You're Walking Down a Dark Alley - Semi Sucker Punch?

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don’t cook it often because it’s really easy to mess up. There’s a very short window. Too long and it’s too rubbery. Not long enough and it’s mushy. And that window’s only a minute or two.

I stick to shellfish and fish if I’m cooking seafood.
Have you ever cooked them over open fire? They seem easier to cook that way to me.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Have you ever cooked them over open fire? They seem easier to cook that way to me.
I grilled them a few times. On a sheet of aluminum foil on the grill, and in an aluminum pan kind of thing on the grill. Actually, it was a new grill drip pan that goes under the grill. I put a little butter, lemon, garlic, and some seasoning in it, put the scallops in, then threw it on the grill. Came out great.

Broiled them a few times with mixed results.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I grilled them a few times. On a sheet of aluminum foil on the grill, and in an aluminum pan kind of thing on the grill. Actually, it was a new grill drip pan that goes under the grill. I put a little butter, lemon, garlic, and some seasoning in it, put the scallops in, then threw it on the grill. Came out great.

Broiled them a few times with mixed results.
I like seasoning them and then marinating them on top of the grill, no pan. Making me hungry.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don’t know about the others, but you can cook squid for a long time and it’s very tender. It goes from tender to chewy and then back to tender. :)

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don’t know about the others, but you can cook squid for a long time and it’s very tender. It goes from tender to chewy and then back to tender. :)
Interesting. I’ve never cooked squid before. I cooked octopus twice. Messed it up both times.

Edit: actual octopus, not baby octopus.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I like seasoning them and then marinating them on top of the grill, no pan. Making me hungry.
I’m getting hungry too. I never put them directly on the grill because I’ve always worried about it sticking and falling apart trying to take it off.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
All this talk about cooking seafood is getting to me. I can’t cook it often because my wife is allergic to iodine, which shellfish and the like all have. Sucks, but it is what it is.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don’t cook it often because it’s really easy to mess up. There’s a very short window. Too long and it’s too rubbery. Not long enough and it’s mushy. And that window’s only a minute or two.

I stick to shellfish and fish if I’m cooking seafood.

But yeah, it cooks pretty quick. Can’t talk away from it.

Yeah, I'm kind of like that too. I haven't cooked anything in a long time. My wife thinks that is her job and I should stay out of it. Luckily she is a very good cook so I don't argue that. So either she cooks or we eat out. But even she acknowledges squid and like items require close care when cooking. And we seldom eat things like that uncooked. The one thing we may eat raw is oyster on the half-shell. But we check it and even then usually only from places we trust.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If you haven't spent time in cities, you've probably not seen many dark alleys. You're less likely to have ever walked down any. It's a good idea to keep it that way. Not much good ever happens down a dark alley.

But sometimes cops have to. It's the stuff nightmares are made of.

CopDoughnut.jpg

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you haven't spent time in cities, you've probably not seen many dark alleys. You're less likely to have ever walked down any. It's a good idea to keep it that way. Not much good ever happens down a dark alley.

But sometimes cops have to. It's the stuff nightmares are made of.

View attachment 21781
And that happened in broad daylight. What’s this world coming to?

Latest Discussions