Are women biologically programmed to reward cruelty, evil and domination?

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think this is pretty much where I was going. If your criteria for a potential one night stand is "alive and from this planet," you're unlikely to find a meaningful relationship.

I've also found that people who are focused on sexual conquest are often the guys who whine about how they can't find a smart, attractive woman.

Okay, this is really not the case with the community whatsoever. Every single PUA guru (teacher) out there emphasises attracting women of quality. And that of course applies to far more than what they look like, it extends to intelligence, class, style, personality, and more. Obviously each individual guy will have their own preference as to what they are looking for, as each individual woman will have hers as well. But saying that PUAs teach nothing more than getting a girl in bed for a one night stand (I personally don't know of any who teach that as a desired outcome at all, actually) with the limited criteria of "alive and from this planet", then there is no understanding of what they actually do teach.

Pretty much all PUA teachers teach you to qualify, as not all women are "worth" your being attracted to them (again, not talking physical appearance here, more things like personality etc as listed above). In fact, a few are known for being incredibly choosy when it comes to women.

So far pretty much everyone who has commented on PUAs and their teachings are like people who have never studied martial arts, but decide that because they teach combative methods, they only teach violent thugs to beat up people smaller and weaker than they are.

Oh, and Blade, no it's not the same guy. But if you have a few spare hours, try googling the username here.... a few interesting things to find, to say the least! Suffice to say that wherever he goes he asks these same questions, and seems to not listen when told how off he is in these ideas. But this is not rdonovan1. I have no doubt on that one.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Okay, this is really not the case with the community whatsoever. Every single PUA guru (teacher) out there emphasises attracting women of quality. And that of course applies to far more than what they look like, it extends to intelligence, class, style, personality, and more. Obviously each individual guy will have their own preference as to what they are looking for, as each individual woman will have hers as well. But saying that PUAs teach nothing more than getting a girl in bed for a one night stand (I personally don't know of any who teach that as a desired outcome at all, actually) with the limited criteria of "alive and from this planet", then there is no understanding of what they actually do teach.

Pretty much all PUA teachers teach you to qualify, as not all women are "worth" your being attracted to them (again, not talking physical appearance here, more things like personality etc as listed above). In fact, a few are known for being incredibly choosy when it comes to women.

So far pretty much everyone who has commented on PUAs and their teachings are like people who have never studied martial arts, but decide that because they teach combative methods, they only teach violent thugs to beat up people smaller and weaker than they are.

Oh, and Blade, no it's not the same guy. But if you have a few spare hours, try googling the username here.... a few interesting things to find, to say the least! Suffice to say that wherever he goes he asks these same questions, and seems to not listen when told how off he is in these ideas. But this is not rdonovan1. I have no doubt on that one.
Chris, I'm sorry for the confusion, but I am commenting on the men who would be likely candidates for following the advertising in a Maxim magazine or a PUA, not the quality of the advice itself. I'm sorry I didn't make that clear. I know nothing about PUAs, what they teach or why they teach it. I don't even know what PUA stands for. So, any perception I've given that I'm commenting or critiquing the teachings or philosophies related to PUA'ing (which is probably not even a legitimate verb) are unintentional.

I do know quite a few pitiful men, though. :)

We're having a parallel conversation here, intersecting only at guys who are unhappy, lack confidence and have trouble meeting women of quality. And once again, from my experience having known many guys like that both in the military, in college and just in life, my perception is that many of them create their own reality. They're looking to get laid and if they're aiming so low (forgive the double entendre) they're likely to get exactly what they're looking for, if they're lucky. In other words, these guys are, at best, getting exactly what they're looking for... which is very little in the scheme of things. Short term gratification but little else.

Ultimately, the point I'm driving at is that, while sex is awesome, if that's the target, that speaks to pretty low standards amounting to "any girl attracted to me."

This statement is completely independant of what a PUA might or might not teach.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, the old ways are best. Just wack em over the head with a club and drag em back to the cave.

When I think about it, it would explain the brain damage needed in some relationships. :D
So, was that how Susan got stuck with you? ;)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, was that how Susan got stuck with you? ;)

She had the whacking over the head part down pat....but dragging him back took a bit of doing.

You did know that's why Susan has a bad back and Bob hasn't been able to train in MA for some years now, eh? ;)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You'd think he'd at least if he's going to ask the same question everywhere, at least word it even slightly differently! Not a word for word post...everytime! But as someone else on another site said..why are you spamming with this? There must be better ways of amusing yourself!

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

No problems at all, my friend, I was kinda using your post as a springboard to address a few misunderstanding that seem to be around (don't like being refered to as a moron by some, even incidentally... kinda hoped I'd proven myself a bit beyond that here), based on a number of posts and the "thanking" that went along with them. But, as said before, I try to keep that side out of here for the most part.

Tez, you went through some of those things? I could barely handle more than a few.... the wordpress site of his is rather terrifying, to be honest! I'd want to be calling in counselors if I was in his social circle after reading some of that.... Still, I don't think we'll be seeing him back here again. I think the whole breakfast discussion kinda threw him! Which is simply very cool.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Breakfast?

Just coffee for me today, with a side of adrenaline!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris, I can read very very fast so can get through a lot, I can't however add up or do arithmetic (I love calculators), still, swings and roundabouts lol! Some people have a Jekyll and Hyde thing going on with the internet, I doubt there any way to know to know which is the real personality. It could simply be a student trying to wind people up or could be a real nutter.There could also be no way of knowing is someone you know is playing these 'games' on the internet. On an MMA site I use we have a 'troll hole' where things can be put and you can reply or not, or you can even post something there first lol. something like this would be sent there and you can have a pop at them big style if you wish :ultracool!

My mealtimes are all messed up as I'm a shift worker, I do 12 hour shifts of two days, two nights then four off so breakfast is at different times of the day and night for me. I love a couple of soft boiled eggs with bread soldiers at any time of the day or night. when I'm on days I'm up at five in the morning and really can't eat them so it's a bowl of muesli about seven for me then, no cooking facilities for hot stuff other than a microwave.

OP
E

enamdar

White Belt
Reaction score
It is true that I've asked this question a lot. I think all that proves is that I must really care a lot about this stupid question for some reason. And I do.

I specifically said in my OP that I was not some bitter nice guy who's been rejected. IDK I had a weird situation through JRHS and HS where girls would pretend to like me and literally chase me. The best way to put it is omega jerk. Although I wasn't quite omega or a jerk.

Its true that Hitch PUA makes it look in good taste. Just teaching nice guys how to get themselves out there. But there are darker shades of PUA based on evopsych that really hammer home that cruelty works. And thats the kind of world I feel I'm stuck in. And thats what gets me, not getting a date is nothing, its living in a world where cruelty is rewarded. And the only answers I've gotten is to learn to accept the cruel world. And I can't do that, so my life is just draining into the sewer.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Y'know what?

I'm tired and not in the mood. You don't seem to have a martial arts related question or interest. You've ducked any inquiry on that front.

You don't need pick up artist advice. You don't need to spout your jumbled and twisted crap here. You DO need therapy. With a licensed professional. I don't know what all's going on -- but you clearly have some issues that somebody with the right string of letters after their name (MSW, MD, or PhD) might be able to help you with.

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
It is true that I've asked this question a lot. I think all that proves is that I must really care a lot about this stupid question for some reason. And I do.

I specifically said in my OP that I was not some bitter nice guy who's been rejected. IDK I had a weird situation through JRHS and HS where girls would pretend to like me and literally chase me. The best way to put it is omega jerk. Although I wasn't quite omega or a jerk.

Its true that Hitch PUA makes it look in good taste. Just teaching nice guys how to get themselves out there. But there are darker shades of PUA based on evopsych that really hammer home that cruelty works. And thats the kind of world I feel I'm stuck in. And thats what gets me, not getting a date is nothing, its living in a world where cruelty is rewarded. And the only answers I've gotten is to learn to accept the cruel world. And I can't do that, so my life is just draining into the sewer.

This is a Choice you have made. You choose to see the answers that re-enforce your point of view, that validate what you allready believe. It is your CHOICE to do this.

But there is another way to see the actions of others. We are allmost all the same, really. We are all trying to get allong in this world the best way we know how. Sometimes that isn't very good because no one has taught us how or something inside us makes us different from the rest so we don't fit in. We are all damaged in some way and dealing the best we can to Love and be Loved. Approach people with that mind set, look not at the actions but at the reasons behind the actions.

I'm sorry if you think cruelty is rewarded. Cruelty is a sign of weakness and deep sadness, or deep pathology. It is self limiting, a downward spiral that leads nowhere. Please look again with fresh eyes.

Lori

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes but what do you eat for breakfast?

yeah life is lousy, it's cruel, rotten and lousy, now get over it.

I've seen soldiers who've lost three limbs who still have a lust for life, that can see why life's worth living. they are climbing mountains, sailing the world, skiing, loving and generally getting on with things.
You won't get sympathy from me, I've said it before, sympathy comes betweeen s*** and syphilis in the dictionary. Sit in the gutter whinging or get out and do something with the life you've been given and others are dying for, please yourself I don't give a stuff.

Been on nights and worrying all night as a soldier from the Royal Draggon Guards has been killed in Afghan and I'm waiting to see if it's one of my students as we have a few from them. Lost three from the Lancs Regt this last week, so anyone shinfing about their poor lot in life is not going to get nice words from me.

enamdar, give it a rest pal.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sympathy might lie where it does in the dictionary, Tez but you have mine as you deal with those high stress circumstances.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sympathy might lie where it does in the dictionary, Tez but you have mine as you deal with those high stress circumstances.

Thank you, it's far worse for the families here. One of the ladies who cleans the offices husband is away and last week the lad who used to babysit for them was killed, same regiment as her husband. You can imagine how she felt but she and some of the other wives are getting together to arrange a walk around the Garrison, with everyone paying say a fiver and a couple of quid for dogs to raise money for the Mercian's Regimental (I think one of their Battalions is your local regiment, we have the 1st Batt. here, the old Chesires) fund which at the moment is looking after the families of those wounded in Selly Oak hospital. They are also and the other wives clubs are doing this as well, arranging outings and activities for the children. This is better than sitting around feeling sorry for yourself muttering what a cruel world it is.

The service personnel know the dangers and accept them knowing they are serving their country, the families support their loved ones therefore are also serving their country. All have chosen not sit whinging about what's fair and not fair, they get on with life knowing how precious it is! The local hospital is bracing itself btw for an influx of births nine months after the soldiers return! Not for the obvious reasons but because the soldiers having seen death at first hand, want to celebrate and make new life. They want to perpetuate life not take it. One soldier having lost three limbs has vowed to ask his girfriend to marry him as soon as he can get down on one 'knee'.

Enamdar, life is a mirror, what you give out you will get back. Make some life affirming moves, do something positive without expecting a return for youself and funnily enough your life will improve. Stop expecting life to owe you anything. You post on here, knowing nothing about the backgrounds of anyone here, how they may have overcome tragedies, hardships and life's 'cruelties' and expect what? You say you've been told to live with it? Well frankly whether you do or not isn't our concern.... but if you want to take up a martial art, discuss life. the universe and the answer to everything with good people who manage everyday to find something life affirming you're in the right place.

Oh and you still haven't said what you eat for breakfast? I think it may be sour grapes myself.

All those watching the world cup...aren't those vuvuzelas a pain!! I don't watch it, it's on at work lol.

Latest Discussions