Wow that just happened!

INDYFIGHTER

Purple Belt
Reaction score
As I was sitting here reading the Two Wolves thread I heard the alarm go off at the back door to the Harley shop I work in. Then I saw through my office window the parts manager and a few others running towards the door. I bolted and headed towards the door. A older guy I work with was going to slow me down going through the door so I began to growl starting low and getting louder, sounds stupid but Larry got out of my way. When I got outside I found my co-workers surrounding a white van with one person in the drivers seat. I reconized him immediately as the man in the photos that's shop lifted from us at least three times that we've caught on tape. Someone was trying to open the drivers door and the driver was holding the door closed. I helped and the door came open. I reached through and went for a choke but he managed to put the van in reverse and was backing out. One of our techs had opened the sliding door on the other side and was coming through the back seat. After alot of yelling the driver stopped the van. I tried and tried to pull the man from the van but he was too big. The tech in the back seat reached through and pulled the keys. Maybe it was the bouncer in me but I was not wanting to through any punchs and risk losing the prosocution of this guy. However another tech wasn't as nice and as I pulled on the guys neck he reached through and delivered six or seven devistating rear elbows to this guys face eventually cutting his forehead. He was done. Pulling on his neck and the tech pulling on his hair we drug him to the ground and it was over. Police were here in about two minutes and it was done.

And to think I asked today where I could find motivation.

Blotan Hunka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No property is worth getting dragged to death. A license plate would have been safer. Glad your OK though.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, The good news is things ended for you guys in safe way. Glad you got the bad guy. I'm sure he will not go to you place again! .....Aloha

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hope the guy's lawyer doesn't try to throw a lawsuit against your company for assault. Doesn't matter if HE was trying to steal from you, ya'll beat up on him... lawyers suck that way.

Good job though catching the bad guy.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree but when your friends and coworkers are already ingaged in battle...
I'm glad everyone ended up OK, and the bad guy got caught... But I have huge problems with the idea of grabbing some guy for offenses that occurred on another day, as I read your post. The biggest are safety concerns; Blotan Hunka mentioned being dragged. What if he'd had a gun in the car? Or pulled a knife?

Then there are the civil liability problems... Any of you want to give this jerk your home, house & bike because he sues you for false arrest? Or because he got hurt while resisting you?

You could have easily gotten his tag, and probably even gotten his info through some ruse while "helping" him, and even had the cops come. Much less risk to you...

Like I said... I'm glad you got the guy, and glad nobody got hurt. But businesses really need to develop a plan for handling this sort of incident so that it's not developed off the cuff, like this apparently was.

Hell -- off duty, I'm likely to call the cops rather than intervene myself! Why? The guys working have all their tools; I don't.

LuzRD

Black Belt
Reaction score
like everyone else said, im glad your ok man!
and im glad that you are coolminded enough to think during stressfull situations.
it sounds to me like you did exactly what you had to do (and everything that you could) to ensure the safety of those around you, good job!
now talk to the techs, and whoever else decided that coppers wear dickies and let them know that a license plate number and vehicle description is all that is needed (no it dont feel as rewarding as punching a bad guy in the ear, but neither do light truck tires dancing on your spleen).

now what kinda deal can i get on a used bike? :) :) :) :) :)

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
congrats on getting the guy. THat was a wicked story. Glad everyone is safe as well could have been a lot worse, thank God the guy wasnt armed

B

OP
INDYFIGHTER

INDYFIGHTER

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I think I failed to mention he had two womens leather jackets stuffed in his pants which were worth about $300.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think I failed to mention he had two womens leather jackets stuffed in his pants which were worth about $300.

Well, I hear some Wisconsinites say that leather is the next best thing to deerskin.

Sorry upnorthkyosa! ;)

Joking aside, I'm glad you are ok as things could have turned out much worse.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I for one am glad that you and your co-workers are okay. However, maybe in the future just get a license plate and let the police take over. A few years ago a world class thai boxer from the Fairtex gym saw someone hit his car and then take off. He ran and caught up with the person at a stop light and was promptly shot and killed by that person. No property is worth the hassle unless your life is in immediate jeopardy.

Once again I am glad that you are safe.

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well done on stopping the guy, I noticed that you didn't want to punch him so I won't add to the rest of the comments about that, I'll just say well done for keeping your cool and finding your motivation.

Oh and thanks for the advert for my thread :D

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
That was excitement huh?
Next time when you pull the keys out just have step everyone away from the van and wait for police. I work at Wal-Mart and you can't imagine how many shop-lifters get out of trouble just because the way they get stopped...law unfortunately isn't always by the innocents' side.

P.S. I am reading Musashi's book right now, Sensei let me borrow it. It is full of good stuff. Most of his techniques unfortunately are unknown to me so it is kinda hard to picture what he talks about, but his "science" is stainless...maybe that's why he was undefeated!

OP
INDYFIGHTER

INDYFIGHTER

Purple Belt
Reaction score
P.S. I am reading Musashi's book right now, Sensei let me borrow it. It is full of good stuff. Most of his techniques unfortunately are unknown to me so it is kinda hard to picture what he talks about, but his "science" is stainless...maybe that's why he was undefeated!

It's a great read! My friends bought me Sun Tzu's Art of War for my birthday and it's also a great read. The pricipals are the same today as they were thousands of years ago.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hope the guy's lawyer doesn't try to throw a lawsuit against your company for assault. Doesn't matter if HE was trying to steal from you, ya'll beat up on him... lawyers suck that way.

Good job though catching the bad guy.

Sometimes things just gotta be done....................

Yep...Good job..Glad you're ok...

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
quote=wade;754402"Sometimes things just gotta be done".

Continuing in that veign, Sometimes you gotta make it do what it do...

1stJohn1:9

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think you all where lucky he did not have a gun.
Good job on getting him
as the others have said a call to the police and the license number might have done the same thing but I understand the feeling of needing to catch him yourselves

Latest Discussions