Balintawak

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by K Williams
I've only attended one Balintawak seminar by GM Taboada in upstate NY...

How did you enjoy this seminar?

:asian:

K Williams

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I liked it a lot. I learned some different ways to strike with a stick, and the technique of tapping your body with the stick to make sure it's still in your hand. You might get hit and have your hand go numb, which has happened to me a few times in sparring(getting hit to the inside of the forearm did this to me...must have hit a nerve or something).

X

XxSweetFacadexX

oops... forgot to ask Bob about the details of his training... but, he did say that he had so many instructors for a reason... so that he would be very versatile... (please don't shoot me for forgetting! i'll ask friday!)

you know... i had something else to post.. but i forgot.. so forgetful... :shrug:

D

dreamthief

well, if you're in the TO area @ sweetfacade, you can show me some basics. i've come to a realization that at the very least, it could augment my search for new ways to improve upon my lackluster health.:)

C

Cuentada

Originally posted by dreamthief
well, if you're in the TO area @ sweetfacade, you can show me some basics. i've come to a realization that at the very least, it could augment my search for new ways to improve upon my lackluster health.:)

check out robert cinco (my previous teacher) of balintawak. his teacher was "JoGo" Milan, one of GM Bacon's top students.

416-503-1782

Paolo

san miguel eskrima

White Belt
Reaction score
"This was planned so that when time came to rise and fight back against the Japanese Forces we are ready for the materials. At the house of DELFIN LOPEZ in Mambaling, Dodong Abellana, transmitted the desire in the presence of the homeowner DELFIN LOPEZ and many others that we confided upon. And we brought to our consideration the possibility of the guerilla in the near future, to carry on the moves was secretly done."

The book also contains information on the exploits of DORING SAAVEDRA and his execution during the japanese occupation. I have met the author of the book. He is 96 years old(a MAESTRO OF ESGRIMA). Hopefully, he is still with us when I visit him again next year. FYI, someone has over 20 hrs of footage of GM Bacon.

Sinugdanan ug Kataposan, Mabuhay,

Ramon Rubia

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by san miguel eskrima
"This was planned so that when time came to rise and fight back against the Japanese Forces we are ready for the materials. At the house of DELFIN LOPEZ in Mambaling, Dodong Abellana, transmitted the desire in the presence of the homeowner DELFIN LOPEZ and many others that we confided upon. And we brought to our consideration the possibility of the guerilla in the near future, to carry on the moves was secretly done."

The book also contains information on the exploits of DORING SAAVEDRA and his execution during the japanese occupation. I have met the author of the book. He is 96 years old(a MAESTRO OF ESGRIMA). Hopefully, he is still with us when I visit him again next year. FYI, someone has over 20 hrs of footage of GM Bacon.

Ramon Rubia

Ramon,

How are you?

I am quite interested in this unbulsihed book. Are there any copies in the states that someone might be able to read in the owners presence? Also I would assume the the footage would be on an older format of tape. Has any looked into getting it moved to VHS? I am not looking for someone to take advantage of the owner of these tapes, only to see that they can be preserved and viewed.

Thank You for your Information.
:asian:

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by san miguel eskrima

Ramon Rubia

Whoa! Great history with both the book and footage on Anciong Bacon. I'd be very interested in these!

Yours,
Dan Anderson

san miguel eskrima

White Belt
Reaction score
Unfortunatley, the book is only located in Cebu. I think it would be an investment of time to visit the Philippines especially in Cebu. Majority of the people who still has ties to the information we seek are getting old and not passing it on to the next generation. I am not saying all of them, but majority of them. That is from my personal experience. When I complete the webiste on San Miguel Eskrima, I will share some insight on hard to get information regarding Cebuano Eskrima.

All I can say about the footage of GM Bacon is that the person has relocated to Mindanao. In my future venture, assuming that the person who knows the information has not passed on also. I will try to get my hands on it.

FYI, For those who are in the Original Balintawak lineage (Nong Ted Buot, Arturo Sanchez, Sergio Arcel,etc..) I beleive they practice in "Tabo Sa Banay in Gaisano South".

Ramon Rubia--Magtutudlo
San Miguel Eskrima, USA
Doce Pares Intenational, California Chapter

Latest Discussions