Your default mental song?

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Arkansas Traveller version sung by the buzzard in the Warner Bros. cartoon with the Lion and the time capsule...

"Bringin' home a baby bumble bee; won't my mother be so proud of me".

I've hummed that tune while beating the tar out of people, and while getting the tar beaten out of me. Adds humor to an otherwise unpleasant circumstance.

D.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Arkansas Traveller version sung by the buzzard in the Warner Bros. cartoon with the Lion and the time capsule...

"Bringin' home a baby bumble bee; won't my mother be so proud of me".

My liddle Killah, hes justa like his Papa..Ptooowee!!

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Today I discovered I was humming the Banana Splits theme song...

Oh god no you've set off my internal music player.... Drac!!! Why did you have to say that I thought I'd lost it at last!

Yes the Banana Splits theme tune sometimes comes into my head, but I drown it out with my other mental tunes, which are both Bruce Springsteen ones, "Thunder Road" and "Tenth Avenue Freeze Out", I love them both and spent ages learning the words as a teeneager so they kinda stuck in there.

Recently though "Maria" by Blondie keeps turning up, probably because I use it as a running song for it's beat.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Recently though "Maria" by Blondie keeps turning up, probably because I use it as a running song for it's beat.

I can see that..I learned how to roller skate to the old 70's song "Brand New Key" The gliding beat helped my concentration..

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I must have a HUGE mult disc player in my head..Yesterday for no reason the song "Sit down you're rocking the boat" from "Guys and Dolls" manifested itself..

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just spent a fitful night with The Killers' "Andy, You're A Star" looping in my brain. I could not get that song out of my head. About 2:30am, I started to consider trying to kill that particular brain cell with booze.

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I read a psychology article on how all that works, apparantly there's this little bit of your brain that processes music memory, if a song gets stuck in it, the best thign to do is play that song in your head from start to finish to "program" that part of the brain into thinking it's finished than try and go through another song or two from start to finish.

It worked for me!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I started to consider trying to kill that particular brain cell with booze.

Naw,that don't work..It seems to release songs that you thought you'd forgotten...Not always pretty...

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I read a psychology article on how all that works, apparantly there's this little bit of your brain that processes music memory, if a song gets stuck in it, the best thign to do is play that song in your head from start to finish to "program" that part of the brain into thinking it's finished than try and go through another song or two from start to finish.

It worked for me!

I'll have to try that. Thanks!

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
"Voices" -Disturbed.
icon10.gif

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oddly, I tend to get songs running through my head when I'm doing stuff I don't want to do at work. The winners of the song most likely to pop up are:

It's Alright - Black Sabbath
I Quit - Hepburn

Now that's a disperate pair if I ever saw one :D.

Kudos to those that have aired memories of Floyd, Yes, Rush, Springsteen, Free, Montrose, Blondie and other bands close to my heart.

I usually find 'music' threads leave me floundering feeling terribly old but this one makes me feel right at home ... thinking about it, that's the second music thread here that's done that. Maybe Martial Talk is the home of the rocking martial artist :lol:?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I tell you what's worse than songs is theme music..Got good and wasted awhile back and started humming and da-da-da-ing a piece of theme music that came out of nowhere, it had been released by the alcohol..Those partying with me picked up the tune and STILL could figure it out..We figured it out the next day..It was the theme to "The Benny Hill Show"...

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I tell you what's worse than songs is theme music..Got good and wasted awhile back and started humming and da-da-da-ing a piece of theme music that came out of nowhere, it had been released by the alcohol..Those partying with me picked up the tune and STILL could figure it out..We figured it out the next day..It was the theme to "The Benny Hill Show"...
Jeopardy theme!

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It varies. Because I have a four year old, I regularly end up with the theme from Toopy and Binoo in there. Come to think of it, I end up with various TV theme songs playing in my head. Lots of Night Court lately, as well as Magnum P.I.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It varies. Because I have a four year old, I regularly end up with the theme from Toopy and Binoo

WHO???? I better what I say. One time was visiting my Brother and my Nieces were watching Barney..I asked them who was his little green side kick..My oldest Niece looked at me and said in a surprized "Uncle Dan , don;t you know anything???"

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
My boyfriend heard what song goes through my head when I really need to get out.... I start singing the ABC's. I know- how sad is that, right?

Ok, now I'm starting to sound like a lunatic. Would it be worse if I told you all that I go as far as sininging it in different genres, like rap? I don't even like rap!

Latest Discussions