You don't stop fighting just because you get shot!

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
With video. Brave lady.

http://www.wptz.com/r/25422139/detail.html

CHARLESTON, Vt. -- Donelle Morin came home from the hospital Sunday afternoon after being shot and stabbed multiple times.She says two men approached her house in Charleston, Vt. on Thursday asking for help with a broken down car. When she went outside, she says they brutally attacked her. But she fought back."We're wrestling with the gun and it's aimed at me. And I was like, 'that's not good,'" she said. "So I aim it back at him and a couple shots go off that way."Morin described her ordeal while wearing bandages and walking on crutches. She says the only reason she survived is because she fought back."You don't stop fighting just because you're shot," she said. "You don't stop, because then you're dead."

Tanaka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Admirable. I never seen a regular person have such warrior spirit. I wish the article described a bit more on what happened. Like what injuries did those other guys receive, and what made them stop their attack?

Muawijhe

Green Belt
Reaction score
Very interesting.

Goes for the saying, "Train how you will fight. Never stop fighting."

Sgt. Rory Miller speaks of this in his book Meditations on Violence (highly recommended reading for all martial artists), where Law Enforcement Officers would give up and "die" in training seminars when "shot", only to mimick the behavior if actually shot in real life.

The stop-go-stop-go-tag-you're-it behavior in a lot of dojos I think can lead to a bad mindset when and if the students are ever in a confrontation of violence/life/death.

Mark Jordan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Admirable indeed!

Refusal to back down is the stuff that fighters are made of.

Hope your recovery goes well and fast.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
What I've always been told, is that you may have a few seconds left after taking a shot, before you go down--keep fighting until you have no choice.

Kudos to the lady!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bravo..Well done..She wasnt the first ,check out this clip..

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions