Your quotation?????

msaker

White Belt
Reaction score
I think Mark Twain has the best quotes, I'm not sure if this is one of them but it could be.

Mike

Corporal Hicks

Black Belt
Reaction score
My orginal with I had for a year was considered too rude by one other member. Funny that I got two negative reps from that same person and they didnt tell me who there were. Nor did they send me a private message before giving me negative reps.

Mine are usually movie quotes that go with my sign in name. I like some of your guys though, they stop and make you think!

Great stuff

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
hm, let me see what they are, I'll edit and explain...

*Edit*

this is my siggy at the moment...

"The worst way to miss someone is to be standing right next to them knowing you can't have them."
Tracy Kenpoists will eventually take over the world...it'll be black gi's as far as the eye can see.

www.kenpothoughts.com <-- the very first MA community I joined...(waaay back in january) lotsa fun!

I have the first one because it reflects upon a situation I currently find myself in... it truely is the worst way to miss someone... :frowns:

moving on...

the second quote was made by a member here, but I had to take their name away from they quote because they did not say "tracy's" kenpoists... but it makes more sense that way, in tracy's everyone wears black gis whereas in other kenpo styles you only get a black gi as a black belt.

the third part isnt really a quote, just a link to a cool site

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Both of my quotes are sayings I cam up with.

The quote "Goince places unmapped...." was something I made up in the early 90s to kinda some up a general attitude of adventurousness and randomness, with a hint of danger.

The "So many joints..." quote came from self-defense TKD training after my instructor was showing the different ways you could twist or strike someone once you got them in a certain position after they struck but before they hit the ground. I sorta quipped "so many joints, so little time" to kinda sum up my thoughts that there were a lot of ways to hurt someone on their way down, but only a short amount of time to do it, which is sad in a way :)

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
One of the many unintentionally hilarious (mis)quotes from the early Hong Kong fight movies. This was actually from a Bruce Lee movie. Can you recall which one?...:supcool:

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm going to be original and say that it reflects my personality ;-)

I don't currently use one as a signature, but I do have a collection, usually dealing with critical thinking, good examples of wit, philosophy etc.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I realized I expanded my sig since I originally posted

"The six pack..keg" remark is something I once remarked to my wife when I looked at my stomach and realized that my m/a training had improved my physique

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Right now my quote is "Don't think of yourself as an UGLY PERSON ... think of yourself as a GORGEOUS MONKEY."

... copied it off of a bumper sticker because it made me laugh loudly, deeply and repeatedly (sounds nasty doesn't it?).

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Marginal said:
Bonus for any geeks that recognize my current sig's origin.
Sorry dude, Yahoo searches only turn up results in Japanese ;-)

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score

Given that it's misspelled, probably Slashdot. :)

j/k, I found the source but I cheated so I can't take geek credit

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:

Given that it's misspelled, probably Slashdot. :)
Hale Teh internet!

KenpoEMT

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well, the armed missle part of my sig was just something that I thought to myself one day while trying to determine a goal. It is possible that I actually heard it some where, and it was just hanging out in my subconscious waiting to present...

The other quote is from a post here on MT in an old thread about Systema. I laughed when I first read it, and then the meaning sank in. Honestly, I think that it is the world's greatest quote (from a MA's perspective, anyway).

Latest Discussions