Works Of Satan

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
On another discussion board I'm part of they started listing things that they felt were the "works of Satan"... some of the responses were pretty amusing, others you could sympathize with.

Here are some of my own* and some of the ones from the others.

*AOL

*Traffic jams (when you're in a huge hurry)

*Flat tires in the pouring rain/snowstorm

*Those over-sized anti-theft plastic wrappers on items in the stores i.e. electronic gizmos, tools, small sports equiptment, etc.

*Jehovah's Witnesses when they come knocking on your door

Reality shows

Charlie Horses in the middle of the night

That purple dinosaur Barney

Dogs that poo on the kitchen floor during the night

Microsoft

Bee Stings

Standardized Tests (the ones with those little circles that you have to fill in completely)

*Internet Pop-ups

Senile cats

---------------------

Funny line from The Waterboy
"Mama, when did Ben Franklin invent electricity?
That's nonsense. I invented electricity. Ben Franklin is the devil!! "

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A$$hat drivers!!!! (You know, really rude ones who can't get there fast enough, but put everyone in danger along the way.) Satan's cheuffures (sp).

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Microsoft

I love how freely people bash Microsoft. Why exactly is that? :D I've been in the IT field for 8 years...and when you ask "Why?" someone hates Microsoft so much, they can't seem to come up with much. Ahh...the life of a sheep :D

Microsoft made it possible for every Tom, Dick and Harry to be able to use a computer. (Well...they stole it from Steve Jobs anyway)

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay Bell
I love how freely people bash Microsoft. Why exactly is that? :D I've been in the IT field for 8 years...and when you ask "Why?" someone hates Microsoft so much, they can't seem to come up with much. Ahh...the life of a sheep :D

Microsoft made it possible for every Tom, Dick and Harry to be able to use a computer. (Well...they stole it from Steve Jobs anyway)

I think it's overall suspicion; you can't run that big of a monopoly on an industry, and rake in that much doe w/o it being a work of evil! :rofl:

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoMatt
Telemarketers are the spawn of Satan himself

whenever I get a telemarketer on the phone I always ask "what are you wearing?"...seems to work pretty good. :D

K

Kroy

Originally posted by Ender
whenever I get a telemarketer on the phone I always ask "what are you wearing?"...seems to work pretty good. :D

Let them know that you're busy, ask for there number and tell you'll call them back later. That works wonders.:D

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kroy
Let them know that you're busy, ask for there number and tell you'll call them back later. That works wonders.:D

Works better if you ask for their home number, and what time they expect to sit down for dinner.

:D

Cthulhu

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Or let the telemarketers ramble on with their spiel for awhile and then say- "Oh, I'm sorry, what did you say?"

Grapefruit, black licorice, gnats and biting flies..........yep- all from Satan!!

:asian: :karate:

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay Bell

OK. I'll take a stab at this one.

(Well...they stole it from Steve Jobs anyway)

There's a good reason to have something against Microsoft but then of course you'd be morally obligated to have something against Apple for stealing it from Xerox.

I'm also a casual Mac user (but I used to work in Tech Support for Power Computing, Apple and Dell) so I may be biased, but I think history will also show that not only does Microsoft like to steal ideas and even code away from Apple, but then they will turn around and resell it and make it so that it does not work with a Mac as added insult to injury. No I don't have an example, but I know Apple sued them once for stealing code. I don't know how that got resolved.

Then there is the practice Microsoft has of releasing bug-ridden software as safe, secure and reliable and this topic is also partially addressed by IT Pros in the September 15, 2003 edition of "Information Week" which sports the following text on its cover

Hey, MICROSOFT, customers' patience with all those Windows patches is wearing thin. SOME OF THEM ARE FED UP

I found that Information Week magazine in the kitchen here at work. It probably discusses everything better than I could.
Here is a link to their website
http://www.informationweek.com/
This link may actually take you to the article
http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=14705816

A quote from this one article
"You have to seriously start thinking about alternatives," Bowne CIO Harenchar says.

So there. You can no longer claim that the Sheep have no reasons. And this Sheep is a CIO who works with PCs, not a Mac user like me.
:asian: