Worship Martial Arts

OP
A

amit.sharma1228

White Belt
Reaction score
If what you want is showy and fun-to-watch, this is probably the fastest way to get to that. Maybe add in some Parkour. If you focus on the acrobatic movements of the three, you will get to showiness much faster than by training for actual fighting.
Parkour seems to be too good

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's a dad doing it for his son, he'll love it I promise. His dad will look like a superhero which is what every kid wants.
It's his nephew not his son. And also I just believe it would make him see what he's doing and feel jealous that he can't do it and make him feel worse about his disability because he'd love to be doing it himself . If that is the handicap is that severe that he can't train which I can't say if it is or not without knowing what it is. But yeah maybe he will love it Im just saying how I'd feel in the kids position

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
My oldest son is handicapped.

My youngest son competes and the way we help our oldest be part of it is by letting him go and watch. He is my youngest son's coach, manager, promoter, and videographer.

My oldest and I then put the videos together under the name "Big Bro Sports Management". He enjoys it and it's our way of making sure he is included.

Maybe if possible bring him with you and find a way for him to help you train.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's his nephew not his son

Same difference! It's a close relationship ( maybe he hasn't got a father) I can't do parkour, certainly can't do capoeira and I don't feel jealous. At my age I can't do a lot of things I used to but it doesn't make me jealous when I see people doing things. We all have limitations but it doesn't ( certainly it shouldn't) make us feel bad.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
What's his handicap? I've seen plenty of people with various disabilities and handicaps. Myself Had dyspraxia since I was young which means I struggle with co-ordination and martial arts improved it so much. I also was diagnosed about 2 years ago with onset diabetes and have to monitor my blood sugars and martial arts helps keep it low so I can stay healthy and stay off insulin for as long as possible. I know my situations are very mild compared to others but unless he's full body paralysed there should be a martial art he can do. Maybe it won't be easy but if he really wants it he should be able to do something.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's his handicap? I've seen plenty of people with various disabilities and handicaps. Myself Had dyspraxia since I was young which means I struggle with co-ordination and martial arts improved it so much. I also was diagnosed about 2 years ago with onset diabetes and have to monitor my blood sugars and martial arts helps keep it low so I can stay healthy and stay off insulin for as long as possible. I know my situations are very mild compared to others but unless he's full body paralysed there should be a martial art he can do. Maybe it won't be easy but if he really wants it he should be able to do something.
I have a student with a significant neurological issue that affects one side of her body, her learning approach, and a couple of other areas (including strength). Not a profound issue, but certainly significant compared to what most of us deal with.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Had a thought. Pro wrestling would work for what you want to do.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Had a thought. Pro wrestling would work for what you want to do.
Nope. I have a student who had to retire from pro wrestling in his mid 20's due to physical injuries. Injuries are common in U.S. professional wrestling. Apparently, the culture is "tough guy" where people are encouraged to continue hard physical training even while injured, often seriously so. Broken large bones, back and neck injuries, and other injuries are apparently far more common than many of us knew. Wrestlers are judged lacking if they are unwilling to work while injured.

While American Professional Wrestlers are talented showmen, well trained, and have many laudable attributes, I believe that it would be a bad fit for what the OP wants.

That said, going by what the OP apparently wants, I'd suggest training with a Stage Combat expert. I have a few friends in the field, mostly in the U.S., but they might be able to point the OP to someone who could help, provided he was interested. I wouldn't expect it to be free, however.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nope. I have a student who had to retire from pro wrestling in his mid 20's due to physical injuries. Injuries are common in U.S. professional wrestling. Apparently, the culture is "tough guy" where people are encouraged to continue hard physical training even while injured, often seriously so. Broken large bones, back and neck injuries, and other injuries are apparently far more common than many of us knew. Wrestlers are judged lacking if they are unwilling to work while injured.

While American Professional Wrestlers are talented showmen, well trained, and have many laudable attributes, I believe that it would be a bad fit for what the OP wants.

That said, going by what the OP apparently wants, I'd suggest training with a Stage Combat expert. I have a few friends in the field, mostly in the U.S., but they might be able to point the OP to someone who could help, provided he was interested. I wouldn't expect it to be free, however.

There are levels of how far you want to take it.

I have trained it. Down at PCW in roville.
As a beginner it is pretty fun.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Capoeira takes a lot of hard training before you will be graceful with it. There is no fast-track for that.
Same goes with any martial art though. I personally the ops idea is totally unrealistic. If you want to look good that takes years of training and dedication and practice outside the club

Latest Discussions