OP
Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do, with Manong (GM) Ted Buot (1st Generation student of Anciong Bacon).

X

XxSweetFacadexX

did our lil talk get you curious as who else trains in Balintawak? :) i'm curious too...

i do... training with Bob Silver Tabimina (1st generation student Jose Villasin, Teofilo Velez, Timoteo Maranga, Anciong Bacon, and Ciriaco Cañete).

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I train with Manong (GM) Ted Buot

:D

K

krys

Hello there,

Do some of you have some information on the martial art of Tat Kun Tou? There is another variant called Gokosha.
GM A. Bacon of Balintawak was involved in it.
I wonder if these arts are still taught (have some doubts with Gokosha). Is there a place in Manila where I could see them or buy some tapes?

Thanks,
mabuhay ang filipino Silat at Arnis.

OP
Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by krys
Hello there,

Do some of you have some information on the martial art of Tat Kun Tou?

To my knowledge this was taght by a student of Anciong named JoGo (sp). He was half Filipino and half Chinese. The Tat Kun Tao came from Chinese influences. One of his students live in Toronto. His name is Robert Cinco (sp). This is all the ifno I have.

:asian:

K

krys

Hello xSweetFacadexX:
where you already introduced to the empty hands of Balintawak?

I heard Balintawak has a formal empty hand system, is it a form of Combat Judo?
At what stage is empty hands fighting taught?

Tat Kun Tou is a Tsinoy martial art that was developped by one of A. Bacon's students,
i.e. "Kung Fu" with large Balintawak influence.
Gokosha is a later version of the art, I think reserved for advanced students.
Few learned it. There may be some information in the Rapid journal but I cannot buy it here.

Did you already learn the empty hands of Balintawak?

Mabuhay ang filipino Silat at Arnis.

X

XxSweetFacadexX

hey krys,

learned empty hand of mano-mano arnis. none yet for balintawak. Silver says that we'll get around to it soon since i'm a fast learner. he's away for a week, so no lessons for a week :( thanx for the recommendation of him! :D

who do u train under, btw?

K

krys

Hello xX.... (too long to spell with the i give up),

You never sleep (I guess it's 4.5 a.m. in Manila now)...:D

Actually I learn filipino Silat an Cinco Teros Arnis and some other arts (among other Judo Combat) respectively with a GM and a Master when I am in Quezon City. I can't give you their names here but if you are interested I'll ask them.....

Cinco Teros has no formal empty hand training, filipino Silat has both (but you start with empty hands...).

When I'm in France I train with a friend-sparing partner, he shows me Lightning Scientific Arnis and I teach him some Silat and Escrima Basilan style....

Here in Scotland I learn Wing Chun and practice Silat-Arnis alone....

W

Wingman

Hello there,

Do some of you have some information on the martial art of Tat Kun Tou? There is another variant called Gokosha.
I wonder if these arts are still taught (have some doubts with Gokosha). Is there a place in Manila where I could see them or buy some tapes?

Thanks,

Tat Kun Tou & Gokosha was developed by the late Jose Go (Joe Go for short). Tat means intercepting, Kun means fist, Tou means way. Gokosha means "Go family boxing". Tat Kun Tou has a club in Cebu. Very few people learned Gokosha because it was reserved for advanced students.

P

progressivetactics

I was considering looking into this art a bit....IS anyone familiar with Mr Hatch (brian, I believe) from the Canton Michigan Area?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by progressivetactics
or it could be David Hatch.

David Hatch is the name of the person you are looking for.

There is also others on this board who train in Southfield with Manong Ted Buot. Mr Hatches Teacher.

Rocky Paswik
Jim Power
Myself (Rich Parsons)
Paul Janulis

and Tim Harman out in NY who travels in one weekend a month to get his class time in.

There are others who train in this art in southest Michigan as well, just no members of this board.

Contact David Hatch and talk to him.
:asian:

norshadow1

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello there,

Thanks,

Look up Dr. Go. He founded Tat Kun Tao, and if I'm not mistaken lives in or near Cebu city.

Lamont

X

XxSweetFacadexX

Hello xX.... (too long to spell with the i give up),

You never sleep (I guess it's 4.5 a.m. in Manila now)...:D

Actually I learn filipino Silat an Cinco Teros Arnis and some other arts (among other Judo Combat) respectively with a GM and a Master when I am in Quezon City. I can't give you their names here but if you are interested I'll ask them.....

Cinco Teros has no formal empty hand training, filipino Silat has both (but you start with empty hands...).

When I'm in France I train with a friend-sparing partner, he shows me Lightning Scientific Arnis and I teach him some Silat and Escrima Basilan style....

Here in Scotland I learn Wing Chun and practice Silat-Arnis alone....

oh i sleep... just screwed up sleeping habits. lol. i must've went to sleep when you posted.

i'm interested in the GMs that you train with.. having many choices comforts me. i hope to up my training schedule soon to training in 2 arts or instructors a week..

perhaps when you come to QC again and when i deem myself competent enough... we could train a bit together.

K

krys

i'm interested in the GMs that you train with.. having many choices comforts me. i hope to up my training schedule soon to training in 2 arts or instructors a week..

Actually there is only one silat-escrima GM but he is a very good one. I don't know if my Arnis teacher is a GM, anyway he is a master. There are other head instructors of different interesting styles who learn with my GM occasionaly.
I wil contact them, ask their permission, and send you details by e-mail.
Anyway QC is a very good place to train fmas, many good peoples can be found there.....

What is your previous experience in martial arts?

perhaps when you come to QC again and when i deem myself competent enough... we could train a bit together.

Why not if you are in QC? I will be back in 5 weeks.... train hard.....

X

XxSweetFacadexX

this may be a very stupid question... but i'm just curious... Dan Anderson, Rich Parsons, and Renegade all say that they are training with Manong Ted Buot... but Renegade is in Buffalo, Parsons is in Michigan, and Anderson is in Oregon...

now, i know i haven't been in the US in 3 months... but last time i checked, all 3 locations are very far away from each other. buffalo not so far from michigan, but still a long drive...

could someone please explain to me how all 3 of you are training with the same person? or is it that 2 of you aren't training with him anymore?

sorry if this seems like a silly question :confused:

K

krys

Tat Kun Tou & Gokosha was developed by the late Jose Go (Joe Go for short). Tat means intercepting, Kun means fist, Tou means way. Gokosha means "Go family boxing". Tat Kun Tou has a club in Cebu. Very few people learned Gokosha because it was reserved for advanced students.

Look up Dr. Go. He founded Tat Kun Tao, and if I'm not mistaken lives in or near Cebu city.

I won't be able to go to Cebu city that soon....
Do you know if it is also taught in Manila or if there are some tapes around?

Thanks,
Christian.

Mabuhay ang filipino Silat at Arnis.

Latest Discussions