Ashida Kim

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I heard that Ashida Kim and Dr. Haha Lung were created when Chuck Norris roundhouse-kicked Barney Fife so hard that he split in two.

Attachments

• $180px-Barney-Fife.jpg
    $180px-Barney-Fife.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 224

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, I'll check that out.

But I was referring to Ashida's interview where he says that after the meeting of the grand poo bahs, all the Japanese and hard Korean arts decided to do the same firsts five forms and these forms are what you learn to get black belt... guess my black belt isn't real then :(

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, I'll check that out.

But I was referring to Ashida's interview where he says that after the meeting of the grand poo bahs, all the Japanese and hard Korean arts decided to do the same firsts five forms and these forms are what you learn to get black belt... guess my black belt isn't real then :(

Guess mine isn't either :D Interesting to know that Goju and Shotokan have same kata...

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
HA!

Anyone here earn a Black Belt after learning five forms??

Yes. The core curriculum of the American Bando Association is 5 empty hand forms. In addition, there are a number of drills and exercises, though, and 2 required weapon hand forms (one stick, one blade).

The mere number of forms doesn't equate better knowledge. Of course, Ashida Kim's "kata dante" is just silliness... Like most of the rest of what he claims to teach or do!

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Guess mine isn't either :D Interesting to know that Goju and Shotokan have same kata...

...and that Tang Soo Do, ITF TKD and Kukkiwon TKD also have the same five forms... quite a trick, considering that for ITF TKD, Gen. Choi and his chief instructor seem to have created the Chang Hon forms from well-scrambled bit and pieces of various kata.

What this goes to show, ye blaspheming doubters (especially you, jks!!!), is that you all have very wrong ideas and must pay close attention to what Master(of the Universe) Kim sayeth in order to correct them! :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
...and that Tang Soo Do, ITF TKD and Kukkiwon TKD also have the same five forms... quite a trick, considering that for ITF TKD, Gen. Choi and his chief instructor seem to have created the Chang Hon forms from well-scrambled bit and pieces of various kata.

What this goes to show, ye blaspheming doubters (especially you, jks!!!), is that you all have very wrong ideas and must pay close attention to what Master(of the Universe) Kim sayeth in order to correct them! :D

HEY!!!!

now wait a minute here…. I may be a blasphemer but I certainly am NOT a doubter of the great

**stops, averts eyes and bows deeply**

Ashida Kim

:uhyeah:

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
HEY!!!!

now wait a minute here…. I may be a blasphemer but I certainly am NOT a doubter of the great

**stops, averts eyes and bows deeply**

Ashida Kim

:uhyeah:

OK....

WHEW!!

Just wanted to get that straight. No, really, I had a hard time believing you could really... um... doubt that five kata got you a dan ranking...

had to make sure, though, eh? :roflmao:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OK....

WHEW!!

Just wanted to get that straight. No, really, I had a hard time believing you could really... um... doubt that five kata got you a dan ranking...

had to make sure, though, eh? :roflmao:

KATA:confused: What the heck is a kata.... I Do CMA...oh... wait :uhohh:.... were talking Ashida Kim.... by all means yes… certainly…. I agree completely… 100% agreement here…. no doubt about it..... 5 katas gets you a dan rank... heck as far as I am concerned it gives you the right to change your name to Dan if you want.

Please forgive my insolence :asian:

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Please forgive my insolence :asian:

It's all right, XS. You can stop sobbing and begging forgiveness now. All-Knowing Ashida understands. He is aware that we fallible non-Ninjas make such mistake every now and again... :D

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you

I shall now retire and contemplate my transgression

A wise decision, but don't wallow in your guilt. Ashida would want us to move on (in the direction of greater invisibility, presumably...)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
A wise decision, but don't wallow in your guilt. Ashida would want us to move on (in the direction of greater invisibility, presumably...)

WOW!!!

