Would-be clinic bomber arrested

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/2010/09/27/moose-leaves-tracks-on-facebook/

While a Christian minister in Florida was dominating the 24-hour news cycle with his plans to burn the Koran, another Christian extremist was arrested for helping someone he believed would blow up an abortion clinic in North Carolina. Fortunately, the person he thought he was helping happened to be a federal informant.

The part that hit me the hardest was this:

People say sarcastically ‘what’s the difference between a Christian terrorist and a Islamic terrorist’ I tell them simply that I’m right and I serve a living God! THAT’S the difference.

I suspect that human nature has pulled the plug on more criminal activity than we'll ever know. Especially of the fanatical kind. If you feel strongly enough about an issue to kill people, and you're arrogant enough that God told you you're right, it's going to be damn hard to keep your mouth shut.

He also posted inflammatory material on New York NARAL’s Facebook page, thus triggering an investigation by the FBI.

Of course, there's blabbing and then there's blabbing. At least Scott Roeder was smart enough to limit his online musings to the radical chat rooms that agreed with him.

:iws: