Anderson Silva Vs. Bas Rutten

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Match 4 of the MT MMA Tournament. If anyone is confused about the way it works, here is the link explaining the boxing tournament, the rules are the same just a different sport.

Martial Talk Boxing Tournament With Poll/Bracket

The only change will be (excluding this one) each friday I will post the new matchup, and each wednesday I will announce the winner.

This is the bracket listing, for anyone curious MartialTalk MMA Tournament - Challonge

The match is Anderson Silva Vs. Bas Rutten
Have your say: Anderson Silva Vs. Bas Rutten

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Very difficult to say, both extraordinary fighters. I'm gonna have to go with Bas

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bas 100% great ambassador for the sport, never any controversy a true martial artist against a steroid cheat who's arrogant and disrespectful to his opponents, weidmans ko of him is still my favourite Mma moment

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
In his prime years, nobody beats Anderson. The guy had literal spider sense for like 5 years.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My, my, what an interesting match up!

OP
Monkey Turned Wolf

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking like a win towards Bas Rutten. I'll leave it open until the end of the day here in case anyone missed the thread on Friday.

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Bas liver targeting when he is in his prime is really accurate, AS can no defend.
AS in the other hand has a good counter style, but as middle weight vs heavy weight , i choose heavy weight.

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk

OP
Monkey Turned Wolf

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bas liver targeting when he is in his prime is really accurate, AS can no defend.
AS in the other hand has a good counter style, but as middle weight vs heavy weight , i choose heavy weight.

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk
Bas already won. Posting the next match up today. But just an fyi, the purpose is not necessarily to focus on weijght class, since then the heavyweights would automatically win. More who is the 'better' fighter, however you wouild define better.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bas rutten wins over in his prime Anderson?

We'll have to assume someone threw a banana peel in the ring and Silva slipped and knocked himself out.

DanT

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Anderson seems to be a lot more agile and loose, where Bas is more of a one hit, one kill type fighter. Anderson is like a F-22, whereas Bas is more like a M1 Abrams.

Latest Discussions