Yang Style Taiji in Washington State

O

ob2c

I'm looking for a good instructor in Washington state who teaches the martial applications of Yang Taiji. I'm in central Washington, but traveling to get personal instruction is an option. I'm a beggining student, but there is a very advanced student who also wants to find good instruction a litle closer to home. Her sifu is in DesMoins, Iowa. We might be open to other schools, such as Yiliquan. I'd personally love to study Chin-na and Shui-jao also. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

OP
O

ob2c

Originally posted by arnisador
Have you had any luck?

Yes. I've talked with an instructor on the coast by e-mail who saw my post here. I'm backing off now and letting the senior student talk with him, though she's pretty busy with post graduate work so I may just go over and talk with him if she can't get free. Thanks for asking.

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
ob2c

What about Master Christopher Pei at the US Wushu Academy. He teaches Traditional Yang Family Taijiquan and is a high level teacher.

Regards

Alistair Sutherland

OP
O

ob2c

East Winds, do you have an e-mail address or a web site for him? Thanks.

OP
O

ob2c

East Winds, thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I live in the other Washington (state).

I see you're a Scot. Last I heard one of my sister in laws moved to Scotland. The other married a Scot (Hamish). One of these years I'm going to have to go visit them.

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
ob2c

Oops, Sorry. Never was very good at geography, particularly North American geography:erg: I have worked with Master Pei on several occassions and in fact he is my teachers, teacher.

We have a lively Taiji scene here in Scotland, mainly Cheng Man-ching though. Some Wu and a bit of Traditional Yang. Chen is beginning to make a bit of a break through and of course we still have the crystal gazing, hippy taicheese lot as well.

Very Best wishes in your search

Alistair Sutherland