Whilst contemplating my transgression I believe I mastered invisibility.... I could not see my own reflection in a mirror.... of course the room was dark and I couldn't see my hand in front of my face but that again is just more proof that I actually did master invisibility

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
WOW!!!

Whilst contemplating my transgression I believe I mastered invisibility.... I could not see my own reflection in a mirror.... of course the room was dark and I couldn't see my hand in front of my face but that again is just more proof that I actually did master invisibility

Uh-oh.

I think we've entered a new and dangerous phase of developments. If you really have mastered invisibility, then great power has been vouchsafed you.

I think you need to check out the limits of your newfound power. The major question, of course, is, can invisible Ninjas see other invisible Ninjas? Is the invisibility reciprocal? I asssume (of course!) that Ashida can see you, even though you're invisible to anyone else... but what about other members of the Host Invisible?

The problem is, you're going to have to find some invisible Ninjas to check up on this. So you'd probably better start looking for them... and if you can't find any, well, that pretty much answers your question... invisible Ninja's can't see any other invisible Ninjas. On the other hand, if you can see them, well, that's an answer too.

This leaves open of course the problem of figuring out how to tell if any Ninjas you see are indeed invisible, as vs. choosing not to exercise their invisibility powers at that moment... but maybe we'd better leave that as a problem for future research... :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Uh-oh.

I think we've entered a new and dangerous phase of developments. If you really have mastered invisibility, then great power has been vouchsafed you.

I think you need to check out the limits of your newfound power. The major question, of course, is, can invisible Ninjas see other invisible Ninjas? Is the invisibility reciprocal? I asssume (of course!) that Ashida can see you, even though you're invisible to anyone else... but what about other members of the Host Invisible?

The problem is, you're going to have to find some invisible Ninjas to check up on this. So you'd probably better start looking for them... and if you can't find any, well, that pretty much answers your question... invisible Ninja's can't see any other invisible Ninjas. On the other hand, if you can see them, well, that's an answer too.

This leaves open of course the problem of figuring out how to tell if any Ninjas you see are indeed invisible, as vs. choosing not to exercise their invisibility powers at that moment... but maybe we'd better leave that as a problem for future research... :D

I am currently having a hard time with the whole concept of invisibility because it appears that when I am invisible, in a pitch black room, I cannot see anything (possibly I need more training) But since I am invisible it is likely that my eyes are invisible as well and I need to train them to actually reflect an image when they are invisible (aka clear) and unable to reflect anything. Possibly I need some high level training from Ashida Kim to solve this problem. Also I currently have a very hard time maintaining invisibility once the lights are turned on.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am currently having a hard time with the whole concept of invisibility because it appears that when I am invisible, in a pitch black room, I cannot see anything (possibly I need more training) But since I am invisible it is likely that my eyes are invisible as well and I need to train them to actually reflect an image when they are invisible (aka clear) and unable to reflect anything. Possibly I need some high level training from Ashida Kim to solve this problem. Also I currently have a very hard time maintaining invisibility once the lights are turned on.

It is funny how that works.
icon6.gif

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

It's the loss of Qi-focus as a result of the stress of all that light blasting into your (invisible) eyes and going directly to your brain. It hurts!!

I think that yes, you are going to need the ultra-advanced training in Qi-concentration that only Ashida himself can give you... and it won't cost you hardly a penny more than $275/month plus a few minor processing charges and whatnot. Just sign here, please.... :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It is funny how that works.
icon6.gif

Ahh so you have had this problem too.... and here I thought it was just me

It's the loss of Qi-focus as a result of the stress of all that light blasting into your (invisible) eyes and going directly to your brain. It hurts!!

I think that yes, you are going to need the ultra-advanced training in Qi-concentration that only Ashida himself can give you... and it won't cost you hardly a penny more than $275/month plus a few minor processing charges and whatnot. Just sign here, please.... :D

YAHOOOOO!!!!!!!
Got my pen and my credit card right here.

Latest Discussions