrow.

2. Gwyneth stared in the movie Ironman with Robert Downey Jr.

3. Robert Downey Jr. stared in Hearts and souls wirh Elisabeth Shue.

4. Elisabethy Shue stared in Hollow man with....
KEVIN BACON!!!

But I dare wonder....Is it possible some how maybe just maybe I am connected to all this??

1. I met Dan Marino who was in Ace Ventura with Jim Carrey.

2. Jim Carrey was in the movie Batman forever directed by Joel Schumacher.

3. Joel also Directed Flatliners with Kevin Bacon....

:soapbox:BACON!!!!!

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think they are doing themselves in but let me see.....

1.Lindsay was in Emilo Estevez's Bobby.

2.Emilo Estevez was in St.Elmo's fire which had Ally Sheedy.

3.Alley Sheedy was in the movie Bad boys which had Sean Penn.

4. Sean Penn was in the movie Mystic River which had God damn him again!!!
KEVIN BACON.

But is he responsible with Brintney too?!!

1.Britney Spears had a cameo in Goldmember which stared Gwyneth Paltrow.

2. Gwyneth stared in the movie Ironman with Robert Downey Jr.

3. Robert Downey Jr. stared in Hearts and souls wirh Elisabeth Shue.

4. Elisabethy Shue stared in Hollow man with....
KEVIN BACON!!!

But I dare wonder....Is it possible some how maybe just maybe I am connected to all this??

1. I met Dan Marino who was in Ace Ventura with Jim Carrey.

2. Jim Carrey was in the movie Batman forever directed by Joel Schumacher.

3. Joel also Directed Flatliners with Kevin Bacon....

:soapbox:BACON!!!!!
Just to be safe, I'm going to start blaming you.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Kevin Bacon made Jimmy Buffet get Kenny Loggins to sing Footloose. Here is some rare footage of how it happen.

****WARNING LANGUAGE****

****WARNING KEVIN BACON SINGING***

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions